X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

Currently we only have a 5% chance at Lake Placid
    According to playoffstatus.com anyways. Not sure if this is based on KRACH or something else

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
      The band has indeed been told to play less in favor of piped in music and "fun jumbotron things" during the game which in theory help increase fan engagement. No one is happy about this.
      This has been told to me by band members as well. HFH is slowly getting the life sucked out of it... I've been jokingly alluding to starting to attend Union games...but if games like this past weekend become the norm, they'll leave me no choice. Painful to watch.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
        Currently we only have a 5% chance at Lake Placid
        According to playoffstatus.com anyways. Not sure if this is based on KRACH or something else
        It's based on their own model which is very black-boxy and has been outright wrong in the past (saying things were clinched or impossible when they obviously were not). I'm not a fan.
        RPI Pep Band
        GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
        🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
        2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
        2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

It's based on their own model which is very black-boxy and has been outright wrong in the past (saying things were clinched or impossible when they obviously were not). I'm not a fan.
          I am sure that you could continue each of your Monte Carlo simulations to calculate the chance of each school going to LP and the chance for each winning the tourney. (At the cost of more computer time.)
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thanks for the info. Guess I'll have to take it with a grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
              Agreed we are according to USCHO RPI rankings #50 of 60 and our 6 wins are #35 UConn/#60 Caniaus x2/#56 St.Lawrance/#55 Brown/#58 Union and throw in a tie w/#57 Princeton not sure that's the pond we want to be swimming in. If Ralph or anyone feels we have the horses on the ground or In the que to move the needle 25 spots to maybe a top 25 team I'm all ears but at this point check me off in the skeptic column JMO
              The Brown victory is important. I was ready to write off the season and possibly the next 2. As you point out we are playing a little over .500 hockey against the bottom college teams. Loses to Union #58,
              Yale $50, Merrimack #43, Connecticut #32. These teams would have lower rankings if they hadn't beaten RPI. Brown win provides hope for home ice maybe with some fans.

Comment

Originally posted by RPI67 View Post
                The Brown victory is important. I was ready to write off the season and possibly the next 2. As you point out we are playing a little over .500 hockey against the bottom college teams. Loses to Union #58,
                Yale $50, Merrimack #43, Connecticut #32. These teams would have lower rankings if they hadn't beaten RPI. Brown win provides hope for home ice maybe with some fans.
                Considering how poorly many of the other ECAC teams are performing, there certainly is hope for a 5th to 8th place finish and home ice. We are there at the moment although a bit precarious.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Without comment by me.

From the WJAC.

https://hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/nation...ry?gameid=2751 and https://teamusa.usahockey.com/news_article/show/1070478.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Salt meet wound.... oof.
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      Considering how poorly many of the other ECAC teams are performing, there certainly is hope for a 5th to 8th place finish and home ice. We are there at the moment although a bit precarious.
                      Precarious for sure...the lack of scoring of late is troubling to say the least. When they play a 200' game and challenge puck handlers and finish checks they are a solid team. Thus far they have been unable or unwilling to do it for 60 mins.

Comment

i wish with out a peer would make a return. we have the easiest schedule in ncaa currently. does smith have no confidence in marshall or savory that he started a cold transfer in his first eligible game?

Comment

Originally posted by puckit717 View Post
                          i wish with out a peer would make a return. we have the easiest schedule in ncaa currently. does smith have no confidence in marshall or savory that he started a cold transfer in his first eligible game?
                          Actually it was his second eligible game (the Yale game was the first). I can’t really say whether or not Smith has “no confidence” in either Marshall or Savory. Maybe he just wanted to change things up or send a message to the other 2 goalies that no starting role is a given.
                          And yes, I miss Without A Peer also...

Comment

The other two goalies have not been very good their last couple of games. The "cold transfer" played better than the other two, so I guess Smith knew what he was doing.
                            Now we have a real competition for the starting goalie going forward, and that is not a bad thing.
                            Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                            Benjamin Franklin
                            The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                            Gary Player

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It might be OK to assume Smith has no allegiance to Marshall. But Savory is his guy and Owen got run over in the Yale game and was flexing his knees on the ice following the play - no call... (Also, no response by the RPI d corps BTW -- goes back to the lack of tenacity and attitude I've been chirping about.) I suspect that Smitty held Savory out just as a precaution... I've heard nothing official re: any formal injury

Comment

Working...
                                X