Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    I don't think the odds are high that an undefeated Clemson would get left out. But I think the scenario is pretty simple. LSU and Alabama play a tight game decided in the waning seconds. They each go on to win the rest of their games, with the winner taking the SEC Title. Ohio State and Oklahoma each go undefeated. Rankings = 1. LSU/Alabama winner, 2. Ohio State, 3. Oklahoma, 4. LSU/Alabama loser, 5. Clemson. All based on the garbage theory that the SEC's **** don't stink.

Of course, I do have a bit more optimism that the Playoff committee does not have **** for brains. Of course, Clemson needs to go undefeated to have a chance at making the playoff...and they still have 5 games left. We'll see what happens.
    No chance this happens.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      True, but I don't take offense to people assuming it. The Gophers haven't played anyone good thus far. Nebraska was predicted to be solid, but that prediction was wrong.
      Yeah, hard to get offended. We’ve won the games we should have. Do I think we will beat psu, Iowa or WI? Not likely.
      But hey, badger fans gotta take a **** on Minnesota fans to feel better after they shat their pants yesterday.

Comment

• Re: College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        Yeah, hard to get offended. We’ve won the games we should have. Do I think we will beat psu, Iowa or WI? Not likely.
        But hey, badger fans gotta take a **** on Minnesota fans to feel better after they shat their pants yesterday.
        I think the gophers will beat at least one of those teams. Iowa would be most likely, and WI is in Mpls, so those could easily go Minn's way. It's just such a sucky conference that it's hard to know. Wisconsin has been very solid for years, but when fans start thinking about playoffs, I roll my eyes a little. If they were kicking arse over on the other side of the conference, maybe. Still maybe.

It's good the gophers are strong this year. The Big West needs it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
          No chance this happens.
          Yes, there is. You think they take Clemson, champion of the weak ACC, who nearly lost to North Carolina!, has no wins over a top 25 team, in over LSU, who beat a top 15 Texas team, in Texas, beat a top 10, SEC runner up Florida team and a top 15 Auburn squad...and whose only loss was a last second nailbiter to Alabama? The SEC bias is too large.
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
            Yes, there is. You think they take Clemson, champion of the weak ACC, who nearly lost to North Carolina!, has no wins over a top 25 team, in over LSU, who beat a top 15 Texas team, in Texas, beat a top 10, SEC runner up Florida team and a top 15 Auburn squad...and whose only loss was a last second nailbiter to Alabama? The SEC bias is too large.
            Now you know how it feels to be a non-power 5 team
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
              And the AP poll again shows it is worthless.

Ohio State entered Week 8 ranked #4 (1404 points), and soundly beat Northwestern, one of the worst teams in the country. Clemson entered Week 8 ranked #3 (1427 points), and soundly beat Louisville, a middle of the pack team. Clemson drops 19 points while Ohio State gains 25 points and Ohio State jumps Clemson for the #3 spot.

Clemson could very well go undefeated and miss the Playoff.
              With the Pac 12 and ND with a loss I think Clemson will be in if they go undefeated. Defending champs still unbeaten, in the end that will be too tough to ignore even with a less than stellar resume. Not their fault ACC is mediocre this year.

Unbeatens in SEC, Big Ten and Big 12 all play each other so that will help Clemson.

Comment

It is not inconceivable that a 1-loss SEC team is a better choice than Clemson, and does anyone really want to see Alabama-Clemson again?

If the conspiracy theory does have legs how did Clemson get into the playoff the last 3 years?

Comment

Based on what I have seen and who has beaten who I think LSU has been most impressive.

Comment

That's a good point. Both Alabama and LSU could be better than Clemson. I just don't see a one loss non champ from the SEC making it over undefeated Clemson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      It is not inconceivable that a 1-loss SEC team is a better choice than Clemson, and does anyone really want to see Alabama-Clemson again?

If the conspiracy theory does have legs how did Clemson get into the playoff the last 3 years?
                      Ahem, last 4 years.

Dont get me wrong, I think Clemson is the best team in the country and would wipe the floor with whoever they play. Im just concerned that the SEC bias is too strong.
                      North Dakota

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        That's a good point. Both Alabama and LSU could be better than Clemson. I just don't see a one loss non champ from the SEC making it over undefeated Clemson.
                        I think ths odds are good that Clemson would get in, but the narrative is being laid right now for the nightmare scenario to play out.
                        North Dakota

Comment

I think that goes away if Clemson continues to maul teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            I think that goes away if Clemson continues to maul teams.
                            They have the last two weeks, and they've dropped two spots. This week, it was all about the "shaky" start. Meanwhile Alabama looked mediocre at home against a poor Tennessee team and nobody cares.
                            North Dakota

Comment

But as we get deeper into the season these other teams have to play each other, like Bama-LSU, OSU-PSU. I think it will sort out just fine for Clemson as long as they take care of business.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                                They have the last two weeks, and they've dropped two spots. This week, it was all about the "shaky" start. Meanwhile Alabama looked mediocre at home against a poor Tennessee team and nobody cares.
                                There are no poor SEC teams, only temporarily embarrassed national champions.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X