Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 110

Thread: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

  1. #81
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thornton, NH
    Posts
    6,328

    Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

    Excellent. I am sure that deep down, Marty will be pleased, but he just won't show it.

  2. #82
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    41,942

    Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    Excellent. I am sure that deep down, Marty will be pleased, but he just won't show it.
    As long as 4 teams give him head scratches and belly rubs, I'm sure he'll be fine.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

  3. #83
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    41,942

    Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

    Shake up in my preseason top 5:

    1. UAA
    2. UAH
    3. Merrimack
    4. Ferris State
    5. Connecticut
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

  4. #84
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    41,942

    Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

    Fade, JJM... I got a call from one Frank Anzalone about wanting to ref the Isle Royale regional.....
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

  5. #85
    Coach Emeritus
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Beginning to plan for the 99th season of Tech hockey
    Posts
    2,909

    Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

    Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Fade, JJM... I got a call from one Frank Anzalone about wanting to ref the Isle Royale regional.....
    My favorite FA story.

    He's in Columbus in stint #2 and gave this pregame speech.

    "OK guys. They have better players than we do. They have better special teams. They have home ice. But I can outcoach John Markell, so we have a chance."

    That's the kind of bravado we need running a regional.

  6. #86
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    41,942

    Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

    Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    My favorite FA story.

    He's in Columbus in stint #2 and gave this pregame speech.

    "OK guys. They have better players than we do. They have better special teams. They have home ice. But I can outcoach John Markell, so we have a chance."

    That's the kind of bravado we need running a regional.
    Wasn't he a pioneer of pulling the goalie when he was down by a lot?

    I'll call him back.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

  7. #87
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    41,942

    Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

    Any notable UAA/UAF castoffs that can ref the West Regional?

    And Lisa Lillien has promised to use fat free cheese when cooking the Futile Four meals.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

  8. #88
    Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    A Headshrinker's Office
    Posts
    32,624

    Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

    Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Fade, JJM... I got a call from one Frank Anzalone about wanting to ref the Isle Royale regional.....
    Works for me. Sign him up!
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

  9. #89
    Coach Emeritus
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Beginning to plan for the 99th season of Tech hockey
    Posts
    2,909

    Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

    Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Any notable UAA/UAF castoffs that can ref the West Regional?

    And Lisa Lillien has promised to use fat free cheese when cooking the Futile Four meals.
    I nominate Alaska Governor Mike Dunleavy to take the whistle. Guaranteed he won't go over budget.

  10. #90
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    41,942

    Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

    Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    I nominate Alaska Governor Mike Dunleavy to take the whistle. Guaranteed he won't go over budget.
    Ooooh, kinky.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

  11. #91
    Already insane, UAA making it worse
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    49th
    Posts
    19,292
    Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    I nominate Alaska Governor Mike Dunleavy to take the whistle. Guaranteed he won't go over budget.
    Seconded. Plus he’s a former basketball player at UAF so he’s likely not very athletic.

  12. #92
    mmf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Posts
    2,701

    Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Seconded. Plus he’s a former basketball player at UAF so he’s likely not very athletic.
    I don’t think so…not that I disagree with your premise. He's still a good choice. He totally sucks...so there would be no noise coming from his whistle.
    "Who got the Cup?"
    UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF UAF UAA UAA UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAA UAA UAA UAF* UAF* UAF* UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF UAF

    * lost to NCAA mucky-mucks but not to UAA on the ice.

  13. #93
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    41,942

    Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

    Quote Originally Posted by mmf View Post
    I don’t think so…not that I disagree with your premise. He's still a good choice. He totally sucks...so there would be no noise coming from his whistle.
    So with Anzalone reffing at Isle Royale, Gov. Dunleavy reffing in Oklahoma, and Marty the cat at Mt. Washington... we just need refs for the South regional. How about that Portera guy? I could write it that a player killed him...
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

  14. #94
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Thornton, NH
    Posts
    6,328
    Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    So with Anzalone reffing at Isle Royale, Gov. Dunleavy reffing in Oklahoma, and Marty the cat at Mt. Washington... we just need refs for the South regional. How about that Portera guy? I could write it that a player killed him...
    Refs shaping up nicely. But, please note that Marty likes caps, as in Marty The Cat. :-)

  15. #95
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    41,942

    Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    Refs shaping up nicely. But, please note that Marty likes caps, as in Marty The Cat. :-)
    Noted AND logged.

    still need a ref for the south, unless we want to go with local drunks for this one.
    Last edited by MissThundercat; 09-10-2019 at 12:32 PM.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

  16. #96
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    41,942

    Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

    Current locations:

    East: Mt Washington, NH
    Midwest: Isle Royale, MI
    West: Edmond, OK
    South: Mobile, AL

    Midseason tournament: Topsham, ME

    Futile Four, Baltimore City, MD
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

  17. #97

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    38,781
    Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Noted AND logged.

    still need a ref for the south, unless we want to go with local drunks for this one.
    Chain gang work release?

  18. #98
    If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    At a Coffee Shop or out running
    Posts
    41,942

    Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Chain gang work release?
    Local drunks are fine. I thought about Portera, the guy that tried to axe UAH Hockey a few years ago too...
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

  19. #99
    Veteran huskyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Copper Falls
    Posts
    23,020

    Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

    I'm so excited about the Isle Royale location. I think it's our first in a National Park. Once in awhile the Park flies a plane over the island during the winter to check out the wolf and moose population. Here's hoping its during the game. That would be all needed for game reporting - interview the pilot and his spotter. And if they say "we didn't see anything" all the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

  20. #100
    Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    A Headshrinker's Office
    Posts
    32,624
    Quote Originally Posted by huskyfan View Post
    I'm so excited about the Isle Royale location. I think it's our first in a National Park. Once in awhile the Park flies a plane over the island during the winter to check out the wolf and moose population. Here's hoping its during the game. That would be all needed for game reporting - interview the pilot and his spotter. And if they say "we didn't see anything" all the better.
    That can be arranged...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •