X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    I can't believe I missed one day of posts and we are talking about firing the coach?
    What is wrong with this picture?
    Our game is so much better on the ice than the previous coach. The players are responding to the system and getting better every year.
    We finally seem to have the potential to score some goals this year and even though we allowed too many goals the past two weekends, the defense is young and will come on as the season progresses.
    We will not go from where we were the past few seasons to the top of the league in one year, but we continue to improve and lets just give it a chance to see how far we can take this.
    And one last thing, just who will replace Smith if he were fired?
    LGR
    Originally posted by puckit717 View Post
    smith has a 4 year deal correct? hes 2 down. if I was ben barr I wouldn't even interview again at rpi ever.
    Only puckit717 is talking about firing Smith. Everyone else sees the improvement in the team and the culture.
    Smith is on a 5 year deal, not a 4 year deal.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

smith has a 4 year deal correct? hes 2 down. if I was ben barr I wouldn't even interview again at rpi ever.
        Ok, now I’m convinced.....Aspy changed his username Ben Barr, ben Barr....sheesh. C’mon! He’s been the so-called “hot name” for 4-5 yrs now and yet there he is, still an AC. How many openings have there been in that time?
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
          Only puckit717 is talking about firing Smith. Everyone else sees the improvement in the team and the culture.
          Smith is on a 5 year deal, not a 4 year deal.
          I don't give a crap about culture. I want wins wins wins wins wins and trips to lake placid

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
            Ok, now I’m convinced.....Aspy changed his username Ben Barr, ben Barr....sheesh. C’mon! He’s been the so-called “hot name” for 4-5 yrs now and yet there he is, still an AC. How many openings have there been in that time?
            Unfortunately for Ben, not that many if you consider the ECAC and HE to be his primary target zone. In our league only RPI and SLU have hired coaches. In HE the only new hires were at BU, UMass, UNH and Merrimack. Of those, he was a finalist at RPI, BU and UNH were “in the family” hires, and Merrimack is pretty universally viewed as a dead-end job. I assume he wasn’t a candidate at UMass (it would certainly be an unusual move to hire one of the passed over candidates to the staff) and I never heard his name associated with SLU.

It must be frustrating for an AC to look at a limited pool of jobs, some of which you will not be considered for and others you really don’t want, waiting to get your shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
              Given the length of recruiting cycles that’s really not a lot. However, the seniors on that list have all shown potential and appear poised for breakout seasons. It’s apparent that Burgess, in particular, is finally healthy and ready to be the player that Seth recruited and Ottawa thought worthy of a relatively high draft pick.

The advent of the graduate transfer certainly cut into the talent Seth left. Melanson, the elder Ohrvall (although he might not have gotten much ice time anyway) and Hayhurst may well have played out their senior years had they not had the option to transfer with immediate eligibility.

I had the same reaction about Burgess as you did. He has finally looked like the Burgess whom I saw in Fairbanks highlights.
              I can't wait to see him fall as he goes to join the celebration when we win in LP.

For those who weren't paying attention then, he fell twice when joining celebrations as a junior, although one was really a slip.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I feel like pretty much everyone from this thread is already over there but...

The ECAC schedule begins this Friday, so you only have two days remaining to submit your entry to this year's ECAC Pick The Standings Contest. Follow the link and all you need to do is project the final standings and see how well your predictions match up with other fans on the board along with the media and coaches over the course of the season.
                RPI Pep Band
                GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

I don't give a crap about culture. I want wins wins wins wins wins and trips to lake placid
                  We'll let you go knock on Bill Belicheck's door and preach to him about the irrelevance of culture. ...ha haaaaa Last I checked the Patriot Way was "a thing" and all they do is stack up wins wins wins wins wins (and Lombardi Trophies).
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                      Unfortunately for Ben, not that many if you consider the ECAC and HE to be his primary target zone. In our league only RPI and SLU have hired coaches. In HE the only new hires were at BU, UMass, UNH and Merrimack. Of those, he was a finalist at RPI, BU and UNH were “in the family” hires, and Merrimack is pretty universally viewed as a dead-end job. I assume he wasn’t a candidate at UMass (it would certainly be an unusual move to hire one of the passed over candidates to the staff) and I never heard his name associated with SLU.

