Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Agreed, this could finally be the BADgers year.

But with tOSU in the way, probably not.
    Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    Gophers ranked 20th. It's all downhill from here.
    The problem for both UW and UMinn is that B1G West is a terrible football conference, especially since Nebraska has turned out to be so weak. Minnie has played nobody, and the Badgers have not played PSU or OSU (or Iowa). They clobbered MSU, but they are down, and Mich is inconsistent.

Both will get their chances to earn the optimism their fans are experiencing. The Badgers are lucky in that they can lose to OSU and still get a second chance at a playoff berth if they stay close to OSU in the first game and both teams win the rest of their games going into the conference championship.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
      The problem for both UW and UMinn is that B1G West is a terrible football conference, especially since Nebraska has turned out to be so weak. Minnie has played nobody, and the Badgers have not played PSU or OSU (or Iowa). They clobbered MSU, but they are down, and Mich is inconsistent.

Both will get their chances to earn the optimism their fans are experiencing. The Badgers are lucky in that they can lose to OSU and still get a second chance at a playoff berth if they stay close to OSU in the first game and both teams win the rest of their games going into the conference championship.
      The Badgers have the last 10 years or so to earn the benefit of the doubt — MN will have to earn it in November.
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        The problem for both UW and UMinn is that B1G West is a terrible football conference, especially since Nebraska has turned out to be so weak.
        When they did the original distribution The Plan was for Nebraska to roll through that division every year and play the winner of UM/OSU/Pedo State in the playoff as a guaranteed top 5. Wha- happen?
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
          The Badgers have the last 10 years or so to earn the benefit of the doubt — MN will have to earn it in November.
          They have been very good for quite a while but never good enough to get into the playoff, which is what fans are hoping for this year.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Agreed, this could finally be the BADgers year.

But with tOSU in the way, probably not.
            Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            When they did the original distribution The Plan was for Nebraska to roll through that division every year and play the winner of UM/OSU/Pedo State in the playoff as a guaranteed top 5. Wha- happen?
            I don't know, but it's too bad that conference is so unequally divided.

Comment

Wha- happen?
              Mike Riley.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Id imagine if MN does start 8-0, they will end up 9-3.
                PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                  Mike Riley.
                  It goes beyond that. Started with the firing of Solich despite a .750 winning percentage.

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                    They’re getting to 8-0.

Question is, what happens in those last 4?
                    The real question is, if Minnesota is 8-0 going into that Penn State game in the Cities on November 9, do they finally get College Game Day?
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                      I don't know, but it's too bad that conference is so unequally divided.
                      It's Notre Dame's fault. The ideal B1G has UM/OSU in one division and Pedo State/Notre Dame in the other, with the winners playing in the championship. MSU, Wisco, Minny, and Illinois would provide some occasional color.

Nebraska/Oklahoma being broken up is a crime against humanity. They belong in one division of the B2G with Texas/A&M in the other.

That was natural.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Lot of reverse karma a-holes in here.

Comment

It's Notre Dame's fault. The ideal B1G has UM/OSU in one division and Pedo State/Notre Dame in the other, with the winners playing in the championship. MSU, Wisco, Minny, and Illinois would provide some occasional color.

Nebraska/Oklahoma being broken up is a crime against humanity. They belong in one division of the B2G with Texas/A&M in the other.

That was natural.
                          Yeah, with Osborne/Switzer and Hayes/Schembechler duking it out in conference play every year, the world was in balance.

Comment

4 years ago... THIS happened, resulting in a whole bunch of sad Michigan fans.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                              4 years ago... THIS happened, resulting in a whole bunch of sad Michigan fans.
                              My God that was delicious.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Note to UCLA player Boss Tagaloa: thank your gutter trash extended family for bring whistles in last night and blowing them during play. I hope you make a lot in the NFL, because that appears to be a large group of people who will be mooching off you since there appeared to be approximately eight brain cells between the thirty of them.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X