Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

Re: College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

Yes, I realize 4 undefeated teams from P5 knocks Bama out. I agree with that. But I was talking about a different scenario. If you don't care then why bother responding?

Very Un-Dude

Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    More than normal, but less than the SEC loving pundits think.

Michigan is WAY ahead of the past two coaches, and given how Carr finished his career, you can make a strong argument that he's better than that, too. Although most wanted to see Carr retire long before he did.

It would be nice to run into the coach again, I have some questions for him- not mean ones, nor specific play or other directed criticisms. Just some questions on how some of the things coaches are saying apply to themselves.
    Interesting, thanks.
    Always curious to get the perspective of a rational fan; I imagine blue fans are getting sick of being behind OSU's success over the past several years.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
    Twenty red lights in his honor
    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Yes, I realize 4 undefeated teams from P5 knocks Bama out. I agree with that. But I was talking about a different scenario. If you don't care then why bother responding?
    I didn't quote you in the comment of mine that you quoted, yet you were sure I misunderstood your point. And if you're talking about a different scenario from the only post of yours that seems to relevant have at it explaining it:

I mean LSU had to put the game away late in the 4th. Bama came back from 20 down to make it a game. They didn't lose to the little sisters of the poor. My only point here is right now I don't think the other contenders for that final spot have proven to be clearly better than Alabama. I just don't think it's an automatic that Bama is out of this.
    To be clear my argument has nothing to do with Minnesota as I expect OSU to win out. What other contenders are there that are not undefeated being considered to replace Alabama at #4?
    Last edited by Slap Shot; 11-11-2019 at 07:38 PM.

Never Forget!

Screw the playoff! Let's just go back to the good old days of bowl games.

All games January 1!

Fiesta Bowl - 1:30 NBC
    Ohio State/Wisconsin/Pedo State (any B1G team except Minnesota) vs Big XII #2

Gator Bowl - 1:30 ABC
    Alabama vs ACC #2

Rose Bowl - 4:30 NBC
    Ohio State/Minnesota vs Oregon

Cotton Bowl - 4:30 CBS
    Texas/A&M/TCU/West Canaan High vs ACC #3

Orange Bowl - 8:00 NBC
    Clemson vs Big XII Champion

Sugar Bowl - 8:30 ABC
    LSU vs Notre Dame

Just a boring user.

So there's still a nice, 4 undefeated team scenario out there.

The obvious- LSU, Clemson, OSU/MN, and then the kicker- Baylor.

Think about this- Baylor and MN win out- right now, one is 7 the other is 12. If they win out, will BOTH of them pass Alabama? I'm going to ignore Oregon at the moment. But if two "lower" P5 teams go undefeated, will their perception allow Bama to get in? So we will have TWO undefeated Power 5 conference champs vs. the team who could not even win it's division. Fun discussion for that one.

Lucia Apologist

Yes. 100% yes.

So there's still a nice, 4 undefeated team scenario out there.

The obvious- LSU, Clemson, OSU/MN, and then the kicker- Baylor.

Think about this- Baylor and MN win out- right now, one is 7 the other is 12. If they win out, will BOTH of them pass Alabama? I'm going to ignore Oregon at the moment. But if two "lower" P5 teams go undefeated, will their perception allow Bama to get in? So we will have TWO undefeated Power 5 conference champs vs. the team who could not even win it's division. Fun discussion for that one.
    MN would have a strong enough set of wins all at the end of the year to pass Alabama.

Other than Oklahoma, im not sure what Baylor has.

Lucia Apologist

The flow diagram starts with:

1. Are you undefeated?
    2. If yes, are you a power 5 conference?
    3. If yes, are there more than four undefeated power 5 teams?
    4. If no, you’re in

Quote Originally Posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    MN would have a strong enough set of wins all at the end of the year to pass Alabama.

