Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Merrimack College new look Warriors 2019-2020

High Plains of West Parish The Roar from 124

Re: Merrimack College new look Warriors 2019-2020

Serious Question

Are light fixtures falling to the ice a common occurrence at Lawlor?

One bright spot for Merrimack last night is they did hold the lead for about 250 seconds last night. But yeah looks like it will be another long year for the Warrior faithful.
    Tully Rink Rat
    Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
    Youngstar
    UML Class of 09

I didn't think it could get worse than last year. Early returns suggest it will be, potentially much worse which is scary given they were already one of the worst teams in all of college hockey. At one point, they had given up 10 goals on 19 shots. Read that again.....10 GOALS ON 19 SHOTS. What an embarrassment.
    Last edited by RENCEB; 10-13-2019 at 05:52 PM.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

The Original Dope Detector theprofromdover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RENCEB View Post
    I didn't think it could get worse than last year. Early returns suggest it will be, potentially much worse which is scary given they were already one of the worst teams in all of college hockey. At one point, they had given up 10 goals on 19 shots. Read that again.....10 GOALS ON 19 SHOTS. What an embarrassment.
    Shoulda kept Dennehy.
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Good to see 5 goals against a top 10 team, but if we can't find a goalie to rely on, it'll be hard to find silver linings this year. Just have to hope that the giant Class of 2024 doesn't develop a cynical/loser culture if and when they have a rough year..

Quote Originally Posted by theprofromdover View Post
    Shoulda kept Dennehy.
    Have to keep in mind the first three years Dennehy was here were losing records too.. It won't be like the Red Sox going first-worst-first

THEY CAN NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
    Serious Question

Are light fixtures falling to the ice a common occurrence at Lawlor?

One bright spot for Merrimack last night is they did hold the lead for about 250 seconds last night. But yeah looks like it will be another long year for the Warrior faithful.
    A puck hit the light and broke it. I sit in a section near the visitors bench and it happened almost right in front of me. It was the light above the goal at that end but it was because a puck hit the goalie and then went up and hit the light.
    Today we skate with 'em.

Maybe we do have a goalie? 34 saves.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
    Maybe we do have a goalie? 34 saves.
    Watched some of the game (although broadcast from the Hart Center was awful). He looked solid. A couple of questions: Is Gresock hurt? I noticed he wasn't in the lineup, and has only been in 2 of their 4 games. What's up with Cassetti? This kid was a BC recruit, right? Is he any good? Finally, where are Patrick Holway, the transfer from Maine, and Filip Forsmark, the kid from Sweden? They are both on the roster, but are not playing? Anyone know why? Thanks.

Watched some of the game (although broadcast from the Hart Center was awful). He looked solid. A couple of questions: Is Gresock hurt? I noticed he wasn't in the lineup, and has only been in 2 of their 4 games. What's up with Cassetti? This kid was a BC recruit, right? Is he any good? Finally, where are Patrick Holway, the transfer from Maine, and Filip Forsmark, the kid from Sweden? They are both on the roster, but are not playing? Anyone know why? Thanks.
    1. Last I read per Mike McMahon, Gresock was out with an "undisclosed injury".
    2. Cassetti has gone from being a BC recruit, to Merrimack, to centering the third line, to centering the fourth line twice, to out of the line-up. I don't have to tell you that that's not an upward trajectory. For the kid's and team's sake I hope he's able to figure it out.
    3. IIRC, Holway started classes at Maine last Fall and then abruptly left. So, perhaps he has to sit out the first half of the season as a transfer? Otherwise, I suppose he could be injured.

Opening up league play tonight against UNH. Will it be like the old days when it was a de facto home game for the Wildcats? Looks like Huhtamaa will get the start in net. Still missing Gresock which is a big loss offensively.
    Hope they can get the Holoway and Forsberg issues straightened out and get them on the ice!

Opening up league play tonight against UNH. Will it be like the old days when it was a de facto home game for the Wildcats? Looks like Huhtamaa will get the start in net. Still missing Gresock which is a big loss offensively.
    Hope they can get the Holoway and Forsberg issues straightened out and get them on the ice!
    Whatís up with Holway? Iím pretty sure that I saw he played in a game earlier this year. As a Maine fan I wish him nothing but the best.

Am I just getting old or was the sound system/audio mix completely awful tonight? Sound and music quality had really been pretty good at the Lawler over the past several years but something was off. Couldnít understand a word the announcer said. Has this been the case all semester? Maybe someone blew out the speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    Whatís up with Holway? Iím pretty sure that I saw he played in a game earlier this year. As a Maine fan I wish him nothing but the best.
    Per Mike McMahon: "The Warriors are still waiting to hear on the fates of Patrick Holway and Filip Forsmark from the NCAA; Holway is out while his transfer waiver is pending and Forsmark has an undisclosed issue that has kept him off the ice while the NCAA examines his eligibility."

Nice to see them on the right side of a 3-2 game! Home and home vs NU this weekend. Interesting that they'll likely be facing Pantano, who's had the vast majority of minutes in net for the Huskies. I'd also be okay if they land a hit or 10 on Kesselring (all clean of course!)

Huge win by the menís hoops team tonight over Northwestern!

Quote Originally Posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
    A puck hit the light and broke it. I sit in a section near the visitors bench and it happened almost right in front of me. It was the light above the goal at that end but it was because a puck hit the goalie and then went up and hit the light.
    Now that's something I'd like to see...

THEY CAN NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!

Anyone have any idea if the Jeffries kid signed? Or did the pirate steal a recruit from us?
    Today we skate with 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
    Anyone have any idea if the Jeffries kid signed? Or did the pirate steal a recruit from us?
    From "The Mack Report", looks like Jeffries is remaining committed to MC. Good news.

Nice result tonight, 2-2 tie against #7 UMass. Very strong 2nd period as they really carried play. Dodged a bullet in OT when an apparent UMass goal was overturned (the player may have kicked in in with his skate as he slid across the crease). Kobryn was good, but gives up WAY too many rebounds. And honestly, I'd be surprised if 'Mack won even 20% of the faceoffs. Welsher rang one off the post/crossbar coming out of the box.

Oh, what could have been. To let slip away a potential 3 point weekend in a matter of minutes..

Quote Originally Posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
    Oh, what could have been. To let slip away a potential 3 point weekend in a matter of minutes..
    Could have also easily been a 0 point weekend. Watched on CBS all access tonight. Both Merrimack Announcers thought Trivignoís no-goal in OT should have counted Friday night.

Disappointing result on Saturday. Way too passive in the defensive zone. As John Leahy was saying, it looked like a UMass powerplay when they tied the game. Then on the game winner, Irvine didn't come to receive the puck up the boards, the UMass D-man cuts in front of him to keep it in. And #22 did absolutely nothing to tie up the UMass player in front of the net. That can't happen! Yes, I know they are young, and they are playing people tough, but it is these little breakdowns that are the difference between winning an losing.

Thread Information