Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45:56 Biden Memes to Own the Cons!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Apparently the chairman of Marvel is a big Trump donor. No more avengers movies for this household.
    Yeah it has caused ripples in the company and with parent company Di$ney.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      They did look different, though. You're not seeing them with earlier eyes. There was a time in our history when each* of those groups except the French were not considered "white." It is obvious to me that within 25 years Latinos will be "white."

* Though I don't know what a "Squarehead" is. That's a new one to me.
      Didn't watch Deadwood, huh?

Not sure of the exact nationality, but our board friends from the Midwest can explain. Believe they're people of Norweigian and similar Scandinavian decent who settled much of the plains states and upper Midwest in the 1800's. The sheep farmers as opposed to the cattle ranchers. So named for their squarish facial features.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45:56 Biden Memes to Own the Cons!

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        Didn't watch Deadwood, huh?
        Nope, but from what I've gathered here I should.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Not sure of the exact nationality, but our board friends from the Midwest can explain. Believe they're people of Norweigian and similar Scandinavian decent who settled much of the plains states and upper Midwest in the 1800's. The sheep farmers as opposed to the cattle ranchers. So named for their squarish facial features.
          Interesting. I think Scandinavians were always considered "white," along with English, French, and Germans.

My general idea of racial categories circa 1850 and the rough year in which they became "white":

White (English, Welsh, German, Scandinavian, French)

1880 Celtic (Irish, Scottish)

1900 Baltic (Polish, Ruthenian, Lithuanian, Latvian, Estonian, Finnish)

1920 Mediterranean (Spanish, Italian, Greek)

1930 Slavic (Russian, Czech, Slovak, Ukrainian, Slovene)

1950 Jewish

Coming soon:

Balkan

Turko-Hunic

Berber

Iranic

Arab

Latino
          Last edited by Kepler; 08-14-2019, 07:58 AM.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Interesting. I think Scandinavians were always considered "white," along with English, French, and Germans.
            They are. Still didn't stop them from experiencing discrimination and prejudice from "real 'Muricans" afraid these newcomers were gonna steal their jobs and destroy their way of life.

Nothing changes in America. There's always a new underclass to hate, and blame for your lack of success or misfortune

Comment

Speaking of meme's, this... doesn't seem like a bad place?

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Radicalization

President Donald Trump has repeatedly refused to accept any responsibility for inciting violence in American communities, dismissing critics who have pointed to his rhetoric as a potential source of inspiration for some citizens acting on even long-held beliefs of bigotry and hate.

"I think my rhetoric brings people together," he said last week, four days after a 21-year-old allegedly posted an anti-immigrant screed online and then allegedly opened fire at a Walmart in El Paso, Texas, killing 22 and injuring dozens of others.

But a nationwide review conducted by ABC News has identified at least 36 criminal cases where Trump was invoked in direct connection with violent acts, threats of violence or allegations of assault.

In nine cases, perpetrators hailed Trump in the midst or immediate aftermath of physically attacking innocent victims. In another 10 cases, perpetrators cheered or defended Trump while taunting or threatening others. And in another 10 cases, Trump and his rhetoric were cited in court to explain a defendant's violent or threatening behavior.

Seven cases involved violent or threatening acts perpetrated in defiance of Trump, with many of them targeting Trump's allies in Congress. But the vast majority of the cases -- 29 of the 36 -- reflect someone echoing presidential rhetoric, not protesting it.

ABC News could not find a single criminal case filed in federal or state court where an act of violence or threat was made in the name of President Barack Obama or President George W. Bush.

The 36 cases identified by ABC News are remarkable in that a link to the president is captured in court documents and police statements, under the penalty of perjury or contempt.
                Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  They are. Still didn't stop them from experiencing discrimination and prejudice from "real 'Muricans" afraid these newcomers were gonna steal their jobs and destroy their way of life.

Nothing changes in America. There's always a new underclass to hate, and blame for your lack of success or misfortune
                  As evidenced by the surname changes. Many are still pronounced the same, but are spelled differently. They were too German looking. Nilsson became Nelson, Karlsson became Carlson, etc.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Y'all been reading the poem wrong: https://***********/joshtpm/status/1161423652962918400

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                      As evidenced by the surname changes. Many are still pronounced the same, but are spelled differently. They were too German looking. Nilsson became Nelson, Karlsson became Carlson, etc.
                      It all depended on the inflection the immigrant spoke and what the immigration officer heard when filling the paperwork out. Dionne became Young.

My Grandmother thanks the Detroit Tigers bullpen, especially Joaquín Benoit, in helping crack spelling/pronunciation issues with her work in tracking the family tree.

To this day, she jokes that he's a cousin because of his name. (We couldn't be further from the Dominican Republic in our family tree.) It just helped her track down the spelling of a distant relative from Quebec.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Unlikely.

He once slapped Donald Jr for wearing a baseball cap when they were going to leave for a Yankees game.
                        Let's be honest, would you pass up on any reason at all to slap that smarmy jerk of an idiot?
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

This is not a uniquely American character flaw.

When the great-great-grandfather responsible for my surname arrived from Norway the spelling wasn't changed, but the pronunciation went from "krow-oog" to just "krow" (rhymes with cow in both instances).
                          Last edited by Slap Shot; 08-14-2019, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            This is not a uniquely American character flaw.

When the great-great-grandfather responsible for my surname arrived from Norway the spelling wasn't changed, but the pronunciation went from "krow-oog" to just "krow" (rhymes with cow in both instances).
                            Never said it was. But there are many, even on this board, who get quite angry if you refer to America and its past in anything other than gushing praise about how perfect it is.

Only Donald Trump can talk chit about America, its states and cities, and its people, and not get criticized by The Right for it.

Comment

Subscribed.
                              Cornell University

Comment

"Our institutions will save us," they said...

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X