Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 217

Thread: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

  1. #21
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    42,964

    Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

    Fade, I called Lisa Lillien back. I told her to plan on early April, and after perusing her recipes, to bring this for dessert.

    https://www.hungry-girl.com/weekly-recipes/pb-j-dip
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

  2. #22
    Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Black Lodge
    Posts
    33,406

    Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

    As long as we're not expected to sample any of that garbage, we're good.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

  3. #23
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    42,964

    Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

    Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Fade, I called Lisa Lillien back. I told her to plan on early April, and after perusing her recipes, to bring this for dessert.

    https://www.hungry-girl.com/weekly-recipes/pb-j-dip
    Oh no, you, I, and possibly John J. MacInnes are going for pizza.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

  4. #24
    Coach Emeritus
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Ready for the 99th season of Tech hockey
    Posts
    2,957

    Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

    Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Oh no, you, I, and possibly John J. MacInnes are going for pizza.
    JJM will attend.

  5. #25
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    42,964

    Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

    Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    JJM will attend.
    Also, the Commish rather enjoyed watching the chaos unfold from Point Roberts last season. Wonder if you have another chaotic situation in the West available?

    We have bids from the East... we need bids from the West, Midwest, and South, a place for the No Wins midseason classic, and of course, a few more Futile Four bids. Remember, the sadder the location is, the better.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

  6. #26
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    42,964

    Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

    Of course we're concerned about the Alaska schools. We can't rank them here if they don't exist.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

  7. #27
    All Hail
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,629

    Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Oh, do I have rink for you in Baltimore City. Mimi DiPietro Rink aka Patterson Park. Little parking, it's a bubble and the ice is a few inches away from the boards.

    https://bcrp.baltimorecity.gov/DiPietroIceRink
    I've been there and can attest to what he said. Best place I know of to blow out a knee and/or break an ankle. And when you're done, there's no guarantee your car will still be where you left it.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

  8. #28
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    42,964

    Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

    Quote Originally Posted by Split-N View Post
    I've been there and can attest to what he said. Best place I know of to blow out a knee and/or break an ankle. And when you're done, there's no guarantee your car will still be where you left it.
    Now it's in the running. We'll keep the nomination process open for a little bit. Besides, I still need West, Midwest, and South regionals.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

  9. #29
    clarkson 1990
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Owego, NY
    Posts
    790

    Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

    Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Now it's in the running. We'll keep the nomination process open for a little bit. Besides, I still need West, Midwest, and South regionals.
    If that "other" tournament can consider eastern PA to be the "Midwest", why can't this tournament put Baltimore in the West? or the Midwest? or the South?
    Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
    Clarkson 1990

  10. #30
    Veteran huskyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Copper Falls
    Posts
    23,025

    Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

    As always, I wish to suggest an outdoor location. On one of the Great Lakes. Water may or may not be frozen. Locations can be found that are only snowmobile accessible. hmm, though that could add to the expense, unless we had willing volunteers. Lakes would have no boards, stands, nets, food and most likely no spectators. Ice conditions, if there is ice, are most likely terrible, bumpy, windrows, possible ice volcanoes, its possible teams could be skating at a slight uphill or downhill. Special penalties in place for breaking through the ice. Granted this would favor smaller players, but who cares? If location has no ice, players would exchange skates for water shoes and play would be in knee deep water. First team with a man down to hypothermia loses. Or is it wins?
    Quote Originally Posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

  11. #31
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    42,964

    Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

    Quote Originally Posted by huskyfan View Post
    As always, I wish to suggest an outdoor location. On one of the Great Lakes. Water may or may not be frozen. Locations can be found that are only snowmobile accessible. hmm, though that could add to the expense, unless we had willing volunteers. Lakes would have no boards, stands, nets, food and most likely no spectators. Ice conditions, if there is ice, are most likely terrible, bumpy, windrows, possible ice volcanoes, its possible teams could be skating at a slight uphill or downhill. Special penalties in place for breaking through the ice. Granted this would favor smaller players, but who cares? If location has no ice, players would exchange skates for water shoes and play would be in knee deep water. First team with a man down to hypothermia loses. Or is it wins?
    How about deep on Isle Royale? We can get them there, but they're responsible for getting off the island.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

  12. #32
    Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Black Lodge
    Posts
    33,406

    Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

    Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    How about deep on Isle Royale? We can get them there, but they're responsible for getting off the island.
    Lake Desor? And make them stay in pup tents at the North Lake Desor campsite.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

  13. #33
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    42,964

    Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Lake Desor? And make them stay in pup tents at the North Lake Desor campsite.
    I LOVE IT! We'll have the Midwest regional here.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

  14. #34
    Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Black Lodge
    Posts
    33,406
    Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    I LOVE IT! We'll have the Midwest regional here.
    We'll get the tents from Army surplus. 😁

  15. #35
    Coach Emeritus
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Ready for the 99th season of Tech hockey
    Posts
    2,957

    Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

    Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    I LOVE IT! We'll have the Midwest regional here.
    Travel will be by Jet Ski from Grand Portage. I know just the guy to lead the way.

    https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/ne...ale-on-Jet-Ski

  16. #36
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    42,964

    Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

    Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    Travel will be by Jet Ski from Grand Portage. I know just the guy to lead the way.

    https://www.duluthnewstribune.com/ne...ale-on-Jet-Ski
    Just one jet ski, right? We can't afford a fleet of them.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

  17. #37
    Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Black Lodge
    Posts
    33,406

    Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

    Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Just one jet ski, right? We can't afford a fleet of them.
    One at a time, navigating the ice floes that will be present in March.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

  18. #38

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    38,967
    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    One at a time, navigating the ice floes that will be present in March.
    Can't you tow them on an inner tube or skis?

  19. #39
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    42,964

    Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Can't you tow them on an inner tube or skis?
    That would be too efficient and much like that "other" tournament.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

  20. #40

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    38,967
    Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    That would be too efficient and much like that "other" tournament.
    Ok. One ski and a tube with a leak. Give them the other ski and a patch kit. It's survival of the fittest, folks!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •