Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45:56 Biden Memes to Own the Cons!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45:56 Biden Memes to Own the Cons!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The news has to take their responsibility as a carrier of information seriously. If they merely relay the lies they are a disease vector.
    But the problem is they are not going to do it. Kellyanne wants airtime, they give it to her, and do so gladly. Then 4 talking heads sit around and discuss her comments for an hour. NPR has created this annoying segment now where they put on some news maker, and then they invite one of their talking head journalists to sit there for 5 minutes and tell us what we just heard. The problem is those CNN or NPR heads are talking about things that often are lies. Why even bother to give the lies the airtime in the first place? Because if they didn't, the right would scream and yell that the president's voice is not being heard, clear proof the media is "biased." And the CNNs of the world are scared poopless about this.

It's no longer good enough if they dissect the lies afterwards. Don't even give the lies life. Let them speak to the press, take the quotes, repeat them verbatim if true, and if not, report the lie and couple it with an accurate account of whatever they are talking about. The face time is what they crave. They accuse the newspeople of grandstanding at the press conferences anyway, and while occasionally true, it is the political official who most often uses the opportunity to grandstand. Why give any of it a platform?

Comment

Each news outlet needs an in-house "fact ombudsman" to check the factual content of the interviewee. Deny them airtime if they are lying. Newspapers have a desk editor, tv, cable and streaming need the same. They need an objective entity like Snopes as an in-house organ.
      CNN unceremoniously has trended in this exact direction with their recent hiring of former Toronto Star Washington DC correspondent, and one of the best - almost real time fact checker, Daniel Dale.

Dale sat through many of Trump's campaign stops and picked up on the number inflation (even when the numbers favor Trump already), and his biggest poker tell: "Sir,..." stories.

Unfortunately, CNN trips over their own dicks by then inviting alt-Right pieces of sh*t on air.
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
        I read it and agree with it wholeheartedly. A couple of comments though. If you are worried about authoritarianism why on earth would you support gun control?
        I'm gonna go with: because the gun fondlers are the authoritarians.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
          It's no longer good enough if they dissect the lies afterwards. Don't even give the lies life. Let them speak to the press, take the quotes, repeat them verbatim if true, and if not, report the lie and couple it with an accurate account of whatever they are talking about. The face time is what they crave. They accuse the newspeople of grandstanding at the press conferences anyway, and while occasionally true, it is the political official who most often uses the opportunity to grandstand. Why give any of it a platform?
          The reason why CNN does this is simple: they're not a news network, they're an entertainment network. If you want ratings you are going to put out the New York Post, not the New York Times. Smart people have all but abandoned cable now the way they did network news 20 years ago. The remaining demo are the dummies and the dummies don't want information they want entertainment. If they wanted information they wouldn't be dummies.

So there is no mass market for factual information. In the bad old days the 3 majors understood this but obstinately ran their national news as loss leaders for prestige (local news was always for dummies). It took Fox, a deliberate propaganda network, for people to realize that propaganda -- even obviously, laughably false propaganda -- sells, because it stimulates the pleasure centers of dummies who want their prejudices and biases reinforced. It's ideological masturbation.

About the only way to stop that is for a A National Standard for Weights and Measures for truth, and if you don't have accreditation you may not use the controlled appellation "news." But that obviously has its own problems which are even worse. So really what it comes down to is make sure the strip clubs and bars are open 24/7 the day before Election Day and the day itself and hope the dummies just drink through it.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Oh. My. Fu**ing. God.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
              Oh. My. Fu**ing. God.

Too bad Obama didn’t say that, would have exploded a lot of heads

Comment

The reason why CNN does this is simple: they're not a news network, they're an entertainment network. If you want ratings you are going to put out the New York Post, not the New York Times. Smart people have all but abandoned cable now the way they did network news 20 years ago. The remaining demo are the dummies and the dummies don't want information they want entertainment. If they wanted information they wouldn't be dummies.

So there is no mass market for factual information. In the bad old days the 3 majors understood this but obstinately ran their national news as loss leaders for prestige (local news was always for dummies). It took Fox, a deliberate propaganda network, for people to realize that propaganda -- even obviously, laughably false propaganda -- sells, because it stimulates the pleasure centers of dummies who want their prejudices and biases reinforced. It's ideological masturbation.

About the only way to stop that is for a A National Standard for Weights and Measures for truth, and if you don't have accreditation you may not use the controlled appellation "news." But that obviously has its own problems which are even worse. So really what it comes down to is make sure the strip clubs and bars are open 24/7 the day before Election Day and the day itself and hope the dummies just drink through it.
                I dunno if they are a large segment of Boomers, but I feel that there are at least some out there that feel the TV has a ton more credibility than anything on the "internet". I do feel that both of my parents fall into this category. I know my parents both seem to check out and rolls their eyes when I get stuff from Twitter. But then if someone in print/TV picks up the same tweet, it's "legit". I just think this is because they were newspaper readers and that's their mindset. They are not one of these people in their 60s & 70s that go out of their way to avoid upgrading technology, but they aren't anywhere close to being early adopters either....
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Too bad Obama didn’t say that, would have exploded a lot of heads
                  A live camera at FOX News would be worth the pay-per-view price to watch had Obama said that.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

This last 2.5 years has to be an elaborate hoax. The whole rest of the world is in on it. Right? It's the greatest episode of Punk'd ever, and 350 million Americans are the mark.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Thanks to dx for mentioning this guy. A good follow

Comment

You’re welcome. He’s the most terrifying read on the internet when you remember Trump has the launch codes. I’d like to think that he’d be 25Aed before the orders were followed, but I have virtually no confidence in his sycophantic inner circle.

I really don’t give a **** if trump is prosecuted after he’s out of office. I hope we prosecute everyone else. All of them.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Sorry, I don't see how you can post that Twitter thread and not emphasize this one: https://***********/atrupar/status/1155845434482548736

"I was down there too!"

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Someone had already referenced that here

Comment

Excellent article here in response to the "Trump's racism is great politics" crowd.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.ad3352e62a0f
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Someone had already referenced that here
                                Ooops, yeah. :P Well...re-posted for emphasis, let's say.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X