Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45:56 Biden Memes to Own the Cons!

\../ \../
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.

Re: POTUS 45:56 Biden Memes to Own the Cons!

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    G. K. Chesterton

The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes being corrected.
    Anyone who thinks both sides are the problem is part of the problem. I don't know if the cliche of both sides being bad was ever true; It most certainly is not true in 2019. One side is much, much worse than the other. One side wants to perpetuate the failed ideals and policies of the past. One side actively suppresses rights and courts the worst among us for their support by welcoming naked bigotry and hatred into their ranks. If you think along the lines of "both sides are bad" in 2019 at best you are a hopelessly naive dupe. At worst, you are a bad person who either does not care about others, or hates them. Which one are you joe?

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    Anyone who thinks both sides are the problem is part of the problem. I don't know if the cliche of both sides being bad was ever true; It most certainly is not true in 2019. One side is much, much worse than the other. One side wants to perpetuate the failed ideals and policies of the past. One side actively suppresses rights and courts the worst among us for their support by welcoming naked bigotry and hatred into their ranks. If you think along the lines of "both sides are bad" in 2019 at best you are a hopelessly naive dupe. At worst, you are a bad person who either does not care about others, or hates them. Which one are you joe?
    One side is worse, I will be the first to say that. However, I've come across people who want to fight violence with more violence. That is also not good. I've had people flat-out say that it's okay to assault a Nazi just because that Nazi is spewing hate (as in, not taking any physical action, just shouting really loud). While I hate "nationalists" (let's call it for what it is: white supremacists), if one stoops to that level, they are no better than the people they are going against.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Once again, Buttigieg get to the heart of an issue and states it succinctly: "We cannot allow the second amendment to be a death sentence for thousands of Americans a year." Every Democratic candidate--and member of Congress--should endorse this.

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    I saw that live on TV. Doesn't even shock anymore.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

\../ \../
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    One side is worse, I will be the first to say that. However, I've come across people who want to fight violence with more violence. That is also not good. I've had people flat-out say that it's okay to assault a Nazi just because that Nazi is spewing hate (as in, not taking any physical action, just shouting really loud). While I hate "nationalists" (let's call it for what it is: white supremacists), if one stoops to that level, they are no better than the people they are going against.
    Brent your bothsiderisms are really getting old. I hope one day you see why so many here try to point out the flaws in your arguments and thinking. Not a single person on this forum thinks someone needs to shoot up a Nazi because he says some bad words. Antifa is not killing people. And playing to the notion at all that both sides are bad as you do ALLOWS the treasonous cult that the GOP is to have idiot mouthpieces go on the air and suggest video games are the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    Brent your bothsiderisms are really getting old. I hope one day you see why so many here try to point out the flaws in your arguments and thinking. Not a single person on this forum thinks someone needs to shoot up a Nazi because he says some bad words. Antifa is not killing people. And playing to the notion at all that both sides are bad as you do ALLOWS the treasonous cult that the GOP is to have idiot mouthpieces go on the air and suggest video games are the problem.
    I didn't say shoot up. I said assault, as in a punch. I've had people flat out tell me that should be okay, and to me, that is BS. And just because one side isn't as bad, doesn't mean that side is good. Doxxing, which is a popular tactic of the antifa, is a horrible thing to do, and can ruin a life. It should be criminalized. The sooner people stop saying, "Well, at least we aren't as bad as (x)," the better off we'll be.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Lucia Apologist

You understand the punchee is a nazi, right?

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    You understand the punchee is a nazi, right?
    Yes. And they have the right to speak their opinions, no matter how much I disagree with them.

If they take physical action, that is another discussion.

He fixes the cable?

Nah. Someone that punches a Nazi is never as bad as the Nazi. Doesn't matter that the Nazi is a coward that won't back it up. If you're a Nazi, you get punched, and you don't get to complain about it.

If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar

Yes. And they have the right to speak their opinions, no matter how much I disagree with them.

If they take physical action, that is another discussion.
    No Brent, we're constantly told that "no bullying" campaigns don't work, don't bother with them, and the only way is to punch that f-cker and put em in their place. Now you're surprised that people are knocking these -ssh-les out?
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Oh joe please tell us how to save ourselves. Buy more guns? Deny more women birth control?
    Pathetic
    I've said this before and I will repeat it again for those who have forgotten.

St. John Paul II called it the "Culture of Death." We have made human life a disposable item to be discarded when it is no longer useful or is inconvenient.

We need to value, nurture, promote, etc. all human life 24/7/365, not just when it gets gunned down by a madman.

Call it the "Culture of Life" if you want.

If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar

St. John Paul II called it the "Culture of Death." We have made human life a disposable item to be discarded when it is no longer useful or is inconvenient.

We need to value, nurture, promote, etc. all human life 24/7/365, not just when it gets gunned down by a madman.

Tell that to the occupants of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Quote Originally Posted by state of hockey View Post
    Nah. Someone that punches a Nazi is never as bad as the Nazi. Doesn't matter that the Nazi is a coward that won't back it up. If you're a Nazi, you get punched, and you don't get to complain about it.
    I will not apologize for defending free speech, which is a basic right in this country. I will also say that what you say comes with consequences, but those consequences should not include violence.

So sayeth one of the few supporters of the death penalty on this board. Pot, meet kettle.

I will not apologize for defending free speech, which is a basic right in this country. I will also say that what you say comes with consequences, but those consequences should not include violence.
    The elimination of the fighting words doctrine is still one of the things I think SCOTUS got wrong. There are things that are said with the intent to provoke the other person, and the other person shouldn't be seen as the aggressor in such cases.

Quote Originally Posted by unofan View Post
    The elimination of the fighting words doctrine is still one of the things I think SCOTUS got wrong. There are things that are said with the intent to provoke the other person, and the other person shouldn't be seen as the aggressor in such cases.
    I can respect that opinion, although I disagree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Tell that to the occupants of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
    It's not just DC. It's Albany, Sacramento, Annapolis, Juneau, Boston, Salem, and every state in the Union. We've gone mad. Don't like em, need em or want em? Kill em! Kill them for convenience sake. Kill them because you don't like them. Kill them because they're a burden. Kill them for the sheer joy of killing.

My God. What have we become?!

Any change needs to start in the villages, the towns, and the cities. From Houghton to Houston. From Los Angeles to Lowell. From Boston to Boise.

Start small - build the groundswell. Change the attitudes. Then our political and judicial masters will listen and the course will change.

(That old Coke commercial comes to mind, but that's too saccharine, but you get the idea.)

He fixes the cable?
    Oh they can say it. I'm not saying throw them in prison. I'm saying people can punch them and not be "just as bad."

Apartheid Loving Conservadem!

Quote Originally Posted by state of hockey View Post
    No but if you punch a Nazi there should be consequences. You cant just allow people to hit people because they disagree with the words they said. That is a terrible precedent to set.

Mind you you dont have to throw the book at the puncher, but there needs to be some sort of punishment. In this country people have the right to have awful and hateful opinions.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Thread Information