Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3031323334353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: The States: North Dakota? Come On, Ohio Is The Worst State Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    You don’t understand what I was saying.

Did you also say people with unlimited resources shouldn’t support their side of an issue? I’m confused again.
    What were you saying?

It’s not that they shouldn’t have any say, but in the case of Bloomberg he has basically financed the entire anti gun lobby. And honestly the bigger issue I have is him trying to pass off things as grass roots that clearly are not. And just to be clear, I know it’s not the only example, but I think it is a pretty clear cut one.

If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar

Re: The States: North Dakota? Come On, Ohio Is The Worst State Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    What were you saying?

It’s not that they shouldn’t have any say, but in the case of Bloomberg he has basically financed the entire anti gun lobby. And honestly the bigger issue I have is him trying to pass off things as grass roots that clearly are not. And just to be clear, I know it’s not the only example, but I think it is a pretty clear cut one.
    [citation needed]

Oh wait, you don't have one. Never mind, we're done here.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    What were you saying?

It’s just funny that you chose this example. You don’t my seem to mind that a bunch of small dicked psychos were cosplaying today for no good reason, and the president is tweeting hateful rhetoric like “they’re coming for your Guns.”

Your overall point isn’t worthless. But you really are triggered by guns.

It’s just funny that you chose this example. You don’t my seem to mind that a bunch of small dicked psychos were cosplaying today for no good reason, and the president is tweeting hateful rhetoric like “they’re coming for your Guns.”

Your overall point isn’t worthless. But you really are triggered by guns.
    Pun intended?

There were 22k people there and obviously there are going to be some wackos in the mix. If even one or two percent were crazy it’s enough to make the rounds on social media. I read about it a lot and it seems the majority were just ‘regular’ people. It should be noted that there weren’t any problems with the crowd.

I appreciate you acknowledging my main point though.

There were no problems with the crowd because the police are generally ok with nazis and protect them. For some reason this same standard didn’t apply to the black panthers 🤔

My god, Utah banned conversion therapy!
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    My god, Utah banned conversion therapy!
    It probably passed in Utah because they thought it had to do with the metric and imperial measurement systems. Little did they know, it was actually for something not completely bass ackwards.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

If Virginia does all this, I might move there. Ban conversion therapy, make it easier for trans people to update their birth certificates, and creates a uniform transgender policy across all schools.

https://www.virginiamercury.com/2020...E3_eXI_RH6EDnk
    ― Franz Kafka

The my pillow founder, known for having both lips around trumps toxic mushroom head, is reportedly eyeing MN governor bid in 2022. Yikes

wubba lubba dub dub

I don't want a My Governor.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    It probably passed in Utah because they thought it had to do with the metric and imperial measurement systems. Little did they know, it was actually for something not completely bass ackwards.
    I dunno, Utah is really strange. They piloted a program to end homelessness by just... giving them f-cking houses. I don't see liberal bastions like NY or CA doing that.

I know they have the Dumb Dumb Dumb-dumb-dumb really bad, but it causes them to do some not idiotic things sometimes. Unlike most righties, they actually give a sh-t about people.
    Last edited by Kepler; 01-23-2020 at 03:57 PM.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

The my pillow founder, known for having both lips around trumps toxic mushroom head, is reportedly eyeing MN governor bid in 2022. Yikes
    Fantastic.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    I know they have the Dumb Dumb Dumb-dumb-dumb really bad, but it causes them to do some not idiotic things sometimes. Unlike most righties, they actually give a sh-t about people.
    It's all part of recruitment. *shrug*

Funny how that headline about the $100 billion nest egg the LDS "church" is allegedly sitting on quickly disappeared...
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Apartheid Loving Conservadem!

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Fantastic.
    Let me guess...you think he will win
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Ouch! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    No.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    It's all part of recruitment. *shrug*
    Fine by me. Eisenhower gave us the interstate highway system to move tanks around. We got to the moon to win a stupid d-ck measuring contest. We got minimum wage to boost corporate revenue by having people able to afford the products they made. We got a free trade zone among all the colonies so that local aristos didn't have to pay the cream to the crown.

It worked out well for us. People don't need to have good motives to enact good policies.
    Last edited by Kepler; 01-23-2020 at 04:24 PM.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    ...Eisenhower gave us the interstate highway system to move tanks around. ...
    I call bullsh**.

The Interstate system was first bandied about to Congress in 1939 with the "Toll Roads and Free Roads" report from the Bireau of Public Roads (one of the original entities of our current Federal Highway Administration). Interstate highways were first started in 1947 (after the bill authorizing them was approved in 1944). And 40,000 miles were built in eight years, which was the cap of the original 1944 bill.

Ike pushed for the extension to that bill, the "Federal Aid Highway Act of 1956" which is what gave the boom to the modern interstate system. But it was going to have good support in Congress no matter who the President was at the time.

Interstates as military routes first, civilian use second is false. (It's actually reversed, civilian use was the intended reason, with a lightbulb going off over the generals heads saying "hey! We can use them too!")

And that whole thing about interstate as airstrips? Faker than Fox News.

ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ

Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    Interstates as military routes first, civilian use second is false.
    I didn't say this. What I had in mind is analogous to widening the streets of cities in the 19th century to allow troop movements and prevent citizens from barricading. Urban pacification. That is true. It doesn't mean it was the only reason. After all, we also went to the moon for the science.

I had never heard the airstrip legend. That's funny (although when you drive them in the West you can easily see how it got started).
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Fantastic.
    Hey, if he wins his first term, you'll get the second term for free!

The guy is shady as hell for his business practices. The constant "sale" investigation for starters.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Thread Information