X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

Originally posted by RPI67 View Post
    DS scheduling with less travel is better than long road trips early in the season.
    I don't know what "better" means.... . I do know that the better teams in our league are traveling in the early going:

Cornell @ MSU 11/1-11/2
    Q@ ASU 11/1- 11/2
    CCT @ UM 10/11- 10/12
    CCT @ Sconny 10/25-10/26
    Princeton @ St Cloud 11/1-11/2
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Which begs the question... where the heck is the rest of the team? Ha ha..... hopefully at class.
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
        I don't know what "better" means.... . I do know that the better teams in our league are traveling in the early going:

Cornell @ MSU 11/1-11/2
        Q@ ASU 11/1- 11/2
        CCT @ UM 10/11- 10/12
        CCT @ Sconny 10/25-10/26
        Princeton @ St Cloud 11/1-11/2
        Does anyone expect Princeton to be one of the better teams in the upcoming year?
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

It seems a bit odd to me that two 5'10" defensemen were paired.

Thanks for your writeup.
          Weren't they using 7 defensemen? They were at UConn so the pairings started as fixed but later in the period they often had mixed pairs out there. At this point in the season I think it's OK to be testing out different groupings but I hope they become relatively stable heading into the heart of the league schedule. Of course, with injuries and a big roster (16 forwards and 9 or 10 on defense depending on Helsen's status) we'll probably see some mixing and matching all season long.

Comment

Does anyone expect Princeton to be one of the better teams in the upcoming year?
            I actually do think they could be in the upper 6-7 by the end of the year ...they have a big freshman class like us. I'm in the minority perhaps.

Comment

It seems a bit odd to me that two 5'10" defensemen were paired.

Thanks for your writeup.
              If it was the UMass game, then it wouldn't have been odd... big ice and a lot of team speed for Minutepersons.

Comment

I actually do think they could be in the upper 6-7 by the end of the year ...they have a big freshman class like us. I'm in the minority perhaps.
                So far the only one who has picked them higher than 8th is Lugnut's random number generator. https://board.uscho.com/showthread.p...ings-2019-2020
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

If it was the UMass game, then it wouldn't have been odd... big ice and a lot of team speed for Minutepersons.
                  True.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Which begs the question... where the heck is the rest of the team? Ha ha..... hopefully at class.
                      ......standing on each other’s shoulders hanging the John Carter, Gary Kearns banners back up
                      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Lost a ton of offense via graduation: 4 out of top 5 scorers are gone (Kuffner, VĂ©ronneau, Riche, Teves). That's a lot to have to make up to improve on last year's performance, which was itself disappointing after winning the ECAC tourney in 17-18 and having most of their top players back.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                            I know it is crazy to say this, but this could be a critical weekend for the Engineers.
                            Seth Appert always had us starting the season against much tougher opponents, and while I think you can learn a lot from playing the best teams, you cannot learn how to win.
                            Winning is contagious and if we can start with a three game winning streak, it can build up the confidence we need to go on from there.
                            But as the good Doctor always reminds us, RPI plays to the ability of our opponent. If we lose one of these games this weekend, we will be questioning ourselves, and that will not bode well for the future of this season.
                            I expect two wins this weekend, but that means nothing. We still have to play the games.

Lets go red!!!!!!
                            BINGO!!! As usual, we agree. If nothing else, last night showed us that we still have quite a distance to go. But not to be too pessimistic. There is a lot of interesting freshman talent that could emerge. Just looking for any bright spot right ow and having scored 10 goals in our first 3 games is something to smile about. We have to settle down the defense deep in our own zone, stop what appears to be wide open men in our zone on odd man rushes, and most importantly, settle on one goal tender who can give us a solid evening consistently.You do not win many games at this level giving up 5 goals and although we are showing that we can score a bit more than we have the past few years, if we can get our GAA under 3, this could turn out to be a far better year than many have predicted.
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

well that sucked

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                BINGO!!! As usual, we agree. If nothing else, last night showed us that we still have quite a distance to go. But not to be too pessimistic. There is a lot of interesting freshman talent that could emerge. Just looking for any bright spot right ow and having scored 10 goals in our first 3 games is something to smile about. We have to settle down the defense deep in our own zone, stop what appears to be wide open men in our zone on odd man rushes, and most importantly, settle on one goal tender who can give us a solid evening consistently.You do not win many games at this level giving up 5 goals and although we are showing that we can score a bit more than we have the past few years, if we can get our GAA under 3, this could turn out to be a far better year than many have predicted.
                                Doc I'm sure you were into the Van Gogh last night but after about 2 minutes into the first period we were never in the game the ECAC refs tried to even it up a little in the 3rd with penalties but it didn't help. That's just my humble opinion from the cheap seats
                                What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X