Page 28 of 39 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 768

Thread: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

  1. #541
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    205

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

    Quote Originally Posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    I can't believe I missed one day of posts and we are talking about firing the coach?
    What is wrong with this picture?
    Our game is so much better on the ice than the previous coach. The players are responding to the system and getting better every year.
    We finally seem to have the potential to score some goals this year and even though we allowed too many goals the past two weekends, the defense is young and will come on as the season progresses.
    We will not go from where we were the past few seasons to the top of the league in one year, but we continue to improve and lets just give it a chance to see how far we can take this.
    And one last thing, just who will replace Smith if he were fired?
    LGR
    Quote Originally Posted by puckit717 View Post
    smith has a 4 year deal correct? hes 2 down. if I was ben barr I wouldn't even interview again at rpi ever.
    Only puckit717 is talking about firing Smith. Everyone else sees the improvement in the team and the culture.
    Smith is on a 5 year deal, not a 4 year deal.

  2. #542
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    202,785

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined


  3. #543
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,497

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

    Quote Originally Posted by puckit717 View Post
    smith has a 4 year deal correct? hes 2 down. if I was ben barr I wouldn't even interview again at rpi ever.
    Ok, now I’m convinced.....Aspy changed his username Ben Barr, ben Barr....sheesh. C’mon! He’s been the so-called “hot name” for 4-5 yrs now and yet there he is, still an AC. How many openings have there been in that time?
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

  4. #544
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    13

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

    Quote Originally Posted by sezenack View Post
    Only puckit717 is talking about firing Smith. Everyone else sees the improvement in the team and the culture.
    Smith is on a 5 year deal, not a 4 year deal.
    I don't give a crap about culture. I want wins wins wins wins wins and trips to lake placid

  5. #545
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Trumbull, CT
    Posts
    1,179

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

    Quote Originally Posted by turk181 View Post
    Ok, now I’m convinced.....Aspy changed his username Ben Barr, ben Barr....sheesh. C’mon! He’s been the so-called “hot name” for 4-5 yrs now and yet there he is, still an AC. How many openings have there been in that time?
    Unfortunately for Ben, not that many if you consider the ECAC and HE to be his primary target zone. In our league only RPI and SLU have hired coaches. In HE the only new hires were at BU, UMass, UNH and Merrimack. Of those, he was a finalist at RPI, BU and UNH were “in the family” hires, and Merrimack is pretty universally viewed as a dead-end job. I assume he wasn’t a candidate at UMass (it would certainly be an unusual move to hire one of the passed over candidates to the staff) and I never heard his name associated with SLU.

    It must be frustrating for an AC to look at a limited pool of jobs, some of which you will not be considered for and others you really don’t want, waiting to get your shot.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #546
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    202,785

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

    Quote Originally Posted by rpi82 View Post
    Given the length of recruiting cycles that’s really not a lot. However, the seniors on that list have all shown potential and appear poised for breakout seasons. It’s apparent that Burgess, in particular, is finally healthy and ready to be the player that Seth recruited and Ottawa thought worthy of a relatively high draft pick.

    The advent of the graduate transfer certainly cut into the talent Seth left. Melanson, the elder Ohrvall (although he might not have gotten much ice time anyway) and Hayhurst may well have played out their senior years had they not had the option to transfer with immediate eligibility.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I had the same reaction about Burgess as you did. He has finally looked like the Burgess whom I saw in Fairbanks highlights.
    I can't wait to see him fall as he goes to join the celebration when we win in LP.

    For those who weren't paying attention then, he fell twice when joining celebrations as a junior, although one was really a slip.

  7. #547
    Conductor emeritus
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

    I feel like pretty much everyone from this thread is already over there but...

