Merrimack College new look Warriors 2019-2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Merrimack College new look Warriors 2019-2020

It's deja vu all over again! Could be worse, look what happened to Maine this weekend.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
      It's deja vu all over again! Could be worse, look what happened to Maine this weekend.
      LSSU is underrated, they can play.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

11 goals against.. it’s going to be another long year.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
          11 goals against.. it’s going to be another long year.
          Club team must have a goalie we can use right???
          Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by MCWarrior1011 View Post
            Club team must have a goalie we can use right???
            In all seriousness, MC has 3 frosh goalies, one of whom came directly from prep, didn't play juniors and was injured all last season. So that particular underwhelming debut didn't surprise me in the least, kind of like a "what were they thinking?". In addition, the goalie competition apparently caused one USHL calibre goalie to defer admission at the 11th hour (if Stoever is indeed still committed to MC, perhaps Borek can convince him to come in at the winter break). Good luck!

Comment

Serious Question

Are light fixtures falling to the ice a common occurrence at Lawlor?

One bright spot for Merrimack last night is they did hold the lead for about 250 seconds last night. But yeah looks like it will be another long year for the Warrior faithful.
              Tully Rink Rat
              Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
              Youngstar
              UML Class of 09

Comment

I didn't think it could get worse than last year. Early returns suggest it will be, potentially much worse which is scary given they were already one of the worst teams in all of college hockey. At one point, they had given up 10 goals on 19 shots. Read that again.....10 GOALS ON 19 SHOTS. What an embarrassment.
                Last edited by RENCEB; 10-13-2019, 04:52 PM.

Comment

I didn't think it could get worse than last year. Early returns suggest it will be, potentially much worse which is scary given they were already one of the worst teams in all of college hockey. At one point, they had given up 10 goals on 19 shots. Read that again.....10 GOALS ON 19 SHOTS. What an embarrassment.
                  Shoulda kept Dennehy.
                  Originally posted by mookie1995
                  bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                  Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                  Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Good to see 5 goals against a top 10 team, but if we can't find a goalie to rely on, it'll be hard to find silver linings this year. Just have to hope that the giant Class of 2024 doesn't develop a cynical/loser culture if and when they have a rough year..

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                    Shoulda kept Dennehy.
                    Have to keep in mind the first three years Dennehy was here were losing records too.. It won't be like the Red Sox going first-worst-first

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
                      Serious Question

Are light fixtures falling to the ice a common occurrence at Lawlor?

One bright spot for Merrimack last night is they did hold the lead for about 250 seconds last night. But yeah looks like it will be another long year for the Warrior faithful.
                      A puck hit the light and broke it. I sit in a section near the visitors bench and it happened almost right in front of me. It was the light above the goal at that end but it was because a puck hit the goalie and then went up and hit the light.
                      Today we skate with 'em.

Comment

Maybe we do have a goalie? 34 saves.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                          Maybe we do have a goalie? 34 saves.
                          Watched some of the game (although broadcast from the Hart Center was awful). He looked solid. A couple of questions: Is Gresock hurt? I noticed he wasn't in the lineup, and has only been in 2 of their 4 games. What's up with Cassetti? This kid was a BC recruit, right? Is he any good? Finally, where are Patrick Holway, the transfer from Maine, and Filip Forsmark, the kid from Sweden? They are both on the roster, but are not playing? Anyone know why? Thanks.

Comment

Watched some of the game (although broadcast from the Hart Center was awful). He looked solid. A couple of questions: Is Gresock hurt? I noticed he wasn't in the lineup, and has only been in 2 of their 4 games. What's up with Cassetti? This kid was a BC recruit, right? Is he any good? Finally, where are Patrick Holway, the transfer from Maine, and Filip Forsmark, the kid from Sweden? They are both on the roster, but are not playing? Anyone know why? Thanks.
                            1. Last I read per Mike McMahon, Gresock was out with an "undisclosed injury".
                            2. Cassetti has gone from being a BC recruit, to Merrimack, to centering the third line, to centering the fourth line twice, to out of the line-up. I don't have to tell you that that's not an upward trajectory. For the kid's and team's sake I hope he's able to figure it out.
                            3. IIRC, Holway started classes at Maine last Fall and then abruptly left. So, perhaps he has to sit out the first half of the season as a transfer? Otherwise, I suppose he could be injured.

Comment

Opening up league play tonight against UNH. Will it be like the old days when it was a de facto home game for the Wildcats? Looks like Huhtamaa will get the start in net. Still missing Gresock which is a big loss offensively.
                              Hope they can get the Holoway and Forsberg issues straightened out and get them on the ice!

Comment

Opening up league play tonight against UNH. Will it be like the old days when it was a de facto home game for the Wildcats? Looks like Huhtamaa will get the start in net. Still missing Gresock which is a big loss offensively.
                                Hope they can get the Holoway and Forsberg issues straightened out and get them on the ice!
                                What’s up with Holway? I’m pretty sure that I saw he played in a game earlier this year. As a Maine fan I wish him nothing but the best.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X