Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

I had time to ponder some way too early rankings.

1. UAH
    2. Ferris
    3. UConn
    4. Merrimack
    5. UA Blank
    6. UAA
    7. RPI
    8. Bentley
    9. Canisius
    10. Sparty
    11. BADgers
    12. UNH
    13. Omaha
    14. Western Michigan
    15. Princeton
    16. Holy Cross

If our little tournament started tomorrow, UAH and Holy Cross would be going West. Like I'd let UAH stay in the South.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
      I had time to ponder some way too early rankings.

1. UAH
      2. Ferris
      3. UConn
      4. Merrimack
      5. UA Blank
      6. UAA
      7. RPI
      8. Bentley
      9. Canisius
      10. Sparty
      11. BADgers
      12. UNH
      13. Omaha
      14. Western Michigan
      15. Princeton
      16. Holy Cross

If our little tournament started tomorrow, UAH and Holy Cross would be going West. Like I'd let UAH stay in the South.
      Which team doesn't belong in this regional and why?
      UAH
      UA_
      UAA
      UNH
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Which team doesn't belong in this regional and why?
        UAH
        UA_
        UAA
        UNH
        Depending on location, my top seed goes either West or South. UAH is located in the South, so they'd go West. Depending on where they placed, UAA, UA Blank, and UNH would go East, Midwest, and South.
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Depending on location, my top seed goes either West or South. UAH is located in the South, so they'd go West. Depending on where they placed, UAA, UA Blank, and UNH would go East, Midwest, and South.
          Wrong answer.

HINT: It has to do with past performance
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Wrong answer.

HINT: It has to do with past performance
            I looked at the UNH thread. No optimism there. And besides, you DO realize it's August, and Miss Amber's Ranking System is completely arbitrary?

Comment

And since joe told me I was wrong... he owes me some Death Wish coffee.

Comment

I looked at the UNH thread. No optimism there. And besides, you DO realize it's August, and Miss Amber's Ranking System is completely arbitrary?
                Only UAH has won an ice hockey national championship.
                University of No Hardware has come close, but no cigar.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Only UAH has won an ice hockey national championship.
                  University of No Hardware has come close, but no cigar.
                  Where is my coffee?

Comment

I was wondering if Cloudcroft, NM would be good for the West Regional. We had success there with the NoWINs midseason classic last year.

Comment

I was wondering if Cloudcroft, NM would be good for the West Regional. We had success there with the NoWINs midseason classic last year.
                      Success should rule out any site. We want disastrous.

Comment

I'm going to put in an early nomination for Arctic Edge ice rink in Edmond, OK for the West Regional. Judging by the pictures, there are zero places to sit for fans (perfect) and curling targets are all over the ice surface to make it really confusing. I don't like that it's so close to a major metropolitan area in Oklahoma City, but it clearly gets no attention from people.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                          I'm going to put in an early nomination for Arctic Edge ice rink in Edmond, OK for the West Regional. Judging by the pictures, there are zero places to sit for fans (perfect) and curling targets are all over the ice surface to make it really confusing. I don't like that it's so close to a major metropolitan area in Oklahoma City, but it clearly gets no attention from people.
                          We'll put the West Regional here if no other bids happen, and it's yours to handle.

Comment

Moreover, at almost 2500 ft higher elevation than Mt Washington, Marty would have been one unhappy cat if his high-elevation site were upstaged by Cloudcroft. We need to keep Marty happy. :-)

Comment

If it goes thru, there is always Greenland.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Isle Royale for the Midwest??? Perfect! The lodges at Rock Harbor could be broken into for housing. No heat or electricity, but what the heck? its ICE hockey for god's sake. Provide players with a Swedish Pimple to jig for fish for meals. Goalies could jig while in goal. A nice hole in front of the net would prevent crashing the goalies. Maybe the team with the least catches could get a couple extra points.

YES!! The guy who tried to Jet-Ski to Isle Royale this summer would be the perfect tournament host. He knows the waters. Perhaps he could pull a couple of rafts full of players. Of course, they may not make it to the Island ... but the tournament could be held wherever he runs out of gas. For transportation back - Coast Guard rescue - money saved, to pay for Swedish Pimples.
                                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Working...
                                X