Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

PUCKMAN RULES!!!

Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

Quote Originally Posted by sezenack View Post

Check out Red Army's Season Preview!
    Great job. It is appreciated.
    Will you be able to get in on the scores thread this season? Even if only during the intermissions, your input would be of real interest during the games.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
    Gary Player

I miss Tie Domi

Check out Red Army's Season Preview!
    Thanks for the work and enthusiasm ! I can only hope we achieve the record you've predicted....but until I see consistent scoring, any double digit win total will continue to be a struggle. I feel like Marshall is set for a bounce back season and will push Savory for ice time...just a hunch. Looking forward to kicking things off on Saturday!
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Thank you guys for all the positive feedback! I am making a big effort this season to get more students interested in the team, and I hope the team being more successful will coincide with the efforts to really boost it. We posted a breakdown of the out-of-conference schedule this morning. I won't post here anymore with our articles since I do not want to spam with the regular previews and analysis. I recommend that you follow Red Army on twitter if you want to be updated whenever we release a new article.

I miss Tie Domi

I noticed in the Ch. 13 preview piece that one of the forwards is wearing a yellow helmet (no contact I'm assuming ??). My eyes aren't nearly good enough to tell who it is, perhaps Ashbrook.

https://wnyt.com/sports/rpi-hockey-h...12338/?cat=256
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

I miss Tie Domi

Thank you guys for all the positive feedback! I am making a big effort this season to get more students interested in the team, and I hope the team being more successful will coincide with the efforts to really boost it. We posted a breakdown of the out-of-conference schedule this morning. I won't post here anymore with our articles since I do not want to spam with the regular previews and analysis. I recommend that you follow Red Army on twitter if you want to be updated whenever we release a new article.
    I am following your account on Twitter, but I see nothing wrong about posting links here.

I miss Tie Domi

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Makes perfect sense....

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    I noticed in the Ch. 13 preview piece that one of the forwards is wearing a yellow helmet (no contact I'm assuming ??). My eyes aren't nearly good enough to tell who it is, perhaps Ashbrook.

https://wnyt.com/sports/rpi-hockey-h...12338/?cat=256
    It's definitely not Ashbrook, I saw him elsewhere in the video. I saw a 2 as the first number, maybe Polino?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I am following your account on Twitter, but I see nothing wrong about posting links here.
    I just didn't want to spam since they'll be somewhat frequent, but if people do not mind, I can continue doing it.

I just didn't want to spam since they'll be somewhat frequent, but if people do not mind, I can continue doing it.
    I enjoyed the write up . Nice to see a student interested. Some points of note ... your line and d pairing predictions as of this weekend you have 1 d pairing correct and no line combo's. Your PP lines although a good try aren't correct either. I would suspect the same with the PK units.

CHN released their first podcast of the season. A question asked towards the end at about 47:50 is which teams picked to finish outside of the top 5 of their conference that will be better than expected and make some noise. RPI is mentioned at about 54:15 for the ECAC and is talked about for about a minute.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ontheair/

In honor of Simon Kjellberg and Kendra Farole, today is 3 October 2019. There are 2 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.

Has anyone noticed that Brock has a Friday night game in St. Catherines at 7:15 P.M. It will be done at around 9:45 P.M. Add about another 45 minuted to shower, dress and load the equipment on the bus and its' around 10:30 P.M. Then its' about 6 hours to Troy making there arrival time at a hotel about 4:30 A.M. on Saturday.

Only other choice they have is to go home and board the bus at around 6:00 A.M. on Saturday and arrive in Troy at about noon for a 4 P.M. game.

Either option spells no sleep, little sleep nor getting the right kind of sleep.

They should be little more than zombies by the time warm up starts at the Field House on Saturday.

Kind of leaves us with little in the way of excuses if we do not at least look good despite it being our very first game and their fifth.

PUCKMAN RULES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tony/troy View Post
    Has anyone noticed that Brock has a Friday night game in St. Catherines at 7:15 P.M. It will be done at around 9:45 P.M. Add about another 45 minuted to shower, dress and load the equipment on the bus and its' around 10:30 P.M. Then its' about 6 hours to Troy making there arrival time at a hotel about 4:30 A.M. on Saturday.

Only other choice they have is to go home and board the bus at around 6:00 A.M. on Saturday and arrive in Troy at about noon for a 4 P.M. game.

Either option spells no sleep, little sleep nor getting the right kind of sleep.

They should be little more than zombies by the time warm up starts at the Field House on Saturday.

Kind of leaves us with little in the way of excuses if we do not at least look good despite it being our very first game and their fifth.
    If that is correct, and I have no reason to doubt it, we will learn very little from this game.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin
    Gary Player

Quote Originally Posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    If that is correct, and I have no reason to doubt it, we will learn very little from this game.
    In my opinion, you rarely learn anything of value from these D1 vs. other exhibition games. The coaches are usually throwing a bone to players who won't crack the regular season line-ups; for that reason the line combinations are all messed up; the competition is generally sub par; and the D1 side is playing to avoid season-ending injuries, among other things. What's to like?

Quote Originally Posted by RPI22Parent View Post
    I enjoyed the write up . Nice to see a student interested. Some points of note ... your line and d pairing predictions as of this weekend you have 1 d pairing correct and no line combo's. Your PP lines although a good try aren't correct either. I would suspect the same with the PK units.
    I too enjoyed the write-up, but the line combo guesses are the only part I didnít like. The lines are going to change throughout the year, players are going to come in and out of the lineup. Itís just the nature of hockey, you need your entire team throughout the season. I just donít see any reason to post one and exclude some players who will likely contribute to the season.
    Keep the thoughts coming though, very much appreciated.

I'm an Implant Engineer

Really like the analysis and enthusiasm, nice breath of fresh air. Look forward to updates through the season. LGR!
    Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

PUCKMAN RULES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
    In my opinion, you rarely learn anything of value from these D1 vs. other exhibition games. What's to like?
    I kind of like a hockey game. It has been too long since we have had the opportunity to see the Engineers play.
    Benjamin Franklin
    Gary Player

PUCKMAN RULES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rsfs04 View Post
    I too enjoyed the write-up, but the line combo guesses are the only part I didnít like. The lines are going to change throughout the year, players are going to come in and out of the lineup. Itís just the nature of hockey, you need your entire team throughout the season. I just donít see any reason to post one and exclude some players who will likely contribute to the season.
    Keep the thoughts coming though, very much appreciated.
    The reason to post things like line combinations and player participation is to start a dialogue. Isn't that what being a sports fan is all about.
    Keep the conversation going. Make some predictions. Its fun.
    Benjamin Franklin
    Gary Player

Thread Information