Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

Never Forget!

Re: College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

The Alabama-LSU game will have a very special guest. He was booed at the World Series and a UFC event but I bet he gets cheered in Tuscaloosa.

Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    The Alabama-LSU game will have a very special guest. He was booed at the World Series and a UFC event but I bet he gets cheered in Tuscaloosa.
    It does seem like his audience

Lucia Apologist

Coward

Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    If all else fails they will pipe in applause and drown the crowd out. But I don't think they'll need to. That's ground zero.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Yep, still here

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    If all else fails they will pipe in applause and drown the crowd out. But I don't think they'll need to. That's ground zero.
    He got 63% in 2016. If he can't get cheers at an Alabama football game, he can't get it outside of his MAGA bubble. No way we'd be that lucky. Good thing he hates ESPN or he'd take over GameDay.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

I dunno, his presence is going to make getting in any easier. That might **** some folks off.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    But as I pointed out, the SEC non conference wins suck, too. The best ever Alabama plays Western Carolina next week. And they have played powerhouse Mercer in game one. Other than SEC schools, their schedule is a joke- I'd be ****ed as a fan seeing the crappy games. LSU's best game is Texas, who is turning out to not be all that good.

Granted, Pedo State played my terrible Vandals in game one.

Still- to make any decent conclusions relative to other conferences, shouldn't they play a better non conference schedule?

What makes me sick now is the discussion that both LSU and Bama should get into the playoffs despite the fact (and it is a fact) that one of those two teams isn't even going to win their division. So much for the regular season mattering. Right NOW, the B1G has 3 undefeated teams. And, IMHO, Minnesota has had as tough a real schedule to the SEC, when you compare their entire non-conference schedule. Nobody is even thinking about Pedo AND OSU making it in, and I'm 100% sure that if an undefeated Minny closely beats an undefeated OSU in the B1G champ game, both teams will not be going. Let alone a 1 lost Pedo state be considered.

Then again, the reality is that outside of the SEC, not many care about them, so ESPN will suffer for eyes to watch. I've not watched the championship game....
    There are literally no programs other than terrible programs who are willing to play Bama non-conference. Saban has said repeatedly he’d love to schedule the USC’s, the Notre Dame’s, the Penn State’s. None of those teams want to destroy their season with a 44-10 loss in game 2 of the season.

Just a boring user.

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Both Glen Mason and Tubby Smith could have left multiple times yet never did. I am not saying it's not going to happen and am not claiming Minnesota is a bigger destination than say Alabama, but it's not Appalachian State either. So you can blow your blessings out of your Ann Arbor is a whore ass!
    Yea, they were just good enough to not fire. My Vandals are suffering the same fate- the same fool who has a terrible record does not seem that he will ever be fired...

We will see.

Just a boring user.

Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    There are literally no programs other than terrible programs who are willing to play Bama non-conference. Saban has said repeatedly he’d love to schedule the USC’s, the Notre Dame’s, the Penn State’s. None of those teams want to destroy their season with a 44-10 loss in game 2 of the season.
    Work a little harder. Maybe GO to Notre Dame, Happy Valley, or LA for a game. Michigan got destroyed by them in Dallas- big deal. I do NOT feel sorry that he's saying what he is saying, but I am going to bash the all year long if they insist to play such crappy teams.

Generic Catchy Message

Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    Back before MSU forgot how to play offense, which coincidentally started in the playoff against Alabama, Saban backed out of a home and home with MSU because of "uncertainty over the SEC schedule." Because then he'd have to play ten P5 teams.

Why would he be worried about ten P5 games? He certainly has the team equipped for it. Risk mitigation I'd assume, since he knows his conference schedule will carry him. But it's not like other programs are ducking them. They just don't want to play a neutral game in Atlanta every year to do it. They want home and homes.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    It does seem like his audience
    After the WS tD was going to search for a slam duck ovationathon. Certainly they figured the msg fight night was it. But enough bad shots came out that they need a sure sure thing.
    Onward and upward

Work a little harder. Maybe GO to Notre Dame, Happy Valley, or LA for a game. Michigan got destroyed by them in Dallas- big deal. I do NOT feel sorry that he's saying what he is saying, but I am going to bash the all year long if they insist to play such crappy teams.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Make home-and-home deals. Give a little, get a little.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Rumor mill says UM working on a big Fleck extension.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    big Fleck extension.
    Great band name.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Yep, still here

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Back before MSU forgot how to play offense, which coincidentally started in the playoff against Alabama, Saban backed out of a home and home with MSU because of "uncertainty over the SEC schedule." Because then he'd have to play ten P5 teams.

Why would he be worried about ten P5 games? He certainly has the team equipped for it. Risk mitigation I'd assume, since he knows his conference schedule will carry him. But it's not like other programs are ducking them. They just don't want to play a neutral game in Atlanta every year to do it. They want home and homes.
    He might be already planning retirement, since Alabama's 2022 non conference schedules onward include home and homes with Texas, Florida State, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, and Virginia Tech. He'd be 70 in 2021 so...
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Yea, they were just good enough to not fire. My Vandals are suffering the same fate- the same fool who has a terrible record does not seem that he will ever be fired...

We will see.

Hopefully...

Just a boring user.

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post

Hopefully...
    Just remember, buyouts can be a *****. Just ask West Virginia. Although, we'd be better off if they won that battle....

Just remember, buyouts can be a *****. Just ask West Virginia. Although, we'd be better off if they won that battle....

That's not a paltry buyout.

Kings affiliate

Guess they were worried about FSU...

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Guess they were worried about FSU...
    Local reporters saying this has been in the works for a few months now.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

Thread Information