Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

Holy ****. The Sooner Schooner crashed HARD today. That could have been bad.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

That was actually a "great" performance by Michigan compared the usual big game meltdowns. But ya, Harbaugh simply showing no ability to win big games.

What's the game of the week next week now?

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Holy ****. The Sooner Schooner crashed HARD today. That could have been bad.
        why so fast?

don't need to be first, just need to be soon!!
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          That was actually a "great" performance by Michigan compared the usual big game meltdowns. But ya, Harbaugh simply showing no ability to win big games.

What's the game of the week next week now?
          What are the coaches telling the team where they underperform like that? Happens way to often for it to be a single game thing- they just don't execute all the time leading them to that position.

Comment

It’s crazy to think Minnesota’s season was almost over before most even started. They were what, 90 seconds, from losing to South Dakota State?
            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              It’s crazy to think Minnesota’s season was almost over before most even started. They were what, 90 seconds, from losing to South Dakota State?
              Their big ten aspirations will be over when they start playing the better teams, even though they don't have to play Mich or OSU.

Comment

At Kinnick isn’t great, but they get PSU and Wisconsin at home. Wisconsin and Iowa still have to play, too. They may not get there at 12-0, but I’d say it’s still reasonable for them to get to Indy.
                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

And the AP poll again shows it is worthless.

Ohio State entered Week 8 ranked #4 (1404 points), and soundly beat Northwestern, one of the worst teams in the country. Clemson entered Week 8 ranked #3 (1427 points), and soundly beat Louisville, a middle of the pack team. Clemson drops 19 points while Ohio State gains 25 points and Ohio State jumps Clemson for the #3 spot.

Clemson could very well go undefeated and miss the Playoff.
                  North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

Ohio State entered Week 8 ranked #4 (1404 points), and soundly beat Northwestern, one of the worst teams in the country. Clemson entered Week 8 ranked #3 (1427 points), and soundly beat Louisville, a middle of the pack team. Clemson drops 19 points while Ohio State gains 25 points and Ohio State jumps Clemson for the #3 spot.

I wanted to mention too... yesterday, some writers said Clemson looked "shaky" in their blowout of Louisville. And you know if Alabama/SEC looked the same way, they wouldn't say "shaky."
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                      Their big ten aspirations will be over when they start playing the better teams, even though they don't have to play Mich or OSU.
                      You don't know that.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

I don't think you have to worry until 11/5 when the actual polls start coming out. I doubt we'll ever see them pass over an undefeated Power 5 conference champ in the final ranking. Drop them to 4th while slamming the conference? Sure. Discuss the idea of passing them over on TV for a month leading up to the final ranking? Absolutely.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                          I wanted to mention too... yesterday, some writers said Clemson looked "shaky" in their blowout of Louisville. And you know if Alabama/SEC looked the same way, they wouldn't say "shaky."
                          Nope. Just the great strength of the SEC showing itself once again. Tennessee was within a score of Alabama (at Alabama) in the second half last night. The great Vols might be 2-5, including losses to Georgia Southern and BYU, but they squashed UT Chattanooga and beat Mississippi State! Thus, they are obviously very good, and if not having to have played in the SEC, they would be 10-0.

Clemson had a receiver blow a route that resulted in an INT early, and Lawrence made a bad throw that led to another INT. As a result, Clemson was only up 3-0 after the first quarter against Louisville, and are clearly an inferior team to the great SEC. Let's ignore the rest of the game where the Tigers blew out a half decent Louisville (at Louisville).

The writers are penalizing Clemson for not blowing out teams by bigger margins. Clemson has fallen two spots in the AP poll the last two weeks despite destroying the Criminoles and the Cardinals by a combined 90-24.
                          North Dakota

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            You don't know that.
                            This your first season as a Gopher fan?
                            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              You don't know that.
                              True, but I don't take offense to people assuming it. The Gophers haven't played anyone good thus far. Nebraska was predicted to be solid, but that prediction was wrong.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                                I don't think you have to worry until 11/5 when the actual polls start coming out. I doubt we'll ever see them pass over an undefeated Power 5 conference champ in the final ranking. Drop them to 4th while slamming the conference? Sure. Discuss the idea of passing them over on TV for a month leading up to the final ranking? Absolutely.
                                I don't think the odds are high that an undefeated Clemson would get left out. But I think the scenario is pretty simple. LSU and Alabama play a tight game decided in the waning seconds. They each go on to win the rest of their games, with the winner taking the SEC Title. Ohio State and Oklahoma each go undefeated. Rankings = 1. LSU/Alabama winner, 2. Ohio State, 3. Oklahoma, 4. LSU/Alabama loser, 5. Clemson. All based on the garbage theory that the SEC's **** don't stink.

Of course, I do have a bit more optimism that the Playoff committee does not have **** for brains. Of course, Clemson needs to go undefeated to have a chance at making the playoff...and they still have 5 games left. We'll see what happens.
                                North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                                X