Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    I agree that is the way it SHOULD go.....
    No, that’s the way it WILL go.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      That would be pretty friggin' cool. /nosnark
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        The only way an undefeated Minnesota doesn't make it in, would be a scenario like this...

Alabama wins out, crushing the competition, finishing 11-1.
        Georgia and LSU win out and meet in the SEC title game. In a game for the ages, Georgia narrowly nips LSU to capture the SEC Title.
        Clemson wins out, finishing an unbeaten 13-0 and ACC Champions.
        Minnesota wins out, but gets "hand of God" treatment from the officials. They knock off Iowa 24-23, after two blown PI calls and then the officials mistakenly calling the game winning field goal good, although video evidence shows the ball actually sailed wide left. The Gophers then eek out a win over Northwestern, thanks in part to Minnesota paying off the Wildcats to take a safety in the waning seconds of a tie game to give Minnesota the two point win. The Gophers then steal a win over Wisconsin after consecutive "Colorado-Missouri 5th Down" mistakes permit Minnesota extra downs to score the game winning touchdown. Finally, the B1G Championship, coming after each of the Ohio State starters were injured for the rest of the season in the Michigan-Ohio State game, sees Minnesota edging the depleted Buckeyes by a field goal.

Then yeah, I suppose it is possible that an unbeaten Minnesota team would not make the Playoff.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Congrats on the win today, gopher fans. What an impressive win.

I will officially eat my crow on PJ Fleck.
          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
            Congrats on the win today, gopher fans. What an impressive win.

I will officially eat my crow on PJ Fleck.
            The kicker is that final PSU TD that should never have counted. Even the announcers called the refs out.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
              If MN runs the table they are in. No way they are kept out.
              1,000%. A 13-0 B1G champion is ALWAYS getting in.
              AF 99

Comment

Iowa has gotten very good at winning the ones they should and failing to make a play when it matters against good teams. Woof.
                AF 99

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  Nearly 30 years later and the rest of Hockey East still refers to us as cheaters. Our "crimes" pale in comparison to what happened in Happy Valley. Fck the Lions. They're Pedo State for perpetuity.
                  You still cheated, Pedo State committing far worse violations doesn't excuse that.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                    The sexual assault bears (not to be confused with the pedo bears) would as long as they run the table.
                    Yes that's true I guess I was just projecting that I don't think Baylor is winning out.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      You still cheated, Pedo State committing far worse violations doesn't excuse that.
                      Truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                        Plenty of people with Alabama's schedule. They have zero wins vs. ranked opponents right now. They'll probably pick up #20ish Auburn if they're 8-4 with L's to UGA and ALA. They don't play the other ranked SEC teams from the east. They need into the conference championship game.
                        Give me a team. If you had to project right now who do you see at #4 down the line?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Give me a team. If you had to project right now who do you see at #4 down the line?
                          I suppose an argument could be made for a 1-loss Ohio State team if the Gophers do wind up running the table. Or, if Georgia beats LSU in a barnburner in the SEC title game, then perhaps a 1-loss LSU gets in over Bama...although I took your post to essentially mean a 1-loss non-SEC champion getting in, so that scenario would just be swapping LSU for Bama.
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            And yet we're supposed to forgive Pedo State and let the past die? **** that. And **** the hockey team too. Not only for tearing apart college hockey, but for those ****ing stickers the school made the players wear on their helmets. If they want to celebrate "409 Forever" then they'll also be "Pedo State" forever.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              And yet we're supposed to forgive Pedo State and let the past die? **** that. And **** the hockey team too. Not only for tearing apart college hockey, but for those ****ing stickers the school made the players wear on their helmets. If they want to celebrate "409 Forever" then they'll also be "Pedo State" forever.
                              Um........he's saying that you committing sins is still punishable. Pedo St, while committing WORSE sins, does not excuse you. That's it. Nothing more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                                I suppose an argument could be made for a 1-loss Ohio State team if the Gophers do wind up running the table. Or, if Georgia beats LSU in a barnburner in the SEC title game, then perhaps a 1-loss LSU gets in over Bama...although I took your post to essentially mean a 1-loss non-SEC champion getting in, so that scenario would just be swapping LSU for Bama.

That's also possible. It certainly could be a one loss conference champion I'm just curious who people think it will be. I think Oklahoma beats Baylor next week but their defense is faltering again. Maybe Oregon is the best choice if they win out.

Comment

Working...
                                X