Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL 2019-20: We'll Just Talk About Our Fantasy Teams Again....

Re: NFL 2019-20: We'll Just Talk About Our Fantasy Teams Again....

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    No criminal charges?

(Not that that delegitimizes her accusations)
    It's new, details have to be investigated, etc etc. Part of me says "money grab," but then part of me also says "should have done this last week with his bigger contract, so there is truth there," then another part of me says, "he's still friggin' rich."
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    Oh my ****ing god thatís great

Iím literally in tears

there's a good buck in that racket.

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    so let's see how "the patriot way" works now.....
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Commissioner's exempt list. jmo
    A bad cause requires many words.

Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    No criminal charges?

(Not that that delegitimizes her accusations)
    its not the accusers call on criminal charges...letís not forget that

If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar

In the "huh, ain't that a pity" file: Tyreek Hill is out for a few weeks with a shoulder injury.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    ďDon't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.Ē
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

I'm inclined to give the woman the benefit of the doubt although if she does indeed have texts of him begging for forgiveness it would be nice if that came out. Regarding the Pats/NFL I'm not sure there's anything they can do at this point. Brown is entitled to due process like anybody else even if he is a self centered jerk. That changes if he's charged with anything, and I am a little confused as to why this is a civil suit instead of a criminal complaint.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    In the "huh, ain't that a pity" file: Tyreek Hill is out for a few weeks with a shoulder injury.
    A friend of mine has Hill, A. Brown and Melvin Gordon on his fantasy team. I told him he doesn't need to draft better players, he needs to draft better people.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm inclined to give the woman the benefit of the doubt although if she does indeed have texts of him begging for forgiveness it would be nice if that came out. Regarding the Pats/NFL I'm not sure there's anything they can do at this point. Brown is entitled to due process like anybody else even if he is a self centered jerk. That changes if he's charged with anything, and I am a little confused as to why this is a civil suit instead of a criminal complaint.
    Can be suspended with pay.

Registered Loser

Quote Originally Posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    Commissioner's exempt list. jmo
    Putting players on the exempt list over a civil complaint (not a judgement and not a criminal anything) is a pretty dangerous precedent, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    its not the accusers call on criminal charges...let’s not forget that
    But it's the accuser's call to file a police report or not, and it appears that hasn't happened here.

I'm not much of an NFL fan anymore and will do my best to keep my Patriots bias aside. AB drives me nuts but the league's collective meltdown to the Patriots signing him has given me a ton of entertainment the last few days. That said, I don't know what to make of this. I believe we should believe all accusations of the sort - at the least believe them enough to investigate thoroughly. But I also believe in due process for the accused as well.

This is a crap situation. It seems are options are:

1. He's a rapist piece of garbage.
    2. She's extorting him.
    3. Both.

All three of those are terrible.
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Putting players on the exempt list over a civil complaint (not a judgement and not a criminal anything) is a pretty dangerous precedent, isn't it?
    The Exempt List is a special player status available to clubs only in unusual circumstances.

You tell me.
    A bad cause requires many words.

Quote Originally Posted by Swansong View Post
    I believe we should believe all accusations of the sort - at the least believe them enough to investigate thoroughly. But I also believe in due process for the accused as well.
    Take them seriously. Investigate. Prosecute if the investigation yields sufficient evidence. Let a jury or judge (since it's civil) decide. Just like any other crime.

On the one hand men get away with rape all the time because sexism.

On the other hand uppity black males get railroaded all the time because racism.

On the other other hand rich celebs get targeted for extortion all the time because greed.

Let it play out in the justice system; don't let white males anywhere near it from the proceedings to the media coverage.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Registered Loser

Quote Originally Posted by SonofSouthie View Post
    The Exempt List is a special player status available to clubs only in unusual circumstances.

You tell me.
    Yes, I read that article too (or one of them citing that old original article) and it isn't citing the rule, it's summarizing it. "unusual circumstances" is hardly letter of the law. I'm not saying it won't happen, since it's the NFL, but it's probably the worst possible decision they could make.

Registered Loser

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Take them seriously. Investigate. Prosecute if the investigation yields sufficient evidence. Let a jury or judge (since it's civil) decide. Just like any other crime.

On the one hand men get away with rape all the time because sexism.

On the other hand uppity black males get railroaded all the time because racism.

On the other other hand rich celebs get targeted for extortion all the time because greed.

Let it play out in the justice system; don't let white males anywhere near it from the proceedings to the media coverage.
    I think I pretty much agree with this.

There's a couple of the text messages in the actual lawsuit, they can be seen here.

He should probably be put on the exempt list for his crimes against English.

Quote Originally Posted by jerphisch View Post
    There's a couple of the text messages in the actual lawsuit, they can be seen here.

He should probably be put on the exempt list for his crimes against English.
    From the Comments:

Not the Antonio Brown come back story I expected.

Steelers fans like him again now

Robert Kraft: “Tonight, we are all sex offenders!!!!”
    Based on those tweets, f-ck it, he's a rapist, kill him slow. At least Kraft had the decency to drop $20 when he did it.

(I keeed. No way Kraft's dick still works.)

The fact that the Pats are gonna be hurt by this makes this day just that much better. Least he didn't murder anyone. Baby steps.

Also: Antonio Brown was admitted to and attended an accredited university in the United States.
    Last edited by Kepler; 09-11-2019 at 12:54 PM.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Also: Antonio Brown was admitted to and attended an accredited university in the United States.
    One of said school's specialties in the region is...journalism.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    One of said school's specialties in the region is...journalism.
    Here is a proud graduate of their law school.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

Seems like the Cleveland Browns are still the Cleveland Browns.

They perma-banned a fan for throwing beer on a Tennessee player during Sunday's game. But in true Brown's fashion, they managed to identify and ban a guy who hasn't been to a game for 9 years, and during the game in question was actually deejaying at a wedding.

I think my favorite comment in the banned fan's twitter account is the guy who suggested he "take one for the team" and accept the ban, thus giving the real perp an opportunity to strike again.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...jCi?li=BBnb7Kz
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    IIRC, you don't have to prove as much guilt.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Thread Information