Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2019-20: We'll Just Talk About Our Fantasy Teams Again....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    if he gets nothing...no suspension, no fine, thats wrong. plain and simple.
    Former players have been saying all day...helmets get ripped off...people aren't suspended for it...but not one has ever seen one swung and connecting with an opponent. Players just don't do that.
    The suspensions have been announced...clearly Rudolph isn't getting one. And even if he was...again it in no way at all ever justifies what Garrett did.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Re: NFL 2019-20: We'll Just Talk About Our Fantasy Teams Again....

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      Former players have been saying all day...helmets get ripped off...people aren't suspended for it...but not one has ever seen one swung and connecting with an opponent. Players just don't do that.
      The suspensions have been announced...clearly Rudolph isn't getting one. And even if he was...again it in no way at all ever justifies what Garrett did.
      Just saw it on the bottom line that Rudolph will be fined, I’m ok with that
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
        My point is, Rudolph isn't 100% innocent, but is far from as guilty as you are claiming.
        But all he claims is that Rudolph tries to rip Garrett's helmet off, after a clean post pass tackle. And seeing the head ref stand over it and call nothing up to that point, it's pretty clear that it was not a dirty, late hit. But to the point Shirtless makes, he's totally right- Rudolph does try to rip off Garrett's helmet- which totally deserves some kind of penalty. And not with some innocent tug to the helmet or facemask, he really pulls the helmet off the back of his head- almost getting it loose.

And that triggers something in Garrett that then just defined his entire career, if he plays anymore. And he deserves whatever he gets.

Comment

I don't see anywhere in the video provided by FTLT that Rudolph tried to rip his helmet off.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            I don't see anywhere in the video provided by FTLT that Rudolph tried to rip his helmet off.
            I've seen better views, but I think many of them were based on close ups of this one- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PMHlURlxus @ 1:48 you can clearly see Rudolph doing is best to rip his helmet off. Which then sets off something deep and very dark with Garrett.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
              I've seen better views, but I think many of them were based on close ups of this one- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PMHlURlxus @ 1:48 you can clearly see Rudolph doing is best to rip his helmet off. Which then sets off something deep and very dark with Garrett.
              He definitely grabbed the helmet.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                He definitely did...and "kicked" Garrett off him. I just wasn't going to be majority offended if he had nothing happen to him as a result.
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                  He definitely did...and "kicked" Garrett off him. I just wasn't going to be majority offended if he had nothing happen to him as a result.
                  Yeah I went back and saw the helmet grab later.

Comment

Kaepernick no-showed his workout in Atlanta where 25 teams showed up.

He worked out in front of 8 teams at an Atlanta area high school instead. Allegedly, he wanted to have his own film crew there, and the NFL told him no.
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

He worked out in front of 8 teams at an Atlanta area high school instead. Allegedly, he wanted to have his own film crew there, and the NFL told him no.
                      So much for wanted to ever play again
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

His own film crew is an interesting description for the media, which is what all accounts I have read said he wanted it open to.

Comment

I’m done defending him if that’s the case. You make all of this hoopla about being blackballed and when 25 teams show up at a private workout, you say “Nah, I’m good.”

Fine, **** this guy.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            I’m done defending him if that’s the case. You make all of this hoopla about being blackballed and when 25 teams show up at a private workout, you say “Nah, I’m good.”

Fine, **** this guy.
                            It's not like he moved it from Atl to LA. 8 teams had no problem getting there. It's almost like there were 8 teams actually interested and 17 that agreed to show up as a favor to the NFL for their publicity stunt.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Fine, **** this guy.
                              NFL wanted him to sign away his right to sue them again. It was a ploy by the league. Not an olive branch.
                              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                                NFL wanted him to sign away his right to sue them again. It was a ploy by the league. Not an olive branch.
                                Exactly. But a lot of people will see the headline and react the same way, so the NFL wins unless people get the word out.

This wasn't about race or athleticism, it was a business move by a predatory corporation.

However he (or much better his lawyer) ought to have said that.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X