Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Hockey 2019-2020- a big fresh start, again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Hockey 2019-2020- a big fresh start, again.

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    BTW, if you didn't go to the season ticket holder event, you didn't miss much. Lots of pizza that got cold quickly, some salad, sitting in the stands... Mel didn't show up, but Muckalt did, just for 15 min answering some pre-made questions. No questions from the audience, and it was over way faster than the schedule. At least it was an event for ticket holders- so there is something to build from.
    Yeah that is about what I expected so I didn't bother going.

Based on the emails, etc. from the Athletic Dept. over the past month an a half or so I got the impression that ticket sales, especially season ticket sales, were W-A-Y down. They were practically begging for people to buy tickets. Looking at the box scores attendance is running between 1500-2000 below last seasons average. More evidence - WHERE is everybody that used to comment on this forum? I'm starting to feel a little lonely. Can someone reincarnate Don Canham? He was a master at figuring out ways to get people into seats.

That shutout was 100% Strauss Mann- the D left him hanging a few crazy times. And he was super solid in covering their mistakes. And it's not as if the D was bad- they did mostly a good job, but at times, well.... And a few of them seemed to be slow to turn around, which forced some odd man rushes.
    Listening to the WTKA post game on the way home they mentioned that Mann now has a season GAA of only 1.31 and save % of .952. They gave him their #1 star.
    Last edited by JoeZ; 10-19-2019, 08:30 AM.
    Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
    Row 1
    Seats 6 & 7
    Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

Sweep! Very nice- kinda nerve wracking at the end, but a win is a win, and a sweep is a sweep. Things to work on, for sure, but some improvement from a week ago. Lets hope we see that kind of change from week to week.

edit- sure makes watching this football game a lot easier. Terrible for them.
      Last edited by alfablue; 10-19-2019, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Yes the sweep was nice but the loss of concentration causing the two quick goals gave me flashbacks to previous years.
        As far as season tik holders.. My little group started with 5 seats in '95 and when some kids grew up, we were down to 3 then 2 last year but, two new knee's and hip took it down to just 1.

It looks to me like there is a better D work on not being caught out of place. This was particularly evident with how few one man breakaways that took place. Last year it was a regular happening buy not so far this year.
        Any word on how long York will be out?
        He is as cool as a bomb disposal technician!

Comment

Originally posted by sqeyes View Post
          All I have heard is that it is one of those unspecific "Lower body" injuries.
          Row 1
          Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Sweep! Very nice- kinda nerve wracking at the end, but a win is a win, and a sweep is a sweep.
            ??????????

I KNOW I replied to this a couple of days ago but the reply is MIA!

YES, the sweep was very nice, especially considering last season "We" had only TWO weekend sweeps all season, early in the season v. St. Lawrence and late in the season v. Li'l Brother.
            Row 1
            Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Another great game by Strauss Mann! He bailed out mistakes throughout the game. Some good attacking along with Mann, and we get a pretty dominant 4-0 shutout.

Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by sqeyes View Post
                He was back last night
                Row 1
                Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Another great game by Strauss Mann! He bailed out mistakes throughout the game.
                  There were at least three times he absolutely STOLE goals from the Broncos last night.

He is settling in nicely.
                  Row 1
                  Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                    He was back last night
                    And recorded two assists according to the score sheet.

Comment

Cam seemed to have a good game- but the D still was not as strong as it could be. Still too many odd man rushes, and still have the panic times where D passes go to the other team in our zone. You can see that all of that is being addressed- as all of that is getting less and less every week. It's been a while since we've had a goalie who can take out those opportunities so often- Mann is doing a great job letting the D improve without giving up games.

Which should really help the mental aspect of the game- mistakes can be made with less consequence- where the team can be really set back by losses.

The other note- the PP was pretty bad. And they really need to work on it, mostly because seeing them work so hard and skate so fast- they are going to get a LOT of PP opportunities this year. This team is really fast, and everyone is a risk to score.

Comment

First away game didn't turn out well.... But it was the first away game.

Not sure if I'll watch the replay, but of the games we have had, Saturday was worse than Friday. So that plus being away = loss.

Comment

Who's coming down next weekend?
                          We have beer!

Comment

First away game didn't turn out well.... But it was the first away game.

Not sure if I'll watch the replay, but of the games we have had, Saturday was worse than Friday. So that plus being away = loss.
                            No wonder Red never wanted to play games in Kalamazoo.
                            CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

I didn't watch Saturday or even see clips yet. Wondering what happened, because the 1st period Friday night vs. Western we looked like we were a much better team than them. Tough to get behind 2 goals early on the road (as WMU learned Friday).

They've got a chance to play on the road again this weekend. I think a split would be a good result.

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                              Who's coming down next weekend?
                              We have beer!
                              I'm trying to convince husband that Saturday's game could easily be a day trip with the 5 pm start time. We could be home before midnight. Then again, with the 5 month old, that'd be a long day.
                              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                              7 B1G
                              7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                              6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                              5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                              5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                              2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                              2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                                I'm trying to convince husband that Saturday's game could easily be a day trip with the 5 pm start time. We could be home before midnight. Then again, with the 5 month old, that'd be a long day.
                                Good seats always available at VERY reasonable prices and you are allowed to move into better ones if no one shows up for those seats.
                                I'd love to get to meet your little Wolverine but the best part of the road trip is she's young enough yet that you don't have to hit all the rest stops.
                                Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 10-28-2019, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X