    The ECAC schedule begins this Friday, so you only have two days remaining to submit your entry to this year's ECAC Pick The Standings Contest. Follow the link and all you need to do is project the final standings and see how well your predictions match up with other fans on the board along with the media and coaches over the course of the season.
    RPI Pep Band
    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

    2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

  8. #548
    I miss Tie Domi
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Between the Pipes
    Posts
    9,052

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

    Quote Originally Posted by puckit717 View Post
    I don't give a crap about culture. I want wins wins wins wins wins and trips to lake placid
    We'll let you go knock on Bill Belicheck's door and preach to him about the irrelevance of culture. ...ha haaaaa Last I checked the Patriot Way was "a thing" and all they do is stack up wins wins wins wins wins (and Lombardi Trophies).
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

  9. #549
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    202,785

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined


  10. #550
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    13

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

    Quote Originally Posted by rpi82 View Post
    Unfortunately for Ben, not that many if you consider the ECAC and HE to be his primary target zone. In our league only RPI and SLU have hired coaches. In HE the only new hires were at BU, UMass, UNH and Merrimack. Of those, he was a finalist at RPI, BU and UNH were “in the family” hires, and Merrimack is pretty universally viewed as a dead-end job. I assume he wasn’t a candidate at UMass (it would certainly be an unusual move to hire one of the passed over candidates to the staff) and I never heard his name associated with SLU.

    It must be frustrating for an AC to look at a limited pool of jobs, some of which you will not be considered for and others you really don’t want, waiting to get your shot.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016-17 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 21 11 7 .628 x
    2015-16 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 12 22 5 .372
    2014-15 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 18 12 7 .581
    2013-14 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 17 21 3 .451
    2012-13 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 19 19 5 .500 x x
    2011-12 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 10 22 4 .333
    2010-11 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 13 19 6 .421
    2009-10 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 17 15 5 .527
    2008-09 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 15 16 6 .486
    2007-08 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 11 20 6 .378
    2006-07 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 9 23 3 .300
    2005-06 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 10 23 2 .314

    and that's with the awful conference that is

  11. #551
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    2

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

    Quote Originally Posted by puckit717 View Post
    2016-17 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 21 11 7 .628 x
    2015-16 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 12 22 5 .372
    2014-15 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 18 12 7 .581
    2013-14 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 17 21 3 .451
    2012-13 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 19 19 5 .500 x x
    2011-12 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 10 22 4 .333
    2010-11 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 13 19 6 .421
    2009-10 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 17 15 5 .527
    2008-09 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 15 16 6 .486
    2007-08 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 11 20 6 .378
    2006-07 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 9 23 3 .300
    2005-06 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 10 23 2 .314

    and that's with the awful conference that is
    If you are trying to point out DS's record prior to RPI (regardless if he was in Atlantic or not) ........here's a reminder of what we endured under SA:

    2006-07 R.P.I. ECAC 36 10 18 8 0 0.389
    2007-08 R.P.I. ECAC 38 11 23 4 0 0.342
    2008-09 R.P.I. ECAC 39 10 27 2 0 0.282
    2009-10 R.P.I. ECAC 39 18 17 4 0 0.513
    2010-11 R.P.I. ECAC 38 20 13 5 0 0.592
    2011-12 R.P.I. ECAC 39 12 24 3 0 0.346
    2012-13 R.P.I. ECAC 22 12 7 3 0 0.614
    2013-14 R.P.I. ECAC 22 8 9 5 0 0.477
    2014-15 R.P.I. ECAC 41 12 26 3 0 0.329
    2015-16 R.P.I. ECAC 40 18 15 7 0 0.538
    2016-17 R.P.I. ECAC 37 8 28 1 0 0.230

  12. #552
    I Still bleed RPI Red
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Adirondacks/NJ Shore
    Posts
    42,950

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

    Surprising betting trend showing for the upcoming weekend. Union is about a one goal favorite for the Friday night game at 3-2 with a win percentage of 59% vs a win percentage for RPI of 30% (the remainder of course being a tie). But Saturday is currently listed as a 2-2 tie with Union having a better possible win percentage of 49% to RPI's 40%. Apparently the Union 0-6 record is being a tad discounted along with their performance against UMass. RPI is apparently getting little respect for either of the two wins or the more respectable performance against UMass. I suspect that none of this disrespect for either of these two programs will be changed much after this weekend regardless of who wins even both games. However I think if one team loses both games that will be held strongly against them. In other words, we best not get swept!!! Go Red!!
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

  13. #553
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Side, HFH
    Posts
    1,240

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

    Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    Surprising betting trend showing for the upcoming weekend. Union is about a one goal favorite for the Friday night game at 3-2 with a win percentage of 59% vs a win percentage for RPI of 30% (the remainder of course being a tie). But Saturday is currently listed as a 2-2 tie with Union having a better possible win percentage of 49% to RPI's 40%. Apparently the Union 0-6 record is being a tad discounted along with their performance against UMass. RPI is apparently getting little respect for either of the two wins or the more respectable performance against UMass. I suspect that none of this disrespect for either of these two programs will be changed much after this weekend regardless of who wins even both games. However I think if one team loses both games that will be held strongly against them. In other words, we best not get swept!!! Go Red!!
    Despite the records, we should never underestimate Union. Recall our home loss against UConn after we beat them in Hartford! Based on our 10-12 year record against Union, we should take nothing for granted!

