This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

Shirley was there on Saturday and in all likelihood Sadeghpour was up in her throne room also.
    Funniest thing was it was parents weekend and while introducing the parents and other family members of the prayers who were present, they also introduced Shirley who received a chorus of.boos. A bit of poor taste, but understandable.

Comment

Shirley and the AD should be booed every second they can be. I would also like to see some fire smith signs if we don't sweep union

Comment

Originally posted by puckit717 View Post
        Shirley and the AD should be booed every second they can be. I would also like to see some fire smith signs if we don't sweep union
        The "Fire Smith" angle is ridiculous. First of all, it's early in a season in which we've shown the ability to compete with two HE teams, one very good and the other talented but young so it will probably finish in the middle of the pack. Second, as long as Smith's teams show year over year improvement - and so far they have - he will be here and I will support him. If we split with Union, which although I disagree was picked to finish ahead of us by both the media and the coaches, to start the season 3-3, I would consider any "fan" that would bring a "Fire Smith" sign to be a delusional distraction that isn't helping the program. Frankly, even if we were swept, I don't think it would do anyone any good to start calling for a change this early in the season. Let it play out and, if we aren't seeing a better team down the stretch then we can talk about the future. Remember that Seth's worst season (until his last one) was in his third year (getting worse each year), before bouncing back for a couple of winning seasons in years 4 and 5. We don't have a history of quick changes.

My question is whether Smith will split the goaltending duties this weekend or go with Savory as #1. I'm a little torn on this one as I think Marshall played a good game when I saw him in Hartford and he's definitely got the potential to be a #1 in this league. I'd like to see him get a shot and, as far as I know, he was a good teammate when he lost his job last season and stuck around to compete this season. However, I think Savory will be #1 and it may be best to establish that early so the team can continue to build confidence and develop a well-defined style of play.

Comment

"Fire Smith signs"............ a wee bit harsh?? No??

Things seem to be much improved as a whole, lots of work to do for sure. But from what I am seeing and hearing , the culture on/off ice is like night and day compared to previous years. And in my opinion, a more cohesive unit/product on the ice that should lead to more "W's". Really like the pp gaining traction and I think Savory will log major minutes moving forward. Burgess hopefully teased us with what may be in store rest of season, and the fact that multiple guys are putting up points is encouraging.

Defensively, the young dmen need to, and i think will, figure out the college pace/style. Babichuk worries me from a defensive stand point, as he looks very uneasy getting "gritty" when he needs to and runs around aimlessly at times. Offensive talent, yes, but guessing he had little defensive responsibility in his Jr days (USHL guys seem to be a bit more responsible defensively coming in). The sophomore class of dmen is pretty darn solid, and should be a strength for the years to come.

Forwards need to tighten their role in defensive end and make responsible decisions in neutral zone to make sure pucks enter O zone when they can. But there seems to be a "we" mentality vs "me" mentality , as it may have been in past. That is a good sign.

Overall I am encouraged from what I see, hope it continues to build with two good games against Union. DS and staff has done a nice job in building a foundation, now its time to add to it.

PS...... would have like to have seen what may have happened with Saturday's lineup vs UCONN on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
            ... My question is whether Smith will split the goaltending duties this weekend or go with Savory as #1. I'm a little torn on this one as I think Marshall played a good game when I saw him in Hartford and he's definitely got the potential to be a #1 in this league. I'd like to see him get a shot and, as far as I know, he was a good teammate when he lost his job last season and stuck around to compete this season. However, I think Savory will be #1 and it may be best to establish that early so the team can continue to build confidence and develop a well-defined style of play.
            I agree that Marshall has played well enough to warrant future time in net, but it won't matter who Smith runs out there if we can't stop the fire wagon breaks we've been allowing.... these 4 and 5 goal games from RPI likely will dry up once we get into the meat of ECAC play. I read but did not completely understand Smith's post game comments about how Canisius' odd man breaks were a result of us doing good things in their zone. He didn't seem to say that it was because our d-men were pinching and pushing the offensive play....I'll have to go back attempt to understand it....I was tired last night.
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I remember 1965-1966. I was encouraged because I could go watch the freshman team do very well with Watsom Scammel Law Mitchell Ingram.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                The "Fire Smith" angle is ridiculous. First of all, it's early in a season in which we've shown the ability to compete with two HE teams, one very good and the other talented but young so it will probably finish in the middle of the pack. Second, as long as Smith's teams show year over year improvement - and so far they have - he will be here and I will support him. If we split with Union, which although I disagree was picked to finish ahead of us by both the media and the coaches, to start the season 3-3, I would consider any "fan" that would bring a "Fire Smith" sign to be a delusional distraction that isn't helping the program. Frankly, even if we were swept, I don't think it would do anyone any good to start calling for a change this early in the season. Let it play out and, if we aren't seeing a better team down the stretch then we can talk about the future. Remember that Seth's worst season (until his last one) was in his third year (getting worse each year), before bouncing back for a couple of winning seasons in years 4 and 5. We don't have a history of quick changes.

My question is whether Smith will split the goaltending duties this weekend or go with Savory as #1. I'm a little torn on this one as I think Marshall played a good game when I saw him in Hartford and he's definitely got the potential to be a #1 in this league. I'd like to see him get a shot and, as far as I know, he was a good teammate when he lost his job last season and stuck around to compete this season. However, I think Savory will be #1 and it may be best to establish that early so the team can continue to build confidence and develop a well-defined style of play.
                seth had all fridgens bad players smith basically wiped everyone out only a few seniors are seths recruits

Comment

Why was Hockey East reffing Saturday's game?

Comment

seth had all fridgens bad players smith basically wiped everyone out only a few seniors are seths recruits
                    Besides for then on-transfer seniors, Marshall and Babichuk are Seth's recruits.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          I had a feeling this would happen. 2 weeks in a row with a player receiving weekly honors! Let's make it 3, maybe Savory?

Comment

To comment on Smith, he absolutely should not be fired as we are seeing consistent improvement. Also, he has no chance of being fired before his contract expires; the school cannot afford to eat that contract. Got 3 seasons including this one before that is a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by NPC19850330 View Post
                              Why was Hockey East reffing Saturday's game?
                              I wondered about that too. Perhaps it was so that neither an ECAC team nor an AHA team would have would have an apparent advantage. We should watch if HEA refs are also the return visit at CC. Of course, no HEA officials are probably near Buffalo.
                              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-21-2019, 02:23 PM.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                                I had a feeling this would happen. 2 weeks in a row with a player receiving weekly honors! Let's make it 3, maybe Savory?
                                We have to get the honors in before the Ivy schools start.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X