Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Just a boring user.

Re: Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    God didn’t write the constitution you god**** imbecile

Killing is a god given right- that's why people have free choice, right? Remember, these people also love the death penalty- even if it gets the wrong person. Randomly killing people is just the right thing to do, for them.

ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    one can't have GOoD without GOD otherwise you only have O
    Ironically, without the D you have only GOO.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Ironically, without the D you have only GOO.
    Exactly..... no goD

Not a mass shooting as of now, but sounds like gang fights and lots of shots at the Minnesota state fair, at least one person shot, hospitals apparently on lockdown

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...fair-main-gate

Not a mass shooting as of now, but sounds like gang fights and lots of shots at the Minnesota state fair, at least one person shot, hospitals apparently on lockdown

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota...fair-main-gate
    What is sad, is that my friends and I have been expecting this for years. Surprised it took this long.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Waiting for the Snow to fly...
    South Chicago Burbs... For now anyways...

Walmart announces changes following shootings

This is a BS play on Walmart's part. They are playing to both sides of the fence on this one while changing very little on their end.

- I can't say I've ever noticed any quantity of the ammo they are pulling from the stores at any location I've been in. Those rounds probably make up significantly less than 10% of their total ammo sales. At the same time, they can claim to Jimbo and Billy Bob that the changes haven't affected them at all since the stores still sell all the shotgun shells and Deer/Small Game cartridges that they have been buying there for years. On the flip side, they play the PR card to the Anti-gun crowd, saying that they did something.

- Walmart will eliminate "Open Carry" in their stores unless there is authorized Law Enforcement present. Well, a large chunk of security for stores is off-duty L.E.O.'s. Despite being off-duty, they are still present. So I would assume that the times where open carry is NOT allowed will be minimal. Again, they say that they are making a chance while telling others that the change won't effect them.

This is a weak play and shows how Corporate America is balls deep into us
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Quote Originally Posted by RaceBoarder View Post

This is a BS play on Walmart's part. They are playing to both sides of the fence on this one while changing very little on their end.

- I can't say I've ever noticed any quantity of the ammo they are pulling from the stores at any location I've been in. Those rounds probably make up significantly less than 10% of their total ammo sales. At the same time, they can claim to Jimbo and Billy Bob that the changes haven't affected them at all since the stores still sell all the shotgun shells and Deer/Small Game cartridges that they have been buying there for years. On the flip side, they play the PR card to the Anti-gun crowd, saying that they did something.

- Walmart will eliminate "Open Carry" in their stores unless there is authorized Law Enforcement present. Well, a large chunk of security for stores is off-duty L.E.O.'s. Despite being off-duty, they are still present. So I would assume that the times where open carry is NOT allowed will be minimal. Again, they say that they are making a chance while telling others that the change won't effect them.

I don't think it's a completely meaningless gesture.

First, iirc pretty much every "assault" style rifle sold today is either a 5.56 or .223 caliber weapon. The old AK-47 in the Russian army was a 7.62 caliber, but I think the army figured out that was too much even for trained soldiers.

Is either 5.56 or .223 caliber ammo a big seller for Walmart? Hard to say, but I doubt it. Most people don't have or use "assault" rifles. They are much more likely to buy shotgun shells or a caliber typically used for something like deer hunting, say a 30.06 or .308 caliber ammo.

But if the only ammo used in assault weapons is 5.56 or .223 caliber ammo, and Walmart has now refused to sell it, I think it's a little harsh to claim they've done nothing other than pull a publicity stunt.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    I don't think it's a completely meaningless gesture.

First, iirc pretty much every "assault" style rifle sold today is either a 5.56 or .223 caliber weapon. The old AK-47 in the Russian army was a 7.62 caliber, but I think the army figured out that was too much even for trained soldiers.

Is either 5.56 or .223 caliber ammo a big seller for Walmart? Hard to say, but I doubt it. Most people don't have or use "assault" rifles. They are much more likely to buy shotgun shells or a caliber typically used for something like deer hunting, say a 30.06 or .308 caliber ammo.

But if the only ammo used in assault weapons is 5.56 or .223 caliber ammo, and Walmart has now refused to sell it, I think it's a little harsh to claim they've done nothing other than pull a publicity stunt.
    I completely disagree. My guess would be their biggest sellers are .22ís, .223ís/5.56ís, and 9MMís. There are a lot of calibers you could make arguments both ways for.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    I completely disagree. My guess would be their biggest sellers are .22ís, .223ís/5.56ís, and 9MMís. There are a lot of calibers you could make arguments both ways for.
    Both ways arguments? Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by RaceBoarder View Post

I think it's an empty gesture. You can get ammo ANYWHERE. But there are SOME hurdles when buying a gun, most notably, when you have to go through a background check.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    I think it's an empty gesture. You can get ammo ANYWHERE. But there are SOME hurdles when buying a gun, most notably, when you have to go through a background check.
    The gunman who killed seven people and wounded 25 more in a shooting rampage along a west Texas highway Saturday obtained the firearm he used through a private sale, avoiding a background check, according to multiple reports.
    Yeah, there's a ton of hurdles to go through. It's so ****ing hard to avoid background checks.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ck/2195417001/
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ

Now itís all Darwinís fault
    Amazing:

"At some point, we have to realize as a nation that we have a problem," Perkins, a former Republican Louisiana legislator, said on "Fox & Friends" on Sunday, just a day after a mass shooting in West Texas left eight people dead. "And the problem is not the absence of laws. Itís an absence of morality.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Amazing:
    They don't have these problems in Europe and I doubt any fundies would claim Europeans are leading the charge with church participation.

I have many questions about this Tweet. Leading question is why are Senator Dan Crenshaw's friends unable to pass a background check?

Follow up, why is a US Senator handing out his handguns to his non-backgroundcheck-passing friends to use unsupervised?

This is irresponsible firearm ownership at best case.

Last edited by aparch; 09-04-2019 at 09:37 AM.

Waiting for the Snow to fly...
    South Chicago Burbs... For now anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    I have many questions about this Tweet. Leading question is why are Senator Dan Crenshaw's friends unable to pass a background check?

Follow up, why is a US Senator handing out his handguns to his non-backgroundcheck-passing friends to use unsupervised?

I'd like to see how this guy defines a Straw Purchase This is why gun owners need to be hammered in court when something bad goes down with their firearm.
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Crenshaw is only a Rep, btw. And he's trying to be the right-wing AOC with his Twitter presence.

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post

She looks illegal.

ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Crenshaw is only a Rep, btw. And he's trying to be the right-wing AOC with his Twitter presence.
    The right-wing AOC is Stephen Miller.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Crenshaw is only a Rep, btw.
    Ah sh**. My bad. Giving him way to much credit.

Still, I won't loan my car to an unlicensed driver (let alone some licensed drivers). There is no way in Hell I would hand someone a Glock and wish them the best of luck on their road trip.

Thread Information