    This needs to be a week of solid practices pointing us towards a determined, workman-like effort this weekend.
    Last edited by fr. joe; 10-23-2019 at 10:26 PM.

  14. #554
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    202,785

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined


  15. #555
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    202,785

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

    Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    Surprising betting trend showing for the upcoming weekend. Union is about a one goal favorite for the Friday night game at 3-2 with a win percentage of 59% vs a win percentage for RPI of 30% (the remainder of course being a tie). But Saturday is currently listed as a 2-2 tie with Union having a better possible win percentage of 49% to RPI's 40%. Apparently the Union 0-6 record is being a tad discounted along with their performance against UMass. RPI is apparently getting little respect for either of the two wins or the more respectable performance against UMass. I suspect that none of this disrespect for either of these two programs will be changed much after this weekend regardless of who wins even both games. However I think if one team loses both games that will be held strongly against them. In other words, we best not get swept!!! Go Red!!
    There is probably quite a bit of latency from past seasons. In any case, as a rivalry game a lot can be thrown out of the window. We beat UC in the coaches' fight game despite it being Union's championship season/

  16. #556
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    13

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    There is probably quite a bit of latency from past seasons. In any case, as a rivalry game a lot can be thrown out of the window. We beat UC in the coaches' fight game despite it being Union's championship season/
    buy low sell high bennet missed his opportunity

  17. #557
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,497

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

    Hope you get the data you require?
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

  18. #558
    I miss Tie Domi
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Between the Pipes
    Posts
    9,052

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Vielen Dank für die Überlassung der umfangreichen Datensammlungen ehemaliger jüdicher Einwohner asu Deutschland. Für mich ist dies fast unglaublich. Ich werde bestimmt einige Wochen benötigen mich hier durchzuarbeiten. Wenn auch ich Ihnen Daten aus meiner Sammlung zur Verfügung stellen kann, dann bitte ich um Ihre Wünsche.

    Im Oktober 2013 übersandte ich an Herrn Piepenbrink eine Kopie Ihrer Anfage und meine bisher gesammelten Daten zu den ehemaligen jüdischen Einwohner der Gemeinden Billigheim und Ingelheim. Eine Antwort, trotz mehrer Nachfragen, blieb bis heute aus. Nach meiner Kenntnis hat sich Herr Piepenbrink zwischenzeitlich diesem Thema verstärkt angenommen und kann Ihnen eine weitgehnde Datensammlung dieser Geminden zur Verfügung stellen.
    Sprechen sie what ? Ralph have you been hacked ??
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

  19. #559
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    202,785

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

    Quote Originally Posted by turk181 View Post
    Hope you get the data you require?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    Sprechen sie what ? Ralph have you been hacked ??
    Well, at least it wasn't a link to porn.

  20. #560
    Auf dem Weg zur Nummer 1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    505

    Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Vielen Dank für die Überlassung der umfangreichen Datensammlungen ehemaliger jüdicher Einwohner asu Deutschland. Für mich ist dies fast unglaublich. Ich werde bestimmt einige Wochen benötigen mich hier durchzuarbeiten. Wenn auch ich Ihnen Daten aus meiner Sammlung zur Verfügung stellen kann, dann bitte ich um Ihre Wünsche.

    Im Oktober 2013 übersandte ich an Herrn Piepenbrink eine Kopie Ihrer Anfage und meine bisher gesammelten Daten zu den ehemaligen jüdischen Einwohner der Gemeinden Billigheim und Ingelheim. Eine Antwort, trotz mehrer Nachfragen, blieb bis heute aus. Nach meiner Kenntnis hat sich Herr Piepenbrink zwischenzeitlich diesem Thema verstärkt angenommen und kann Ihnen eine weitgehnde Datensammlung dieser Geminden zur Verfügung stellen.
    Nothing in here has to do with hockey...(unless you are interested about the jews data as well )

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 4 guests)

  1. NPC19850330

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •