Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    I listed what I believe is possible. For those who are for "banning all the guns" keep dreaming. Not gonna happen, not feasible. Talk to me when you want to be realistic, and harsh, at the same time.
    How 'bout we ban 'some' of the guns. Ok by you, Centrist Boy?
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      Our culture is not so different?

Lololololol.
      We are the epitome of "bigger better faster more." And I don't recall any gun being sold to the public with a 100 round clip. That's separate. Keep on with your narrative and try to catch that cloud.
      So ban the clips. Or is that not possible, not sane, reasonable centrist thinking?
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Re: Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/05/us/da...nds/index.html

This is a semi-automatic rifle.

The Dayton gunman killed 9 people by firing 41 shots in 30 seconds. A high-capacity rifle helped enable that speed
        41 shots in 30 seconds.

And we think semi-automatics should be legal? Well, if they're legal and continue to be legal people are going to get slaughtered like they are now. So ban them. When guns were safe and the second amendment was cool the NRA was a gun safety organization. That ceased years ago. And because that ceased the gun owners in this country proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that they do not have the right to own these kinds of weapons. Their community is broken. They're now like a 4 year old who has to have their toys taken away.

Time to take the toys away.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          Incorrect. I acknowledge that we cannot fix people 100%, but we can also take precautions. It's not black and white. There is a lot of gray. There is no acceptable level of slaughter. We have to work within certain confines, though. I'm all for full extensive background checks, mental health, ban the mods to guns, red flag laws. Will it stop everything? Nope. Will it help? Yep.
          Looks like some people here cannot read.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            Looks like some people here cannot read.
            They'll just be a black market for the mods or they'll build them in their garage and then still shoot up the mall.

Fact is even without the mods they can kill a lot of people very quickly. Try doing that with a knife.

Ban them. The children never grew up. Time to take the toys away.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
              Open carry nuts are far more troubling than concealed carry.
              I'm permitted conceal carry; I do not favor open carry by anyone but uniformed law enforcement.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Nope.

It's an AR-15 Pistol.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  41 rounds in 30 seconds? That sounds like it was (illegally) modified to be fully automatic. (Full automatic firearms are strictly licensed and controlled under Federal law.)
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    Even worse.

Comment

I have a friend who lives in rural Cass County ND. His local* sheriff's office (SO) field deputy has recommended to him that he purchase a KSG Bullpup because of drug traffic and worse in rural parts of the county where they live. Called it a home defense stalwart. (Joe Biden would be proud.)

That thing has two on-board fixed magazine tubes each holding seven 3" shells, plus one in the firing chamber. That's 15 rounds, no reloading.

But you can load it with mini (1.75") shotgun rounds and it'll work just fine. But you'll have almost 30 rounds, no reloading.

That's what a local LEO is telling citizens (to buy) where I live.

YMMV.

*Relative term; he's 20 miles away; main SO office is 45 miles away in Fargo.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                        41 rounds in 30 seconds? That sounds like it was (illegally) modified to be fully automatic. (Full automatic firearms are strictly licensed and controlled under Federal law.)
                        One-ish pull per second rate would be fully auto? According to Google searches, the gun is designed for *400* per minute in full auto mode.

*edit* Yes, this gentleman is a well practiced speed shooter, but he unloads five rounds in under a second. Splits of .12 to .15 seconds. https://youtu.be/v3gf_5MR4tE
                        If you're telling me .73 seconds is super fast, maybe you need to take some classes before recertifying your CCW...
                        Last edited by aparch; 08-16-2019, 01:28 PM.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          And the need for one of these is?
                          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

That's what a local LEO is telling citizens (to buy) where I live.
                            you should move, or the LEO's should start rounding up the meth-heads then. It's not our fault you live in a **** hole.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                              41 rounds in 30 seconds sounds low for fully auto. I think we're looking at an unmodified semi-automatic rifle with a high capacity magazine.

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                                And the need for one of these is?
                                To turn milk jugs of water into confetti at a gun range. To create air holes in plywood at a gun range.

Or kill lots of people in a single go not at a gun range. Up to the user.

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                                I think we're looking at an unmodified semi-automatic rifle with a high capacity magazine.
                                *ding*ding*ding*

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X