Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    Oh, it is definitely disrespectful. That's the point. If you're expecting sports fans to be completely respectful of all things, you're going to have a hard time.

They didn't vandalize or deface the thing. If someone had, yeah that is going too far.
    Being respectful to statues or monuments shouldn't be difficult. But some fans want to be dicks...
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Re: College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

For FS23:

the state of hockey is good

Comment

Minnesota 9-0 for the 1st time since 1904.
        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
          For FS23:

Well done.
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
            Being respectful to statues or monuments shouldn't be difficult. But some fans want to be dicks...
            After PSU fans lost their **** over the Paterno statue (where they still complain and as of a few years ago were also trying to build a new one since the school hid the old one) I wouldn't object to anything anyone does to Ped State's crap.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
              After PSU fans lost their **** over the Paterno statue (where they still complain and as of a few years ago were also trying to build a new one since the school hid the old one) I wouldn't object to anything anyone does to Ped State's crap.
              And there are fans who STILL think JoePa is a saint, he did NOTHING wrong, and everything is fine and dandy. That's bullsh*. I grew up worshiping JoePa. He was (WAS) one of my heroes. I **** near cried when I found out the truth. Officially or not, he RAN that school. So, until the fanbase and admin fully get rid of anything positively related to JoePa and Co, it's Pedo St until my dying breath.

And Ho. Lee. Crap. MN did it. Wow.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I have sorta enjoyed all the Clemson-Alabama battles but it would be nice seeing LSU win today.

Comment

Holy. ****. Holy. ****.

That was amazing. The crowd stood the entire game. That was one of the loudest games in that stadium.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    Gophers are legit. Nice passing game. I hope the weather is decent for the UMinn/UW game.

Comment

For the first time in my life, losing to Iowa or Wisconsin would feel like a let down.

This feeling is amazing. I haven’t felt it since 0.6. It’s hard to describe. I’m just so happy.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        For the first time in my life, losing to Iowa or Wisconsin would feel like a let down.

This feeling is amazing. I haven’t felt it since 0.6. It’s hard to describe. I’m just so happy.
                        I told Viking (who is also a fan of the team I'm about to mention)...I'm almost getting a Cubs feeling here with this team (provided they get the chance). It may not be pretty, it may involve some luck, but....
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I listened to the Fleck interview post game with tears not afraid to admit. This school and the hockey, football and hockey teams were a huge part of overcoming an illness with my dad when I was a kid and Gophers sports was my medicine thanks to a tremendously supportive and charitable family friend. I cannot describe the emotions right now. This game doesn't change life, doesn't solve cancer, doesn't cure anything. But we all have sources of meaning and even though this win wasn't anything in the grand scheme of things, my heart is still racing even this long after the game has ended.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                            And there are fans who STILL think JoePa is a saint, he did NOTHING wrong, and everything is fine and dandy. That's bullsh*. I grew up worshiping JoePa. He was (WAS) one of my heroes. I **** near cried when I found out the truth. Officially or not, he RAN that school. So, until the fanbase and admin fully get rid of anything positively related to JoePa and Co, it's Pedo St until my dying breath.

Everyone in the fanbase has to do it or you won't stop with Ped State? Really?
                            Just sounds petty.
                            As i said earlier...be bigger. There are dicks in every fanbase everywhere.

Congrats on the win...now don't blow it. 😁
                            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                              Everyone in the fanbase has to do it or you won't stop with Ped State? Really?
                              Just sounds petty.
                              As i said earlier...be bigger. There are dicks in every fanbase everywhere.

Congrats on the win...now don't blow it. 😁
                              The majority, because as you stated, there are jack bags in every fanbase. And no statues, no re-instating wins, nothing of that sort. Officially kill off everything of that era.

And for the record, I cannot count myself as a true fan of Gopher football. I am proud of those boys, though, and proud of the team. They make my friends very happy, and it's nice to see the team succeed.

Comment

Um...............Alabama? You awake? Holy crap.

Comment

Working...
                                X