Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: College Football 2019-20: It'll Just Be Alabama vs. Clemson AGAIN.

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    I was on campus at northwestern last month for my program and they tried to get us to stay for a football game that Saturday. I hurried home as fast as I could
    Yeah one of my Stanford friends with a physics PhD went to NW for a post-doc and being into football went to all of their games, more for entertainment than a specific rooting interest. But given the size of NW and lack of major rooting interest, and proximity to Chicago, and like **** near every other B1G team being a huuuge state school, it meant it was essentially a home game for every visiting team.

Of course, they just haaaaad to be good in 2015 and beat Stanford in the first week and keep us from the playoffs.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Michigan is vastly overrated and anyway it's not on the list. Tulane, also not on the list, buys lists of low SAT students, suckers them into applying, and then rejects them in order to artificially drive up their selectivity.

If I had a gun to the head choice from that list it would be UT-Austin, at least for STEM. For the arts I'd tell the guy just pull the trigger.
      Minnesota is only behind maybe Berkeley and MIT. For chemical engineering
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Gopher defense opens the game looking terrible.
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Why does every teams playbook include a 4th down play where it takes the entire clock and they call a timeout.

Whats the % on getting an offsides? 3%? Just silly.
          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Tua's done. I'm calling it now.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              Tua's done. I'm calling it now.
              Permanently, or in college?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Gophers championship game was last week. Yet to show up in Iowa. Figures.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                  Permanently, or in college?
                  Permanently. From what I'm hearing, it's the same injury that ended Bo Jackson's career.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    Gophers championship game was last week. Yet to show up in Iowa. Figures.
                    Enjoy 10-2 and a stupidly named bowl game in mid-December at this rate.
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

I feel ill
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        I feel ill
                        Shouldn't be surprising.
                        I'd love to see what their record is after a big game. I'm guessing not great.
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                          Shouldn't be surprising.
                          I'd love to see what their record is after a big game. I'm guessing not great.
                          Thats not really a stat for them. Perpetual .500 teams dont really have or win many big games to start with.
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

All isn’t lost even if we lose this game. Win two more and we’re still in amazing shape for the rose bowl.
                            Code:

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                              Yeah one of my Stanford friends with a physics PhD went to NW for a post-doc and being into football went to all of their games, more for entertainment than a specific rooting interest. But given the size of NW and lack of major rooting interest, and proximity to Chicago, and like **** near every other B1G team being a huuuge state school, it meant it was essentially a home game for every visiting team.

Of course, they just haaaaad to be good in 2015 and beat Stanford in the first week and keep us from the playoffs.
                              When my sister was at U of C in the late 60s, she said they referred to NW as the party school. But then, she wouldn't have known a party from a PTA meeting. I think U of C had a club team that played mostly high schools.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                All isn’t lost even if we lose this game. Win two more and we’re still in amazing shape for the rose bowl.
                                This game is far from over. UM might very well kick UW's arse, but OSU is a different matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X