Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

Re: College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    It’s crazy to think Minnesota’s season was almost over before most even started. They were what, 90 seconds, from losing to South Dakota State?
    Their big ten aspirations will be over when they start playing the better teams, even though they don't have to play Mich or OSU.

Generic Catchy Message

At Kinnick isn’t great, but they get PSU and Wisconsin at home. Wisconsin and Iowa still have to play, too. They may not get there at 12-0, but I’d say it’s still reasonable for them to get to Indy.

And the AP poll again shows it is worthless.

Ohio State entered Week 8 ranked #4 (1404 points), and soundly beat Northwestern, one of the worst teams in the country. Clemson entered Week 8 ranked #3 (1427 points), and soundly beat Louisville, a middle of the pack team. Clemson drops 19 points while Ohio State gains 25 points and Ohio State jumps Clemson for the #3 spot.

Clemson could very well go undefeated and miss the Playoff.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

Ohio State entered Week 8 ranked #4 (1404 points), and soundly beat Northwestern, one of the worst teams in the country. Clemson entered Week 8 ranked #3 (1427 points), and soundly beat Louisville, a middle of the pack team. Clemson drops 19 points while Ohio State gains 25 points and Ohio State jumps Clemson for the #3 spot.

I wanted to mention too... yesterday, some writers said Clemson looked "shaky" in their blowout of Louisville. And you know if Alabama/SEC looked the same way, they wouldn't say "shaky."
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    Their big ten aspirations will be over when they start playing the better teams, even though they don't have to play Mich or OSU.
    You don't know that.

Yep, still here

I don't think you have to worry until 11/5 when the actual polls start coming out. I doubt we'll ever see them pass over an undefeated Power 5 conference champ in the final ranking. Drop them to 4th while slamming the conference? Sure. Discuss the idea of passing them over on TV for a month leading up to the final ranking? Absolutely.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    I wanted to mention too... yesterday, some writers said Clemson looked "shaky" in their blowout of Louisville. And you know if Alabama/SEC looked the same way, they wouldn't say "shaky."
    Nope. Just the great strength of the SEC showing itself once again. Tennessee was within a score of Alabama (at Alabama) in the second half last night. The great Vols might be 2-5, including losses to Georgia Southern and BYU, but they squashed UT Chattanooga and beat Mississippi State! Thus, they are obviously very good, and if not having to have played in the SEC, they would be 10-0.

Clemson had a receiver blow a route that resulted in an INT early, and Lawrence made a bad throw that led to another INT. As a result, Clemson was only up 3-0 after the first quarter against Louisville, and are clearly an inferior team to the great SEC. Let's ignore the rest of the game where the Tigers blew out a half decent Louisville (at Louisville).

The writers are penalizing Clemson for not blowing out teams by bigger margins. Clemson has fallen two spots in the AP poll the last two weeks despite destroying the Criminoles and the Cardinals by a combined 90-24.
    North Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    You don't know that.
    This your first season as a Gopher fan?

He fixes the cable?
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    You don't know that.
    True, but I don't take offense to people assuming it. The Gophers haven't played anyone good thus far. Nebraska was predicted to be solid, but that prediction was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    I don't think you have to worry until 11/5 when the actual polls start coming out. I doubt we'll ever see them pass over an undefeated Power 5 conference champ in the final ranking. Drop them to 4th while slamming the conference? Sure. Discuss the idea of passing them over on TV for a month leading up to the final ranking? Absolutely.
    I don't think the odds are high that an undefeated Clemson would get left out. But I think the scenario is pretty simple. LSU and Alabama play a tight game decided in the waning seconds. They each go on to win the rest of their games, with the winner taking the SEC Title. Ohio State and Oklahoma each go undefeated. Rankings = 1. LSU/Alabama winner, 2. Ohio State, 3. Oklahoma, 4. LSU/Alabama loser, 5. Clemson. All based on the garbage theory that the SEC's **** don't stink.

