Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Quote Originally Posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Yea, same thing when it comes to hunting/outdoors culture. That goes both ways.
    Thoughts and prayers

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    They can give up their multi-loading shotguns, and go back to hunting with good ol'double barrels. Like their grampy did.

Like real men.

Kings affiliate
    Hunters don't need these weapons to hunt.
    Your culture needs to change if an "assault rifle" is needed to hunt.
    Last edited by First Time, Long Time; 08-17-2019 at 01:07 PM.

Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Re: Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

"Muh marksmunship iz so bad, I gottuh put at least six rounds in a deer to bring 'er down!"

I prefer my venison with less holes than swiss cheese, but to each their own... *shrug*
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

War Mongering Conservadem!

No it doesnt. Just because you assume we dont get it doesnt make you right. We understand what you are saying, we just dont care anymore.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

War Mongering Conservadem!

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    "Muh marksmunship iz so bad, I gottuh put at least six rounds in a deer to bring 'er down!"
    Man This Scene is WAY Too Relevant Now!

Last edited by Handyman; 08-17-2019 at 03:08 PM.

Kings affiliate
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Love that movie.
    Underrated IMO.

Waiting for the Snow to fly...
    South Chicago Burbs... For now anyways...

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    They can give up their multi-loading shotguns, and go back to hunting with good ol'double barrels. Like their grampy did.

Like real men.
    This is why I keep asking for people to define things when they use terms like "Semi-auto". An O/U or SxS is banned by what people here say they want.

Quote Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Hunters don't need these weapons to hunt.
    Your culture needs to change if an "assault rifle" is needed to hunt.
    Where did I EVER say that I was in favor of keeping "Modern Sporting Rifles" (MSR's) around? Those are the mean looking assault rifle looking ones... The problem is that when you take those out by using blanket terminology you also take out "traditional" hunting weapons like the Remington 870 (which is the best selling non-military firearm of all time BTW).

You're just assuming that responsible hunters want to hunt with a Howitzer, and that is not the case. Like most things in modern political debate, you are either A or B, no in-between. A and B can be miles apart in philosophy but it's all or nothing. And that is a MAJOR problem
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

This is why I keep asking for people to define things when they use terms like "Semi-auto". An O/U or SxS is banned by what people here sayn they want
    No theyre not. You ask them to define terms just to be a doosh.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Just a boring user.

This is why I keep asking for people to define things when they use terms like "Semi-auto". An O/U or SxS is banned by what people here say they want.

Where did I EVER say that I was in favor of keeping "Modern Sporting Rifles" (MSR's) around? Those are the mean looking assault rifle looking ones... The problem is that when you take those out by using blanket terminology you also take out "traditional" hunting weapons like the Remington 870 (which is the best selling non-military firearm of all time BTW).

You're just assuming that responsible hunters want to hunt with a Howitzer, and that is not the case. Like most things in modern political debate, you are either A or B, no in-between. A and B can be miles apart in philosophy but it's all or nothing. And that is a MAJOR problem
    6 round magazine, one shot per second. Done. No need for more than that for any sport- hunting is pointless if you fire faster than that, as is target shooting. The only reason you need more than that it to kill more people faster. Which we don't need.

If we can make changing the magazine like changing the empty rounds in a 6 shooter, all the better.

No need to define what kind each gun is, as you can keep any auto gun as long as it's slow, and limited rounds. Takes care of everything.

BTW, people can keep what they have, especially if we make it a federal crime to sell any gun that is more capable of that- mostly because MOST mass shootings, the shooter gets his weapons reasonably close to the event. And a harsh federal crime, as well as a massive civic liability (which I'd totally open up so that anyone who sells an illegal gun to a shooter is immediately bankrupt). No need to collect guns that are out there now- the system will take care of itself if we really penalize people who are dumb and just sell their guns to anyone.

(Just like we SHOULD be putting the ban hammer on companies who hire illegal immigrants- as THEY are the real source of the problem)
    Last edited by alfablue; 08-17-2019 at 05:11 PM.

Kings affiliate

You're the one that brought up the hunting culture...i responded those weapons aren't needed. You freaked out...
    Hunting isn't needed here. It's a luxury...if the hunting community can't give up "assault rifles" (and as I defined that is whatever what in the original ban, and you seemed to have no issues there) then that's their problem with that culture.
    At this point...im done trying to cater to or placate those who want to keep their phallic extensions regardless of use. The US is not responsible enough to keep them.
    When the 2A has become more important to thr gun lobby than the right to live...i no longer care about the opinion of the gun lobby.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Door to door. Send in the ATF and FBI to confiscate the semiautos. Looking forward to all the suicides by cop.
    Yes, I would like to live in a police state. That sounds awesome. Also, say someone has 6 guns, and gives up 5. Hmm, ok, this person gave up all his weapons, 5 is about right. Let's move on. You know that will happen.

And again, what I proposed is only a PORTION of the overall reform. Some of what Scooby said is also needed. Add to that, if we can figure out the medical privacy laws then we can do the mental health checks I also desire. Then, top it off with red flag laws. I am thinking we'll see a change in what's currently happening.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    Yes, I would like to live in a police state. That sounds awesome. Also, say someone has 6 guns, and gives up 5. Hmm, ok, this person gave up all his weapons, 5 is about right. Let's move on. You know that will happen.

And again, what I proposed is only a PORTION of the overall reform. Some of what Scooby said is also needed. Add to that, if we can figure out the medical privacy laws then we can do the mental health checks I also desire. Then, top it off with red flag laws. I am thinking we'll see a change in what's currently happening.
    Getting my bearings back after a long day on the road.
    I guess what I'm saying is, my mods proposal on its own is only PART of a bigger plan. Scooby added some parts to that plan, and there are still other parts that need to be added. On its own? Yes, I agree it's not enough. Hence, the necessity of those other parts to make a change.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Hunting is not a luxury for some people. That's an extreme position.

In a surprise move Trump is backing off background checks.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    In a surprise move Trump is backing off background checks.
    Maybe he can make thoughts and prayers mandatory at work and school

Just a boring user.

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Why can't the NRA see that the more they play games like this, the more likely that 80% of Americans will decide that the 2nd is no longer needed? Play the game responsibly, and you will get to keep your deadly toys.

Just a boring user.

A group that is interested in more guns- the companies that are making money on our horrible situation- bullet resistant back packs for school.

Yea, they are a thing.

How did we get here?

Thread Information