X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
    Didn't know Ken was still around the area. Is he still with the Gazette or WRGB?
    I think the Gazette.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

highlight video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF3J...ature=youtu.be
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Are there any highlights from the UMass game? The highlights on the UMass athletics website only has UMass goals...

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
            Are there any highlights from the UMass game? The highlights on the UMass athletics website only has UMass goals...
            I don't recall one. I did a look in some logical places now and didn't find one. I assume you did the same.

I did find Coach Smith's postgame vs UMass which I had not seen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDMeW6mYPMw
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

RPI apparently has slightly raised their standing in some betting circles with their showing from the first weekend. They are now listed as a very slight favorite(54%) over UConn in the rematch but the most frequently listed score is still predicted to be a 2-2 tie. They are however, a one goal favorite against Canisius with the predicted score as 3-2. Would certainly be nice to have a strong weekend and get this team up to a 3-1 record to gain some more confidence.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                RPI apparently has slightly raised their standing in some betting circles with their showing from the first weekend. They are now listed as a very slight favorite(54%) over UConn in the rematch but the most frequently listed score is still predicted to be a 2-2 tie. They are however, a one goal favorite against Canisius with the predicted score as 3-2. Would certainly be nice to have a strong weekend and get this team up to a 3-1 record to gain some more confidence.
                We certainly can sweep, but even a little letdown in either game will result in a loss.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  We certainly can sweep, but even a little letdown in either game will result in a loss.
                  Agreed. I suspect perhaps the number one effort for our coach is to find the secret of keeping this team in focus and on their toes for the full 60 minutes. Even after a few games there seems to be no question that when they are at full tilt and skating, they are much more formidable than we have had in Troy the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    Agreed. I suspect perhaps the number one effort for our coach is to find the secret of keeping this team in focus and on their toes for the full 60 minutes. Even after a few games there seems to be no question that when they are at full tilt and skating, they are much more formidable than we have had in Troy the past few years.
                    I think that more faceoff wins helps a lot.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Meaningless at this point, but we are tied for #11 in the PWR. https://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairw...kings/d-i-men/
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        I think that more faceoff wins helps a lot.
                        I've been harping on that exact point going as far back as the Allain St. Hillaire days.

Comment

This is a weekend we absolutely need to sweep to be in a good spot in the pairwise. With Canisius being in the Atlantic (and also projected to finish last), a loss would be especially disastrous to them (see North Dakota last season after Canisius swept them). With UConn looking like it will once again be a poor team so far, that game is also important to win. Unfortunately for us, Canisius provides very little reward but a huge amount of risk in terms of the pairwise. A loss to UConn would be much more manageable with them in Hockey East.

Comment

Just catching up following the weekend games. I attended the UMass game on Friday and was impressed with RPI's creativity and passing - far more time possessing the puck then in years past. A couple of bad D turnovers led to odd man rushes /goals the other way....but that's gonna happen with our young d corps against a skilled team...I know we'll clean that up as our guys gain ice time. Overall we showed a lot of grit and hustle -- UMass was never able to put us away until the late ENG. I thought that Savory was fighting the puck a little and gave ups some rebounds, not terrible just not his usual self.

Bottom line for me is that I saw progress in our offensive skill, face off wins and in effort. Look forward to seeing them again this weekend.
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Hey everyone, time for me to spam the other contest I run. Come make your picks in the ECAC Pick the Standings Contest!
                                RPI Pep Band
                                GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                                2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                                2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Working...
                                X