Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2019-20: We'll Just Talk About Our Fantasy Teams Again....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Always the best one of the year, because it's Magary's team.
    Great. My team’s quarterback fumbles like Jesus told him to, and now the ball will be coated in a gallon of liquefied, unpasteurized fromunda cheese on every down.
    I’m dying already!
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Re: NFL 2019-20: We'll Just Talk About Our Fantasy Teams Again....

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      I’m dying already!
      The Comments on that one are absolutely the best of the series, in each way possible.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Always the best one of the year, because it's Magary's team.
        The last time the Vikings went to the Super Bowl, the original Star Wars film was not yet released. Elvis, Bing Crosby, and Charlie Chaplin were still alive. The last person to be executed by guillotine in France happened 8 months after the Vikings made their last Super Bowl appearance.
        Vikings seasons are like David Lynch movies. For a moment there’s a moment of hope that this will have a happy ending but the season ALWAYS concludes in the most ****ed up way possible.
        I can’t even enjoy the surprising Twins relevancy, because my love of Minnesota sports has completely broken me for experiencing joy. My wife explains away my constant skepticism to strangers with. “Well, he’s a Vikings fan,” and it’s always invariably greeted with, “Oh, I’m so sorry.” IN KANSAS ****ING CITY.
        Drew effing Pearson
        Darrin effing Nelson
        Gary effing Anderson
        Forty-one effing donut
        Drew effing Brees/NFL effing refs
        Phila-effing-delphia

We're the perpetual Charlie Brown falling for that bi*ch Lucy's promise of redemption. Honestly I don't know how this franchise has any fans left that isn't under the age of 20. But they continue to sell out, get great ratings and you always see a lot of fans at their away games.

Luckily I stopped being completely vested after the '98 season. I still pay attention and want them to win but ever since then I've never lost my s**t over every subsequent and inevitably incomprehensible and uniquely Viking playoff collapse.

Comment

Sam's story ended it on a weird note...

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            Drew effing Pearson
            Darrin effing Nelson
            Gary effing Anderson
            Forty-one effing donut
            Drew effing Brees/NFL effing refs
            Phila-effing-delphia

We're the perpetual Charlie Brown falling for that bi*ch Lucy's promise of redemption. Honestly I don't know how this franchise has any fans left that isn't under the age of 20. But they continue to sell out, get great ratings and you always see a lot of fans at their away games.

Luckily I stopped being completely vested after the '98 season. I still pay attention and want them to win but ever since then I've never lost my s**t over every subsequent and inevitably incomprehensible and uniquely Viking playoff collapse.
            Welcome to the Boston Red Sox, prior to 2004.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
              Luckily Viking fans don't have to worry about ever having a team good enough for other fan bases to hate them for it.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                Luckily Viking fans don't have to worry about ever having a team good enough for other fan bases to hate them for it.
                I've never hated the Packers. It's their fans.

Comment

I've never hated the Packers. It's their fans.
                  The Packers dont really win that much. At least not since before i was born.
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    Exactly. Or the Cubs until they broke through again. All you need to know if you're a Minnesota Sports fan is it took the Cubs over 100 years to get another Title. If 100 years are the benchmark I'll be dead and buried before the Vikings, Wild, or Wolves wins their first title and the Twins win their third.

So, I've pretty much stopped thinking it's ever going to happen.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

They creep up on you. I was amazed looking at their record a few years ago that they have actually be a really strong team. It's just that to people my age (mid 50s) they spent our formative years and a way after in the toilet so we'll always consider them a ruin like Cleveland.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Aren't you a Bears fan? Green Bay as much as I hate to say it has had 2 SB wins since the Bears only title and 1 since the Bears last appearance. They had the 3rd highest WIN% from 2010-2017 the Bears were 24th. From 2000-2009 Chicago had 5 losing seasons, Green Bay 1.

Comment

Aren't you a Bears fan? Green Bay as much as I hate to say it has had 2 SB wins since the Bears only title and 1 since the Bears last appearance. They had the 3rd highest WIN% from 2010-2017 the Bears were 24th. From 2000-2009 Chicago had 5 losing seasons, Green Bay 1.
                          Oh i hate them, but i hate everything WI. So it wouldnt matter who i was a fan of.
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Is there any difference at all between the fan bases of CHI, GB, DET, and MIN? I think of them all as corn-over-fed, cold, grumbling, seasonal affect disorder depressed, and alcoholic. From outside the Norris Division it all looks the same.

It's like four ant hills out in the middle of a field in Potsdam, NY, in February, at dusk. Presumably they can tell each other apart enough to fight, but we can't.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Is there any difference at all between the fan bases of CHI, GB, DET, and MIN? I think of them all as corn-over-fed, cold, grumbling, seasonal affect disorder depressed, and alcoholic. From outside the Norris Division it all looks the same.
                              Personally I feel bad for Lions and Vikings fans who don't seem to have done anything to deserve those football teams (unlike say Colts fans). Green Bay fans have an annoying habit of pumping up their QB's as the GOAT after 1 SB win when there's like 10 other quarterbacks with a better claim to that title. I'll never forgive the Bears for gifting Peyton Manning his first Super Bowl which is the opposite of how Drew Brees could turn out to be a serial killer and I'd show up at his sentencing hearing to plead for mercy given how he saved us from 9 bazillion annoying commercials after the Saints beat the Colts a few years later.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

For the locals, if you were trying to contrast the fan bases?

Here's the best I can come up with but none of them are very strong identifiers to me:

DET: (I draw a perfect blank. Are there any Lions fans?)
                                CHI: bandwagon and brittle (slightly less ridiculous Pats fans)
                                GB: loyal but self-congratulatory (St. Louis Cardinals fans)
                                MIN: cursed, doomed, spiritually beaten (deeply reminiscent of Mets fans)
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X