Of course, I do have a bit more optimism that the Playoff committee does not have **** for brains. Of course, Clemson needs to go undefeated to have a chance at making the playoff...and they still have 5 games left. We'll see what happens.
    North Dakota

I don't think the odds are high that an undefeated Clemson would get left out. But I think the scenario is pretty simple. LSU and Alabama play a tight game decided in the waning seconds. They each go on to win the rest of their games, with the winner taking the SEC Title. Ohio State and Oklahoma each go undefeated. Rankings = 1. LSU/Alabama winner, 2. Ohio State, 3. Oklahoma, 4. LSU/Alabama loser, 5. Clemson. All based on the garbage theory that the SEC's **** don't stink.

Of course, I do have a bit more optimism that the Playoff committee does not have **** for brains. Of course, Clemson needs to go undefeated to have a chance at making the playoff...and they still have 5 games left. We'll see what happens.
    No chance this happens.

Quote Originally Posted by state of hockey View Post
    True, but I don't take offense to people assuming it. The Gophers haven't played anyone good thus far. Nebraska was predicted to be solid, but that prediction was wrong.
    Yeah, hard to get offended. We’ve won the games we should have. Do I think we will beat psu, Iowa or WI? Not likely.
    But hey, badger fans gotta take a **** on Minnesota fans to feel better after they shat their pants yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Yeah, hard to get offended. We’ve won the games we should have. Do I think we will beat psu, Iowa or WI? Not likely.
    But hey, badger fans gotta take a **** on Minnesota fans to feel better after they shat their pants yesterday.
    I think the gophers will beat at least one of those teams. Iowa would be most likely, and WI is in Mpls, so those could easily go Minn's way. It's just such a sucky conference that it's hard to know. Wisconsin has been very solid for years, but when fans start thinking about playoffs, I roll my eyes a little. If they were kicking arse over on the other side of the conference, maybe. Still maybe.

It's good the gophers are strong this year. The Big West needs it.

Quote Originally Posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    No chance this happens.
    Yes, there is. You think they take Clemson, champion of the weak ACC, who nearly lost to North Carolina!, has no wins over a top 25 team, in over LSU, who beat a top 15 Texas team, in Texas, beat a top 10, SEC runner up Florida team and a top 15 Auburn squad...and whose only loss was a last second nailbiter to Alabama? The SEC bias is too large.

Waiting for the Snow to fly...
    South Chicago Burbs... For now anyways...

Yes, there is. You think they take Clemson, champion of the weak ACC, who nearly lost to North Carolina!, has no wins over a top 25 team, in over LSU, who beat a top 15 Texas team, in Texas, beat a top 10, SEC runner up Florida team and a top 15 Auburn squad...and whose only loss was a last second nailbiter to Alabama? The SEC bias is too large.
    Now you know how it feels to be a non-power 5 team
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

With the Pac 12 and ND with a loss I think Clemson will be in if they go undefeated. Defending champs still unbeaten, in the end that will be too tough to ignore even with a less than stellar resume. Not their fault ACC is mediocre this year.

Unbeatens in SEC, Big Ten and Big 12 all play each other so that will help Clemson.

It is not inconceivable that a 1-loss SEC team is a better choice than Clemson, and does anyone really want to see Alabama-Clemson again?

If the conspiracy theory does have legs how did Clemson get into the playoff the last 3 years?

Based on what I have seen and who has beaten who I think LSU has been most impressive.

That's a good point. Both Alabama and LSU could be better than Clemson. I just don't see a one loss non champ from the SEC making it over undefeated Clemson.

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    It is not inconceivable that a 1-loss SEC team is a better choice than Clemson, and does anyone really want to see Alabama-Clemson again?

If the conspiracy theory does have legs how did Clemson get into the playoff the last 3 years?
    Ahem, last 4 years.

Dont get me wrong, I think Clemson is the best team in the country and would wipe the floor with whoever they play. Im just concerned that the SEC bias is too strong.

Thread Information