It must be frustrating for an AC to look at a limited pool of jobs, some of which you will not be considered for and others you really don’t want, waiting to get your shot.

2016-17 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 21 11 7 .628 x
                      2015-16 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 12 22 5 .372
                      2014-15 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 18 12 7 .581
                      2013-14 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 17 21 3 .451
                      2012-13 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 19 19 5 .500 x x
                      2011-12 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 10 22 4 .333
                      2010-11 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 13 19 6 .421
                      2009-10 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 17 15 5 .527
                      2008-09 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 15 16 6 .486
                      2007-08 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 11 20 6 .378
                      2006-07 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 9 23 3 .300
                      2005-06 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 10 23 2 .314

and that's with the awful conference that is

Comment

2016-17 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 21 11 7 .628 x
                        2015-16 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 12 22 5 .372
                        2014-15 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 18 12 7 .581
                        2013-14 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 17 21 3 .451
                        2012-13 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 19 19 5 .500 x x
                        2011-12 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 10 22 4 .333
                        2010-11 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 13 19 6 .421
                        2009-10 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 17 15 5 .527
                        2008-09 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 15 16 6 .486
                        2007-08 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 11 20 6 .378
                        2006-07 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 9 23 3 .300
                        2005-06 Dave Smith Atlantic Hockey I 10 23 2 .314

and that's with the awful conference that is
                        If you are trying to point out DS's record prior to RPI (regardless if he was in Atlantic or not) ........here's a reminder of what we endured under SA:

2006-07 R.P.I. ECAC 36 10 18 8 0 0.389
                        2007-08 R.P.I. ECAC 38 11 23 4 0 0.342
                        2008-09 R.P.I. ECAC 39 10 27 2 0 0.282
                        2009-10 R.P.I. ECAC 39 18 17 4 0 0.513
                        2010-11 R.P.I. ECAC 38 20 13 5 0 0.592
                        2011-12 R.P.I. ECAC 39 12 24 3 0 0.346
                        2012-13 R.P.I. ECAC 22 12 7 3 0 0.614
                        2013-14 R.P.I. ECAC 22 8 9 5 0 0.477
                        2014-15 R.P.I. ECAC 41 12 26 3 0 0.329
                        2015-16 R.P.I. ECAC 40 18 15 7 0 0.538
                        2016-17 R.P.I. ECAC 37 8 28 1 0 0.230

Comment

Surprising betting trend showing for the upcoming weekend. Union is about a one goal favorite for the Friday night game at 3-2 with a win percentage of 59% vs a win percentage for RPI of 30% (the remainder of course being a tie). But Saturday is currently listed as a 2-2 tie with Union having a better possible win percentage of 49% to RPI's 40%. Apparently the Union 0-6 record is being a tad discounted along with their performance against UMass. RPI is apparently getting little respect for either of the two wins or the more respectable performance against UMass. I suspect that none of this disrespect for either of these two programs will be changed much after this weekend regardless of who wins even both games. However I think if one team loses both games that will be held strongly against them. In other words, we best not get swept!!! Go Red!!
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            Surprising betting trend showing for the upcoming weekend. Union is about a one goal favorite for the Friday night game at 3-2 with a win percentage of 59% vs a win percentage for RPI of 30% (the remainder of course being a tie). But Saturday is currently listed as a 2-2 tie with Union having a better possible win percentage of 49% to RPI's 40%. Apparently the Union 0-6 record is being a tad discounted along with their performance against UMass. RPI is apparently getting little respect for either of the two wins or the more respectable performance against UMass. I suspect that none of this disrespect for either of these two programs will be changed much after this weekend regardless of who wins even both games. However I think if one team loses both games that will be held strongly against them. In other words, we best not get swept!!! Go Red!!
                            Despite the records, we should never underestimate Union. Recall our home loss against UConn after we beat them in Hartford! Based on our 10-12 year record against Union, we should take nothing for granted!

This needs to be a week of solid practices pointing us towards a determined, workman-like effort this weekend.
                            Last edited by fr. joe; 10-23-2019, 09:26 PM.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                There is probably quite a bit of latency from past seasons. In any case, as a rivalry game a lot can be thrown out of the window. We beat UC in the coaches' fight game despite it being Union's championship season/
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X