Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Re: Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

- Facts presented.
    - You: Random observation in the name of just asking questions.
    - Everyone else: prove theory wrong.
    - You: Question random observation as non-existant.
    - Everyone else: Point out your antics.
    - You: DEFLECT! DEFLECT! DEFLECT!!

Quote Originally Posted by BassAle View Post
    41 rounds in 30 seconds sounds low for fully auto. I think we're looking at an unmodified semi-automatic rifle with a high capacity magazine.
    Ding ding ding.

I also love the fact you (Sic) would rather point out I posted the internet equivalent of Charlie Brown saying "Augh!" instead of refuting *any* of the math or stats of the weapon that you have such deep knowledge of and I had to resort to random Google searches.

So... the math is right then?

\../ \../
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.

Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    I have a friend who lives in rural Cass County ND. His local* sheriff's office (SO) field deputy has recommended to him that he purchase a KSG Bullpup because of drug traffic and worse in rural parts of the county where they live. Called it a home defense stalwart. (Joe Biden would be proud.)

That thing has two on-board fixed magazine tubes each holding seven 3" shells, plus one in the firing chamber. That's 15 rounds, no reloading.

But you can load it with mini (1.75") shotgun rounds and it'll work just fine. But you'll have almost 30 rounds, no reloading.

That's what a local LEO is telling citizens (to buy) where I live.

YMMV.

*Relative term; he's 20 miles away; main SO office is 45 miles away in Fargo.
    With what passes for law enforcement officers these days, taking advice from them is probably not as useful as you think. Besides, they're in the business of drumming up fear so we all feel like they have the most dangerous job in the whole wide world. And of course if we're all living in fear and wetting our pants at the thought of how the next stranger I see is a big bad drug dealer I'll be sure to support yet another increase in my local property taxes to pay for the $75,000 modified SUVs for them to tool around in instead of the $67,000 version.

\../ \../
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.

CCW is more about accuracy than speed (aka randomly spewing ammunition).

You can spray-and-pray; I'll spot-and-dot.
    You sound like 90% of the gun nuts I've met in the last decade. Your guns are there to express what a powerful man you are. I find that sad.

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    You sound like 90% of the gun nuts I've met in the last decade. Your guns are there to express what a powerful man you are. I find that sad.
    As I said, he a stud.

I've been thinking about getting one of those little small caliber purse pistols with a snub nose and a hair trigger. What does that say?

Lucia Apologist

To pull that fast (41 in 30) there was no shooter's methodology, just spray and hope you hit something.
    TFW you lay out an amazing predicate for why these guns should be banned because they're not useful for hunting nor are they reasonable for self defense.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    I've been thinking about getting one of those little small caliber purse pistols with a snub nose and a hair trigger. What does that say?
    That you're sensible?
    Last edited by aparch; 08-16-2019 at 03:30 PM.

Kicizapi Cetan

Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    I also love the fact you (Sic) would rather point out I posted the internet equivalent of Charlie Brown saying "Augh!" instead of refuting *any* of the math or stats of the weapon that you have such deep knowledge of and I had to resort to random Google searches.

So... the math is right then?
    I don't claim knowledge of that particular weapon.

When I hear 41 in 30, or as I said,

41 rounds in 30 seconds? That sounds like it was (illegally) modified to be fully automatic. (Full automatic firearms are strictly licensed and controlled under Federal law.)
    I am surprised. Most civilian weapons would jam or overheat at that rate of fire unless ... modified.

Can 41 in 30 be done. Yup.

So what's your point?
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Kicizapi Cetan

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    TFW you lay out an amazing predicate for why these guns should be banned because they're not useful for hunting nor are they reasonable for self defense.
    I'm pretty sure a practiced revolver shooter could put out 41 rounds in 30 seconds*, and that would involve 6 reloads.

Revolver. (But again, heat would be an issue.)

So revolvers are not useful for self-defense?

*The world record is for 12 revolver shots (fire six shots, reload, fire six shots from 1 revolver) is under 3 seconds.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Kicizapi Cetan

Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    Weak wrist?

North Dakota Hockey:

Kicizapi Cetan

I live where there are animals in the countryside that see you as a threat (in the case of momma moose), or prey*. That's why I carry.

I find target shooting relaxing as it forces me to clear my mind and focus on the task at hand. It's a recreational hobby for me.

I have my concealed carry permit because (a) I'm not an open carry fan, and (b) if it's not in my vault I want it under my control and not locked in a vehicle.

*Heck, the predators are going out of rural Cass County into subdivisions. That was under 2 miles from a sibling's house. Meow.

North Dakota Hockey:

Lucia Apologist

I'm pretty sure a practiced revolver shooter could put out 41 rounds in 30 seconds*, and that would involve 6 reloads.

Revolver. (But again, heat would be an issue.)

So revolvers are not useful for self-defense?

*The world record is for 12 revolver shots (fire six shots, reload, fire six shots from 1 revolver) is under 3 seconds.
    How about this, we get rid of the weapons of war that serve no purpose other than to paint the streets red and then we can have discussions about world class revolver shooters?
    Code:
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

Lucia Apologist

I live where there are animals in the countryside that see you as a threat (in the case of momma moose), or prey*. That's why I carry.

I find target shooting relaxing as it forces me to clear my mind and focus on the task at hand. It's a recreational hobby for me.

I have my concealed carry permit because (a) I'm not an open carry fan, and (b) if it's not in my vault I want it under my control and not locked in a vehicle.

*Heck, the predators are going out of rural Cass County into subdivisions. That was under 2 miles from a sibling's house. Meow.
    What processor do you use for those 30-50 feral hogs you bag?
    Code:

Kings affiliate
    To turn milk jugs of water into confetti at a gun range. To create air holes in plywood at a gun range.

Or kill lots of people in a single go not at a gun range. Up to the user.

*ding*ding*ding*
    So in other words...no need for it at all...just another phallic enhancement.

Kings affiliate

Sounds like we almost had another one today in Austin.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kxa...stin-park/amp/

Already insane, UAA making it worse

You have to carry because of a f-ing moose? Lol dude, just don’t get in between mama and babies and you’re fine. Give your balls a tug.

Heck, the park that has our main soccer complex has black bears all the time and nobody uses a gun.

Seriously, put the gun down and give your balls a tug.

Jfc

Thread Information