Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bottom Feeders 2019-20: Timely Results Are For That "Other" Tournament.

Right now, potential shakeup for November looming. With Air Force winning tonight, going to 1-7-0, and UAH losing AGAIN, the current top 5 in my head are:

1. UAH
    2. Air Force
    3. Union
    4. Canisius
    5. Vermont
    5. Merrimack

No bubble yet, as the Bubble includes 3-4, 4-5 teams.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
      Right now, potential shakeup for November looming. With Air Force winning tonight, going to 1-7-0, and UAH losing AGAIN, the current top 5 in my head are:

1. UAH
      2. Air Force
      3. Union
      4. Canisius
      5. Vermont
      5. Merrimack

No bubble yet, as the Bubble includes 3-4, 4-5 teams.
      No NACHO or Big10?

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        I think the invitees shouldn't be announced until Christmas Eve, just for the enjoyable chaos of last-minute travel.
        Unfortunately they have to be announced before that. The NoWinS stands for Northern Winter Solstice, and all games have to be played on that day and one before or after. It's symbolic to make them play when the amount of daylight is the shortest it can be.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
          No NACHO or Big10?
          They're definitely in the top 16, just not putrid enough to make the top 5.

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
          Unfortunately they have to be announced before that. The NoWinS stands for Northern Winter Solstice, and all games have to be played on that day and one before or after. It's symbolic to make them play when the amount of daylight is the shortest it can be.
          I'll have your invites for you in a couple weeks. Right now, you could take the top 4 on my list...
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

JJM, a theater group from Topsham, ME is willing to provide "replay," and a local dive bar is willing to set up karaoke as "music." But how do we prevent karaoke singers from watching the action?

Comment

JJM, a theater group from Topsham, ME is willing to provide "replay," and a local dive bar is willing to set up karaoke as "music." But how do we prevent karaoke singers from watching the action?
              We'll stream the karaoke singers' audio from the bar using an organizer's phone plugged into the arena's cheap sound system.

For invitees, I propose we take the Top 3 from MARS, plus a wildcard chosen by your cat.

Comment

Okay. It'll be funny hearing Carla's rendition of "I Will Survive" after one team gives up a goal.

Comment

I admit I'm watching Michigan Tech among the expanse of the bubble; Michigan, Bemidji, Northeastern, and about 3 other teams are there too. And why am I watching Tech? Quick answer is you weren't supposed to be with the Ferris/UAA half of the conference this year. Hell, I had you finishing at 4th in the WCHA and at least having home ice. Also, in your thread, the optimism meter is rather low right now. Basically what I read is "we're not doing well right now, but our coach sounds happy!"

Comment

Fade, JJM... this is what I have in my head right now:

1. UAH
                    2. Niagara
                    3. Union
                    4. Air Force
                    5. UAA
                    13. Michigan State
                    14. Michigan
                    15. Michigan Tech

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                      Fade, JJM... this is what I have in my head right now:

1. UAH
                      2. Niagara
                      3. Union
                      4. Air Force
                      5. UAA
                      13. Michigan State
                      14. Michigan
                      15. Michigan Tech
                      Ferris has to figure in. They are butt awful. And Lake State has played their way into consideration too. Each are worthy of the Bottom 10 at least.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                        Ferris has to figure in. They are butt awful. And Lake State has played their way into consideration too. Each are worthy of the Bottom 10 at least.
                        Ferris and Lake State especially. With the bottom half of the WCHA, ECAC, and Atlantic Hockey each being so weak, it's hard to figure out the rankings right now.

Comment

What about Canisius? They're pretty awful.

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
                            What about Canisius? They're pretty awful.
                            Right now, they're in there. Right now, I really need to expand the rankings to like 24.

Comment

Right now, they're in there. Right now, I really need to expand the rankings to like 24.
                              Next thing you will be saying is that Bentley, which just got swept by Air Force, is in contention for a bottom tier spot. But, they beat UHN, and UHN just knocked off No. 2 ranked Minutewagon.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                Next thing you will be saying is that Bentley, which just got swept by Air Force, is in contention for a bottom tier spot. But, they beat UHN, and UHN just knocked off No. 2 ranked Minutewagon.
                                The good news is the mess will be sorted out and posted on 11/18, complete with a 4-5 team "bubble." Be patient.

Comment

Working...
                                X