Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

Is there a chance that Miss Thundercat, Fade, and I could discuss the NoWinS in person at the Tech-NMU series in two weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
      Is there a chance that Miss Thundercat, Fade, and I could discuss the NoWinS in person at the Tech-NMU series in two weeks?
      Sadly no. There is a strong chance JJM, Fade, and I can discuss Road to the Futile 4 in March, though...
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Try getting inside my head. Tell me who you think the top 5 will be in MARS on the 18th.
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
          Try getting inside my head. Tell me who you think the top 5 will be in MARS on the 18th.
          Mercyhurst is in after that epic beating.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
            Mercyhurst is in after that epic beating.
            Six SOG in the first two periods!!! Do current AIC students even know that their school used to be a doormat?

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Fade, JJM... this is what I have in my head right now:

1. UAH
              2. Niagara
              3. Union
              4. Air Force
              5. UAA
              13. Michigan State
              14. Michigan
              15. Michigan Tech
              As always, I want to be mad but cannot do so.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                Six SOG in the first two periods!!! Do current AIC students even know that their school used to be a doormat?

GFM
                And then Mercyhurst turns around and beats AIC the next night.

Well, with the bottom half of AH, ECAC, WCHA, and with Michigan, Minnesota, Miami (not FL), and St Cloud all being so putrid... I have a lot to sort out.

Comment

Well, with the bottom half of AH, ECAC, WCHA, and with Michigan, Minnesota, Miami (not FL), and St Cloud all being so putrid... I have a lot to sort out.
                  Not sure if this is helpful, and I present this with all due respect to our commissioner and her committee, but I've seen UAA play a number of times on Flo and I've seen Miami State in person. UAA beats Miami State 3 of 4 every day and twice on Sunday. Not necessarily advocating for UAA being out of the mix, but for seeding this may help (or confound?) your thinking.

Edit: I should add "As of now..."
                  Last edited by TalonsUpPuckDown; 11-17-2019, 11:53 AM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

You waited for this, so I'm posting this. The Commish sorted this mess out to give you the November MARS:

1. UAH
                    2. Vermont
                    3. Canisius
                    4. Union
                    5. SLU(t)
                    6. Michigan
                    7. Niagara
                    8. Merrimack
                    9. St. Cloud
                    10. Ferris State
                    11. Lake State
                    12. Miami (the one in Oxford, OH)
                    13. UConn
                    14. Colgate
                    15. Holy Cross
                    16. Air Force

Bubbles are fun:

17. Bentley
                    18. Mercyhurst
                    19. Yale
                    20. Princeton
                    21. Minnesota
                    22. Brown

Comment

Man, Union sure has tanked in a hurry.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Man, Union sure has tanked in a hurry.
                        Union has a total of 3 wins right now. Tempted to invite them to the NO WINS tournament just because.

JJM, I plan on making teams take school buses to this tournament. If the tournament were held today, your invitees are UAH, Vermont, Canisius, and St. Cloud (wild card picked by the cat).

Comment

Union has a total of 3 wins right now. Tempted to invite them to the NO WINS tournament just because.

JJM, I plan on making teams take school buses to this tournament. If the tournament were held today, your invitees are UAH, Vermont, Canisius, and St. Cloud (wild card picked by the cat).
                          I was hoping for decommissioned city transit buses, preferably with the heaters broken and non-functioning boarding doors. Canisius and Vermont are too close though, they should have to hop an ore freighter in the St. Lawrence Seaway and travel by sea.

I'm not at all surprised that a team nicknamed the Huskies gets invited. I am a little surprised at which of the four it is, considering the source.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                            I was hoping for decommissioned city transit buses, preferably with the heaters broken and non-functioning boarding doors. Canisius and Vermont are too close though, they should have to hop an ore freighter in the St. Lawrence Seaway and travel by sea.

I'm not at all surprised that a team nicknamed the Huskies gets invited. I am a little surprised at which of the four it is, considering the source.
                            Your school got a little better by the time MARS was released, so I had to leave them off the list.

Comment

JJM, Friday, I'll have your invitees to the NoWINS tournament.

The only invitee locked in so far is UAH.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                                JJM, Friday, I'll have your invitees to the NoWINS tournament.

The only invitee locked in so far is UAH.
                                Why don't we invite UAH, Canisius, St. Cloud, and Vermont?

Comment

Working...
                                X