Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: NFL 2019-20: We'll Just Talk About Our Fantasy Teams Again....

wubba lubba dub dub

Re: NFL 2019-20: We'll Just Talk About Our Fantasy Teams Again....

I vaguely remember an interview where a guy (d-lineman, I think) said that the number of cup checks that take place during a game would shock people.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    I vaguely remember an interview where a guy (d-lineman, I think) said that the number of cup checks that take place during a game would shock people.
    Even in high school. My buddy has all sorts of stories. He said at the pro level you basically get your junk not just grabbed, but squeezed until you scream at the bottom of those piles. Anything to get you to drop the ball.

Kings affiliate
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    **** that happens in a pile going for a fumble is not the same as what happens clearly between 2 players. Rudolph should be suspended...
    If he should have been...he would have been.
    Nothing justifies Garrett's actions.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Even in high school. My buddy has all sorts of stories. He said at the pro level you basically get your junk not just grabbed, but squeezed until you scream at the bottom of those piles. Anything to get you to drop the ball.
    Cold weather? A nice hard slap or twist to the hammy, too. A buddy was nose tackle for Totino Grace for a couple years.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Lucia Apologist

I just rewatched the video. The kick to the groin was him trying to get Garrett off of him. Garrett was already attacking him. Id have done the same thing.

Rudolph going after the helmet is the only thing worth looking at there.

there's a good buck in that racket.
    **** that happens in a pile going for a fumble is not the same as what happens clearly between 2 players. Rudolph should be suspended...
    If it happens in football, it happens. Never going to win an argument saying where it happens determines whether it is ok or not.

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Garrett is assault. McSorley was attempted murder.
    For Kepler black on white crime is always less than white on black

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    For Kepler black on white crime is always less than white on black
    This is a genuinely great joke. Very nice.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar

I really don't understand why most people here seem to think Rudolph doesn't deserve anything...

Garrett, Pouncey and Ogunjobi deserve the punishments they got...but in other sports we see stiff penalties for the instigator and if Rudolph isn't trying to rip of Garrett's helmet, none of this happens.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

I really don't understand why most people here seem to think Rudolph doesn't deserve anything...

Garrett, Pouncey and Ogunjobi deserve the punishments they got...but in other sports we see stiff penalties for the instigator and if Rudolph isn't trying to rip of Garrett's helmet, none of this happens.
    If Garrett didn't try to bury him well after the ball was gone....
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    If Garrett didn't try to bury him well after the ball was gone....
    there was no flag for roughing the passer...
    I'm not saying it wasn't late but it wasn't called when have you seen a QB react like that to a late hit/roughing?
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

there was no flag for roughing the passer...
    I'm not saying it wasn't late but it wasn't called when have you seen a QB react like that to a late hit/roughing?
    When did the Pats or Packers last play?

When did the Pats or Packers last play?
    asking for a call is very different then grabbing a defenders helmet and trying to rip it off...never seen Brady or Rodgers or any QB try that before...

asking for a call is very different then grabbing a defenders helmet and trying to rip it off...never seen Brady or Rodgers or any QB try that before...
    My point is, Rudolph isn't 100% innocent, but is far from as guilty as you are claiming.

My point is, Rudolph isn't 100% innocent, but is far from as guilty as you are claiming.
    if he gets nothing...no suspension, no fine, thats wrong. plain and simple.

Kings affiliate
    if he gets nothing...no suspension, no fine, thats wrong. plain and simple.
    Former players have been saying all day...helmets get ripped off...people aren't suspended for it...but not one has ever seen one swung and connecting with an opponent. Players just don't do that.
    The suspensions have been announced...clearly Rudolph isn't getting one. And even if he was...again it in no way at all ever justifies what Garrett did.

Quote Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Former players have been saying all day...helmets get ripped off...people aren't suspended for it...but not one has ever seen one swung and connecting with an opponent. Players just don't do that.
    The suspensions have been announced...clearly Rudolph isn't getting one. And even if he was...again it in no way at all ever justifies what Garrett did.
    Just saw it on the bottom line that Rudolph will be fined, Im ok with that

Just a boring user.

But all he claims is that Rudolph tries to rip Garrett's helmet off, after a clean post pass tackle. And seeing the head ref stand over it and call nothing up to that point, it's pretty clear that it was not a dirty, late hit. But to the point Shirtless makes, he's totally right- Rudolph does try to rip off Garrett's helmet- which totally deserves some kind of penalty. And not with some innocent tug to the helmet or facemask, he really pulls the helmet off the back of his head- almost getting it loose.

And that triggers something in Garrett that then just defined his entire career, if he plays anymore. And he deserves whatever he gets.

I don't see anywhere in the video provided by FTLT that Rudolph tried to rip his helmet off.

Just a boring user.

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    I don't see anywhere in the video provided by FTLT that Rudolph tried to rip his helmet off.
    I've seen better views, but I think many of them were based on close ups of this one- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PMHlURlxus @ 1:48 you can clearly see Rudolph doing is best to rip his helmet off. Which then sets off something deep and very dark with Garrett.

Thread Information