Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL 2019-20: We'll Just Talk About Our Fantasy Teams Again....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NFL 2019-20: We'll Just Talk About Our Fantasy Teams Again....

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Honestly something I'm afraid of.
    That ******* opened the door for how to be a jerk and get rewarded for it.
    Devil's advocate: he got traded. He didn't really sign with the Raiders, he was traded. If he were a FA, he might have gone with a different team. This does NOT excuse his behavior, but might explain it. Yes, it opens some doors long forgotten (John Elway, anyone?)
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      Devil's advocate: he got traded. He didn't really sign with the Raiders, he was traded. If he were a FA, he might have gone with a different team. This does NOT excuse his behavior, but might explain it. Yes, it opens some doors long forgotten (John Elway, anyone?)
      Yes he was traded. There was no way he was being traded to the Patriots so he manipulated the situation to get what he wanted.
      People above a certain talent level can do that and they will be rewarded for it time and again.
      Dolphin players may as well try and do the same.
      Last edited by First Time, Long Time; 09-09-2019, 07:57 AM.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
        If it was deliberate and a show then it certainly excuses it. If he played the N, god bless him.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          But he was essentially traded from the Steelers to the Pats with only the Raiders giving anything up. That’s not a fair transaction.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

The big difference for dolphins players is they’ve played a game sit heir 2019 salaries are guaranteed now unlike AB’s situation.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Why would anybody want to leave the Dolphins? Beautiful weather, lots of babes running around, and zero accountability anywhere. You have no need to get in line for the coach or GM since they'll both be gone by the end of the year anyway, and that applies to any season!

Regarding the Pats-Steelers, I don't understand Steeler fans. Can't tell you how many times fans/writers/yinzers were stating that they'd be a better team without Antonio Brown on the field. Yes I'm sure the guy is a PITA and maybe they had to let him go, but its a leap to say that they'll be better. Most Pats fans I know thought the team would (pre-Brown signing) adjust to Gronk's departure. Nobody that I'm aware of thought they'd be better now that he's no longer taking part in the offense.

Tomlin just coached himself into only a 5 year contract extension now! That'll show him.
              Last edited by Rover; 09-09-2019, 10:38 AM.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

In 2001, Tom Brady played against Devin Bush Sr. of the Cleveland Browns.

Last night he played against Devin Bush Jr.

Like father, like son...

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  In 2001, Tom Brady played against Devin Bush Sr. of the Cleveland Browns.

Last night he played against Devin Bush Jr.

Like father, like son...
                  Just wait until New England drafts Thaddeus Moss from LSU.

Comment

Both Grudens: **** it, we don't need generational talent! https://deadspin.com/jay-grudens-pla...-ma-1837983995

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Seems like a reasonable response.
                      reasonable

Comment

High drama at the Super Dome.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Bummer.
                          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                            But he was essentially traded from the Steelers to the Pats with only the Raiders giving anything up. That’s not a fair transaction.
                            It's not. AB pulled a b*tch move, and now he's rewarded for it, although making a little less money.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Then maybe the NFL should have contracts that actually mean something. Instead, I don’t have an ounce of sympathy for any of the involved parties.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Then maybe the NFL should have contracts that actually mean something. Instead, I don’t have an ounce of sympathy for any of the involved parties.
                                That's been a long beef. Good luck rectifying it. That being said, OAK had 30MM in guaranteed money if AB played. And AB said, "F that" and did his own thing, negating the guaranteed money. Guaranteed. Money.

Comment

Working...
                                X