Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

Re: College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

Gophs need a stop to keep this game under control.

He fixes the cable?

Rashod Bateman is good.

Yep, still here

"I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Just a boring user.

Quote Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    The people directly involved yes...not the fans nor the school as a whole. Fans clamoring for wins to be restored because of hero worship is not enabling rape. Again...i don't know one PSU person who denies what Sandusky did. That would be enabling rape.
    But if every fan...student...supporter...teacher...whoever will forever be guilty to you regardless of when they even began their association with the school...then yeah we'll agree to disagree.
    Yes, it does. You are very wrong in that thinking. The FANS are the entire reason it was allowed to happen in the first place, as winning for the fans is that important. And since the fans want to ignore what Paterno DIDN'T do, it's more evidence that they accept that Penn State, Jo Pa, and the rest of the system were ok with winning football games over putting a child rapist in prison. Acceptance of that is, indeed, accepting child rape.

Take off the wins, accept that JoPa was way more flawed than anyone accepts, and people may change their minds. The fact that the hockey team took off the stupid wins number quickly was a partial win in my book.

Generic Catchy Message

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Sometimes their logic makes sense. It didn't after the first rankings were released, and this game is making it abundantly clear that whatever logic they used (if any) was very, very wrong.
    Minnesota's best win entering today was an FCS school and they barely escaped that one. They've clearly gotten better during conference play, but it's not like their ranking isn't reasonable.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Just a boring user.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Minnesota's best win entering today was an FCS school and they barely escaped that one. They've clearly gotten better during conference play, but it's not like their ranking isn't reasonable.
    So here's the funny thing, though- there's considerable talk about conferences getting two teams in. And since OSU is one and PSU is 4- two of those are in the B1G.

I bet there's a 100% chance of that talk ending if Minnesota finishes this game, at least for the B1G. If they win out, MN will be in, for sure- the question will be if OSU loses close in the B1G championship, do they still get in?

Still bugs me that people assume that if the game tonight is close, both teams will get in, even though one of the two teams won't win their division. Winning divisions and conferences should mean something in this process.

Yeah, I was talking about Penn State.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Kings affiliate
    Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    Yes, it does. You are very wrong in that thinking. The FANS are the entire reason it was allowed to happen in the first place, as winning for the fans is that important. And since the fans want to ignore what Paterno DIDN'T do, it's more evidence that they accept that Penn State, Jo Pa, and the rest of the system were ok with winning football games over putting a child rapist in prison. Acceptance of that is, indeed, accepting child rape.

Take off the wins, accept that JoPa was way more flawed than anyone accepts, and people may change their minds. The fact that the hockey team took off the stupid wins number quickly was a partial win in my book.
    Like you said...we aren't going to agree.

So here's the funny thing, though- there's considerable talk about conferences getting two teams in. And since OSU is one and PSU is 4- two of those are in the B1G.

I bet there's a 100% chance of that talk ending if Minnesota finishes this game, at least for the B1G. If they win out, MN will be in, for sure- the question will be if OSU loses close in the B1G championship, do they still get in?

Still bugs me that people assume that if the game tonight is close, both teams will get in, even though one of the two teams won't win their division. Winning divisions and conferences should mean something in this process.
    You must be forgetting that LSU and Alabama both play in the SEC...the greatest football conference in the world, including the NFL. I mean, just ask anyone down south how dominant they are!
    North Dakota

Generic Catchy Message

If Minnesota wins out, they'll have a good resume. It's just that their schedule is incredibly backloaded so for right now they don't have anything besides a 0 in the loss column. In that case, I think OSU still has an argument for getting in with their sole loss being to Minny.

1966, 1986, 2007

If Minnesota wins out, they'll have a good resume. It's just that their schedule is incredibly backloaded so for right now they don't have anything besides a 0 in the loss column. In that case, I think OSU still has an argument for getting in with their sole loss being to Minny.
    Yeah, I mean just look at OSU's non-conference schedule! Florida Atlantic, Cincinnati, and Miami of Ohio...all at the horseshoe. Brutal.
    North Dakota

Generic Catchy Message

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Yeah, I mean just look at OSU's non-conference schedule! Florida Atlantic, Cincinnati, and Miami of Ohio...all at the horseshoe. Brutal.
    Yeah, we know, poor Clemson.

All those teams are first in their divisions, and OSU beat them by 24, 42, and 71, respectively. OSU also has Wisconsin, PSU, Michigan, and most likely Minnesota.

1966, 1986, 2007

Yeah, we know, poor Clemson.

All those teams are first in their divisions, and OSU beat them by 24, 42, and 71, respectively.
    Again, Florida Atlantic, Cincinnati, and Miami of Ohio...all at home. Ohio State loses and they shouldn't sniff the Playoff.
    North Dakota

Yep, still here

James Franklin is a bad gameday football coach
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

He fixes the cable?

I did not see that coming, but hot **** I'm pretty pumped by it.

Huge win there. Ski u mah!

Quote Originally Posted by state of hockey View Post
    I did not see that coming, but hot **** I'm pretty pumped by it.
    It has been a long time coming for you guys...enjoy it. Here's to Minnesota rolling through the rest of the B1G and making the Playoff.
    North Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    I find it disrespectful.
    It's a scarf. It's not like they vandalized it with paint or damaged it or anything.
    Last edited by unofan; 11-09-2019 at 03:33 PM.

He fixes the cable?

Oh, it is definitely disrespectful. That's the point. If you're expecting sports fans to be completely respectful of all things, you're going to have a hard time.

They didn't vandalize or deface the thing. If someone had, yeah that is going too far.

Kings affiliate
    Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    It's a scarf. It's not like they vandalized it with paint or damaged it or anything.
    I don't care.
    Last edited by First Time, Long Time; 11-09-2019 at 04:02 PM.

Thread Information