This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

At the season ticket holder pick up party, a few people mentioned to Norris Pearson about playing more band and less music. Apparently it was ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
      He was like Wayne Gretzky compared to what we have now.
      Hayhurst was a loss for RPI, no doubt in my opinion. Don't forget that he played a significant portion of last season with a broken hand/wrist. I am not sure he would have hung around unless RPI was going to be something other than a long shot for the NCAA tournament. A lot of big teams were interested and and Michigan is one of the all-time bigs in college hockey. Plus as a Toronto kid (4 hour drive to Ann Arbor), I wouldn't be surprised if Michigan was a place he was always interested in.

I have mixed feelings about the grad transfer rule. It's being misused (far too many who avail themselves of it don't complete the graduate degree) and I think, in some cases, coaches are using it to fill out their fourth line instead of taking a risk on a 3rd choice freshman recruit. In those cases, the player might be better off staying and occupying a bigger role on the original team.

I am less sure of the impact of Ohrwall's departure. I don't know if he's hurt, but he didn't play in the weekend series against Penn State.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidNardolillo View Post
        Hayhurst was a loss for RPI, no doubt in my opinion. Don't forget that he played a significant portion of last season with a broken hand/wrist. I am not sure he would have hung around unless RPI was going to be something other than a long shot for the NCAA tournament. A lot of big teams were interested and and Michigan is one of the all-time bigs in college hockey. Plus as a Toronto kid (4 hour drive to Ann Arbor), I wouldn't be surprised if Michigan was a place he was always interested in.

I have mixed feelings about the grad transfer rule. It's being misused (far too many who avail themselves of it don't complete the graduate degree) and I think, in some cases, coaches are using it to fill out their fourth line instead of taking a risk on a 3rd choice freshman recruit. In those cases, the player might be better off staying and occupying a bigger role on the original team.
        As evidence of the problem with the grad transfer rule, Michigan lists Hayhurst’s major as undecided. How can a grad student be undecided? That hardly sounds like a guy pursuing a degree. He probably couldn’t get into Michigan’s MBA program (one of the best in the country) so he’s just taking some classes until his eligibility expires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The band has indeed been told to play less in favor of piped in music and "fun jumbotron things" during the game which in theory help increase fan engagement. No one is happy about this.
          RPI Pep Band
          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

• Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
            The band has indeed been told to play less in favor of piped in music and "fun jumbotron things" during the game which in theory help increase fan engagement. No one is happy about this.
            Who can alumni complain to? It was terrible this weekend. Bad enough the band isn’t behind the net anymore. I’ve seen visiting bands have a more prominent location.

Re: Ohrvall - he’s so talented, he can’t make the UMich lineup on a consistent basis.
            Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
              Troyboy and I were talking just the other day abt some of our road trips w/ the team and one of our fondest memories was drinking out in the parking lot outside Hobey Baker and having dinner with you ,Jenny and Baboo. Dr D is one of the greatest story tellers I have ever met. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful Jenny!
              Showed this post to Jenny and she was flabbergasted! We had a blast with you guys and would do that again any time and any place you can meet us. From 1975 through 2001 we had the greatest time following the team and attending virtually every game. The best part was partying with the families of the players and the absolute best fans in the world. The memories of the Castaways, Verdile's, Casey's, the Depot at the old Holiday Inn in Troy, the Plum Blossom, and probably about 10 other bars and restaurants will be with us forever. BTW, even after all these years, neither of us can figure out how we were able to drive home after that meet up in Princeton.
              Last edited by DrDemento; 12-08-2019, 07:44 PM.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                Showed this post to Jenny and she was flabbergasted! We had a blast with you guys and would do that again any time and any place you can meet us. From 1975 through 2001 we had the greatest time following the team and attending virtually every game. The best part was partying with the families of the players and the absolute best fans in the world. The memories of the castaways, Verdile's, Casey's, the Depot at the old Holiday Inn in Troy, the Plum Blossom, and probably about 10 other bars and restaurants will be with us forever. BTW, even after all these years, neither of us can figure out how we were able to drive home after that meet up in Princeton.
                Must not forget the Bella Napoli Bakery. Best wishes to you and Jenny and hope that you both have a safe and peaceful holiday !
                What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                  Must not forget the Bella Napoli Bakery. Best wishes to you and Jenny and hope that you both have a safe and peaceful holiday !
                  OMG!! The best, and I mean the absolute best, pastry on earth! We used to pick up stuff from there on our way to the games after dinner at Verdile's (and perhaps after a few drinks) and spread them around section 6 (row K). They had one item called the Peach which had about as much Peach Brandy as i had ever seen. Usually took me until about the first intermission to actually know the score of the game and perhaps a bit longer for my teeth to no longer be numb.
                  **** we miss those days!!!!
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                    Also the premier bar keeper in the capital district and all around good guy !
                    Miss you guys. If your ever in town...

Comment

WOW.............. we were 2 seconds away from disaster home sweep. The HFH was so quiet I thought I was at a funeral. I hope this turns our season around. luck favors the prepared. Where was weber this past weekend? it was the first time ever for 2 games fri and sat night my kids said dad i am bored at a hockey game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        It's time to ask for suggestions for a title for "RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Part II".
                        Suggestions?
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by puckit717 View Post
                          WOW.............. we were 2 seconds away from disaster home sweep. The HFH was so quiet I thought I was at a funeral. I hope this turns our season around. luck favors the prepared. Where was weber this past weekend? it was the first time ever for 2 games fri and sat night my kids said dad i am bored at a hockey game.
                          I hope Weber was out recruiting.

While we should have been able to defeat Brown more easily, this could have a better effect on the team. It's too bad that we are off for three weeks as the benefit may disappear by then.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Suggestions?
                            Part II- Wanted: Offense.

4 goals in the last 4 games isn’t gonna cut it.

Comment

Suggestions?
                              Think happy thoughts.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

Suggestions?
                                Part II - Don't Give Up

Comment

Working...
                                X