Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States: North Dakota? Come On, Ohio Is The Worst State Ever.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: North Dakota? Come On, Ohio Is The Worst State Ever.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    /dadmode_on If anything had happened -- deer, tire, even a bad pothole -- you would not be here today voting Dump out. /dadmode_off
    Yep. Young and dumb. I was 20 I think.

Last time I cracked 100 was on the autobahn two years ago.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Sincere thanks on the context.

I was IN a car that did 135. On Winnetka Ave in New Hope. It was a 1972 Road Runner. Speed limit was 35, a friend that picked me up for a carpool on the way to school. **********************k.

That was an experience.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Last time I did was last weekend on the Illinois Tollway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          Last time I did was last weekend on the Illinois Tollway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
          Typical FIB.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            I hear they are 85 in TX.
            There's a few, but, I haven't encountered one yet. I think I went through an 80 on I30, but don't remember.

It's 70 on most of the highways within the metroplex. Both I take to work are 70, but I rarely go above 65 due to slower traffic.
            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
            Originally posted by Quizmire
            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I would do ~90 on I-5 between Olympia and Vancouver (not BC) because I could and everyone else did 95-100.

Alaska’s highways are uh, not very conducive to speeding.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Utah...

https://abc7ny.com/family/woman-faci...less-/5708968/
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                  That law's going down. Thomas is on board, we know that.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I maxed the speedometer of a 1975 Firebird (*********g GM capped the gauge at 100) so not sure how much of the 160 potential we neared. This was about 3 a.m. (very, very sober) with a full moon on a very well lit stretch of 494 in Bloomington between France and Bush Lake Rd, and immediately began coasting it down once were satisfied because I was young and dumb but not an idiot.

Comment

I know a wealthy Mopar guy so I have access to a Hellcat Challenger, a Hellcat Charger, and ... a Demon.
                      I took a WRX STI RA for a spin about a year ago (and almost bought it).
                      So yeah, been to the "bright side" of some scary-stupid numbers in the last couple years.

But to Kep's point:
                      I'm lucky to be here after what I built/drove in my younger days. (It involved a 327 'vette motor and a Holley six-pack.)
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I may need to rethink Iowa. It seems like a happenin' place.

Key point:

7:11 a.m
                        Cornell University
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          To be fair if you were going 100 in the dark you should probably have gone to jail. :-)

Also, "no posted limited" does not mean no limit. It means the cops can ring you up for anything they regard as excessive given the conditions, in the same way that they can cite you for reckless driving if you are driving 60 in a 60 in the rain.
                          In MN, the law is written such that a road without a posted speed limit has a de facto limit of 55MPH for non-residential areas, 30MPH in residential areas.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            Also, speed limits are posted in Montana and Texas because the US Government handcuffed those states by forcing them to have actual speed limits to receive federal highway funding. And that sweet, sweet highway money isn't growing on trees in either of those states.
                            Same on I-15 in southern Utah. Posted 80, but in practice it felt like nothing below 100 was enforced. Great place to have the top down on a rental Camaro, let me tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Same on I-15 in southern Utah. Posted 80, but in practice it felt like nothing below 100 was enforced. Great place to have the top down on a rental Camaro, let me tell you.
                              Southern Utah is great for a lot of things: Arches, Canyonlands, Bryce, Zion, good Shakespeare Festival.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                                Southern Utah is great for a lot of things: Arches, Canyonlands, Bryce, Zion, good Shakespeare Festival.
                                The most beautiful place in the US for my money. The people are balls deep nuts but the landscape. It's also the only place I have ever been where kids are well behaved in public. I'm sure that's because their parents do horrific things to them in private, but, hey, they aint mine and it makes McDonalds more pleasant.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X