Page 1 of 42 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

Practice has begun, let's do this!

Re: Wisconsin Hockey 2019-2020: Time to Get Offensive

I am an avid hockey fan for more than 50 years. I prefer Junior and College hockey to pro hockey. I have a fairly good understanding to the complexities of Junior hockey throughout North America but I am still trying to learn the ins and outs of the different leagues and levels of College hockey. I am hoping that some of you can illuminate me. I see that some of the teams are starting to practice now? Whereas others such as ECAC teams seem to start at the end of August/ beginning of September. Is this by choice or do the different leagues have different rules? Is this governed by the conference or by the NCAA? I am hoping that someone can give a little summary. Thanks.

Let's go RED!

The one area I lack knowledge ("one" area LOL right?) on is who is a C, who is a W and who can play C or W in order to put workable lines together. Are there any dedicated C's on the team?

Also are Almquist, Malmquist, Bolin, Stevens or De Saint Phalle in attendance right now?
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by woodenskates View Post
    I am an avid hockey fan for more than 50 years. I prefer Junior and College hockey to pro hockey. I have a fairly good understanding to the complexities of Junior hockey throughout North America but I am still trying to learn the ins and outs of the different leagues and levels of College hockey. I am hoping that some of you can illuminate me. I see that some of the teams are starting to practice now? Whereas others such as ECAC teams seem to start at the end of August/ beginning of September. Is this by choice or do the different leagues have different rules? Is this governed by the conference or by the NCAA? I am hoping that someone can give a little summary. Thanks.
    Hey Wooden. I am hardly an expert but the NCAA dictates the rules. Every four years teams can take an international trip which allows them extra practices, which is the case for UW this year. Hope that helps.

Thumbs up on the new thread name DPlaya!

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    The one area I lack knowledge ("one" area LOL right?) on is who is a C, who is a W and who can play C or W in order to put workable lines together. Are there any dedicated C's on the team?

Also are Almquist, Malmquist, Bolin, Stevens or De Saint Phalle in attendance right now?
    I think potential centers are Turcotte, Holloway, Lindmark, Baker, Donovan and Mersch. Most guys can play wing if they can play center. Elite Prospects is a good place to look for positions and which side they play.

I personally like Turcotte, Holloway, Lindmark and Mersch down the middle.

None of the guys you mentioned above are there to my knowledge.
    Last edited by DPlaya; 07-09-2019 at 01:57 PM.

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by DPlaya View Post
    I think potential centers are Turcotte, Holloway, Lindmark, Baker, Donovan and Mersch. Most guys can play wing if they can play center. Elite Prospects is a good place to look for positions and which side they play.

I personally like Turcotte, Holloway, Lindmark and Mersch down the middle.

None of the guys you mentioned above are there to my knowledge.
    That will clean up the recruiting spreadsheet assuming they aren't arriving in the fall. We should reach out for confirmation with TDM perhaps. I wonder what his recruit sheet says.

SIEVE chant & BUD SONG originators
    Quote Originally Posted by DPlaya View Post
    Practice has begun, let's do this!
    I'm as offensive as it gets, so LET'S GO!

Well done, D!

Quote Originally Posted by MadCityRich View Post
    I'm as offensive as it gets, so LET'S GO!

Well done, D!
    Thanks Rich and TJK. My first ever thread! Hope it is offensive to all other teams.

Let's go RED!

The Hammer and Linus are still in Europe loafing around with their families until early August. I'm a little surprised TG wouldn't demand they were here. I guess he has a bigger heart than I thought.

On the radio this morning, Posick said something along the lines of:
    Turcotte and the Kings both agree that UW is the right place for him this year, didn't seem like there had been much discussion.
    Caufield gave an expected non-answer when asked about what would happen if he was invited to the regular training camp. Something similar to "It would be an amazing opportunity, we'd have to evaluate that if it happened, I'm excited to be here to experience college"

"Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Quote Originally Posted by KaMiGo View Post
    On the radio this morning, Posick said something along the lines of:
    Turcotte and the Kings both agree that UW is the right place for him this year, didn't seem like there had been much discussion.
    Caufield gave an expected non-answer when asked about what would happen if he was invited to the regular training camp. Something similar to "It would be an amazing opportunity, we'd have to evaluate that if it happened, I'm excited to be here to experience college"
    Yes, and Caufield said something to the affect of looking forward to playing college "this year." Made it sound like one and done for sure. Not that surprising....

Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    Yes, and Caufield said something to the affect of looking forward to playing college "this year." Made it sound like one and done for sure. Not that surprising....
    Turcotte sounds like a hard go for this year.

Caufield hasn't given a solid, "Yes I'll be in Madison this season." I would think it would be the other way around, player wise. Dropping in the draft should tell him to go to college for at least a year, get physically stronger, faster, etc. I sure hope he's getting good advice (for us fans )
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

If Caulfield thinks hes ready for the Show now hell be educated very quickly by NHL D.

He should talk with Dany Heatley.

July 10th interview with Dylan Holloway is worth a listen.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/960/pat-steinberg/
    Last edited by DPlaya; 07-12-2019 at 01:39 PM.

Bill Brophy is a ****ing legend. Looooooong time puckhead.

Broph is the Bob Norton of WI hockey...or should I say, Bob Norton is the Bill Brophy of MA hockey.

Wisconsin Badgers Crease Creature

Are they raising ticket prices this year?

I logged into the "Badger Select" site and realized that the half-season packages are up to $240, which it also says on the ticket information page. https://uwbadgers.com/sports/2015/08...140101616.aspx ...where they claim an over 16% discount per game if you get season tickets.

If I click through to the page for single-game tickets - https://uwbadgers.com/sports/2015/08...140101617.aspx - It has the same 24/20 pricing structure as always. Now, it's possible they haven't updated it in a few years and will get around to changing it, but either way, there's some stupidity going on.

Quote Originally Posted by WiscDC View Post
    Are they raising ticket prices this year?

I logged into the "Badger Select" site and realized that the half-season packages are up to $240, which it also says on the ticket information page. https://uwbadgers.com/sports/2015/08...140101616.aspx ...where they claim an over 16% discount per game if you get season tickets.

If I click through to the page for single-game tickets - https://uwbadgers.com/sports/2015/08...140101617.aspx - It has the same 24/20 pricing structure as always. Now, it's possible they haven't updated it in a few years and will get around to changing it, but either way, there's some stupidity going on.
    It's due to the playoff games. You prepay for those and then are refunded if they aren't used. So there are more games at $20 / game season ticket pricing.....

Thread Information