Other than Oklahoma, im not sure what Baylor has.
    I tend to agree. I have a lot of Minnesota sports fans as friends who also double as conspiracy theorists and are already convinced that if Minnesota were to win out they still wouldn't get in. The only way that might happen would be if the rest of the B1G went to s h ! t these next couple of weeks. PSU loses to Indiana, OSU drops a game and then loses to Michigan, etc... If that were to happen and Minnesota were to run the table, I could see a one loss Alabama getting in ahead of them.

But I just don't see that happening. I also don't see Minnesota running the table, but it's been fun to watch.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Just a boring user.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

1. Are you undefeated?
    4. If no, you’re in
    That's what it should be, but WRT Baylor, if Bama has a dominating finish to the season, including a real beating of Auburn- will those rules really be followed? Especially when BU had to do to double OT to beat TCU this past weekend.

The discussion quickly becomes a "best 4" vs. "who earned it" in a very strong way.

Regardless of what happens in the B1G, I do very much hope, now, that Baylor wins out. Will make the championship discussion more fun.

Never Forget!

You don't have to be a conspiracy theorist. This is college football. It's already corrupt as hell. That said, there won't be a bunch of undefeated teams. If Alabama runs the table the Tide are in because they play in the vaunted SEC which is the toughest conference known to humanity.

Yep, still here

That's what it should be, but WRT Baylor, if Bama has a dominating finish to the season, including a real beating of Auburn- will those rules really be followed? Especially when BU had to do to double OT to beat TCU this past weekend.

The discussion quickly becomes a "best 4" vs. "who earned it" in a very strong way.

Regardless of what happens in the B1G, I do very much hope, now, that Baylor wins out. Will make the championship discussion more fun.
    Alabama's 2019 schedule is mediocre and could easily end up being straight trash. Their power 5 team this year is 4-5 Duke. They have #11 7-2 Auburn. Auburn also plays Georgia. That means Auburn could finish 8-4 and barely ranked. They won't play #5 Georgia or #11 Florida in the SEC Championship game. Their next best win is A&M who is 6-3 but has Georgia and LSU to finish. Is 7-5 that much better? The committee will have to squeal about the eye test or being talented to twist in Alabama in this scenario.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Just a boring user.

Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    Alabama's 2019 schedule is mediocre and could easily end up being straight trash. Their power 5 team this year is 4-5 Duke. They have #11 7-2 Auburn. Auburn also plays Georgia. That means Auburn could finish 8-4 and barely ranked. They won't play #5 Georgia or #11 Florida in the SEC Championship game. Their next best win is A&M who is 6-3 but has Georgia and LSU to finish. Is 7-5 that much better? The committee will have to squeal about the eye test or being talented to twist in Alabama in this scenario.
    Logically, you are 100% correct. But will the "SEC GREATNESS" overwhelm logic? They were #1 or 2 all season, and now they are still in the top 5. Baylor is just in the top 10 for the coaches poll, and we will see where they are WRT the playoffs tonight. Which means at some point- they have to pass Bama. This may be totally mute this weekend, but if we are lucky.... I don't see Baylor passing Bama until they reach 13-0, after the Big12 championship game. And I also see a HUGE argument that a really strong Bama finish to the season will compare to a Baylor 13-0.

This would be so fun if Baylor wins out. Two huge weekends coming up for them- OU and Texas.

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

1. Are you undefeated?
    4. If no, you’re in
    2b should be "Is it the Big12 with their BS championship game?"

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    2b should be "Is it the Big12 with their BS championship game?"
    He said power 5 conference:

SEC
    Pac-12
    B1G
    ACC
    Notre Dame
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Kings affiliate
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    He said power 5 conference:

SEC
    Pac-12
    B1G
    ACC
    Notre Dame
    It's power five plus Notre Dame not instead of the Big 12. 😁

Lucia Apologist

Anyone here go to the Rose Bowl game last year?

Was it strictly electronic tickets or did they still do lower bowl physical tickets?

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Anyone here go to the Rose Bowl game last year?

Was it strictly electronic tickets or did they still do lower bowl physical tickets?
    As of 2016 we had physical tickets.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Quote Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    not instead of
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    S/he's not going to get that joke.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Thread Information