Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    If you like. BTW, McElroy liked at least one of the tweets, so there is some support for what Sadeghpour wrote.

Edit: Houston Field House also liked it. Is that Norris?
    There's a few staffers including Norris who run the HFH twitter

Quote Originally Posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    I agree that Zieky could be what we are looking for, but it is still a very small sample size. I surely hope he continues. I would love to see a 20 goal scorer on this team.
    I'm gonna go out on a limb there are no 20 goal scorers on this roster maybe I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb there are no 20 goal scorers on this roster maybe I'm wrong.
    IMO, Zieky is possible, but probably you are correct.

Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Quote Originally Posted by turk181 View Post
    Women can be fickle.
    Also the women's team's coach turned back into a pumpkin late in the 3rd period.

Upon rereading this it sounds like I was referring to Bryan Vines. Maybe I was.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-03-2019 at 03:39 AM.

mascot extraordinaire

In an excellent broadcast today, , the football team defeated Buffalo St. 28-26.

Quote Originally Posted by jericho View Post
    In an excellent broadcast today, , the football team defeated Buffalo St. 28-26.
    Since I didn't listen, does that mean that you were one of the announcers?

I Still bleed RPI Red

Quote Originally Posted by jericho View Post
    i had higher hopes for this team for the year. especially after their showing last year. But when you can only score 3 points against WPI, fall behind a very mediocre at best SLU team 35-0 before you even can score, and then beat Buffalo State (a team with I believe only 1 victory) by 2 points, well, what should we now expect against a powerful Ithaca team and an undefeated Union club??? Certainly we are not an NCAA tournament team but perhaps we might get an extra game at the end of the season in a more minor bowl.
    Maybe, just maybe, this is the year for the hockey team to again outshine the football team and garner the bulk of the support?
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    iMaybe, just maybe, this is the year for the hockey team to again outshine the football team and garner the bulk of the support?
    That would certainly be returning toward the norm for the years where we have been following RPI sports.

With the Liberty League men's soccer semifinals and finals scheduled for the ECAV this weekend, I thought there might be either a football/soccer doubleheader against Ithaca or a soccer/hockey doubleheader against Clarkson in the works for Saturday. However, if the Liberty League schedule is to be believed, apparently neither will be the case.

Edit - well, actually, it will be. See next post.
    Last edited by Waite21; 11-04-2019 at 03:21 PM. Reason: updated information

Updating the previous post --

Although the Liberty League's website originally indicated that RPI's top-seeded soccer team would play the winner of Tuesday's game between #3 Vassar and #6 RIT, the website has now been corrected to indicate that RPI's soccer team will, in fact, play at 4:00 Saturday against the winner of Tuesday's game between #4 Clarkson and #5 Ithaca. This agrees with the information shown on the RPIathletics website.

This is what I would have expected, although I'm not altogether sure it's what RPI's team would have wanted. Although Vassar ended the season in third place on a tiebreaker, both Clarkson and Ithaca have much better overall records than either Vassar or RIT, so RPI may actually have a tougher matchup on Saturday than #2 Hobart will.

I understand it's supposed to be doggone cold in Troy on Saturday, so I'm not sure how eager Ralph is to go to an RPI sports tripleheader involving two outdoor games.

Quote Originally Posted by Waite21 View Post
    Updating the previous post --

Although the Liberty League's website originally indicated that RPI's top-seeded soccer team would play the winner of Tuesday's game between #3 Vassar and #6 RIT, the website has now been corrected to indicate that RPI's soccer team will, in fact, play at 4:00 Saturday against the winner of Tuesday's game between #4 Clarkson and #5 Ithaca. This agrees with the information shown on the RPIathletics website.

This is what I would have expected, although I'm not altogether sure it's what RPI's team would have wanted. Although Vassar ended the season in third place on a tiebreaker, both Clarkson and Ithaca have much better overall records than either Vassar or RIT, so RPI may actually have a tougher matchup on Saturday than #2 Hobart will.

I understand it's supposed to be doggone cold in Troy on Saturday, so I'm not sure how eager Ralph is to go to an RPI sports tripleheader involving two outdoor games.
    I have absolutely no intention of going to those games. I wouldn't be able to stay awake.

I miss Tie Domi

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Execellent !! Are we surprised by this ? Didn't many here view Kjellberg as almost an afterthought to this year's incoming class ? I've liked a lot of what I've seen of him so far...has a very quick shot release from the point
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    Execellent !! Are we surprised by this ? Didn't many here view Kjellberg as almost an afterthought to this year's incoming class ? I've liked a lot of what I've seen of him so far...has a very quick shot release from the point
    I am surprised because he got little ice time in Dubuque last year when he dressed.

I Still bleed RPI Red

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    i was not one who felt he was an after thought in any way. I had received very credible information that he was a young man with a very high upside potential. if this continues he could become one of the top defensemen we have had.

I Still bleed RPI Red

Forgot to post this earlier but it appears we are a favorite for Friday night. 55% vs 34% predicted win percentage and a slight 3-2 goal favorite. Not so good for Saturday as we are are the underdog 67% to 23% but only a 3-2 goal deficit. Since college hockey is just not a popular sport for betting (not enough of a point spread to make for much excitement I guess), these numbers are not likely to change much in the next couple of days.

Forgot to post this earlier but it appears we are a favorite for Friday night. 55% vs 34% predicted win percentage and a slight 3-2 goal favorite. Not so good for Saturday as we are are the underdog 67% to 23% but only a 3-2 goal deficit. Since college hockey is just not a popular sport for betting (not enough of a point spread to make for much excitement I guess), these numbers are not likely to change much in the next couple of days.
    Did they include the negative effect of my presence in the odds?

Friday should be interesting. The SLU fans are quite happy with their new coach as the team was competitive in the two games played at Clarkson last weekend (Appleton's renovation is not complete) - losing both in OT. Those were rivalry games and the coach certainly knew Clarkson's strengths and weaknesses so we'll see if the momentum carries over. In the meantime Smith and company better be poring over the tape to get tips, particularly for Saturday. We've had some ugly games versus the Golden Knights in recent years.

Thread Information