X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Utica College thinks that we are a High School. https://ucpioneers.com/sports/mens-i...novan-ott/8861
    That's the problem w/3rd party software for the non-football/basketball sports. Same issue for all the junior team alumni and college transfers on Utica's roster.

Comment

One can see why Mike Sadeghpour was picked as the captain of the 1985 team.
      Sadge is a legend, although John Carter is my all-time favorite RPI player.
      Last edited by DavidNardolillo; 10-31-2019, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
        Doc, I agree with your opinion, but if Zieky is the real thing, I can see him scoring 20 and one or two others reaching 10.
        I agree, that if we only have one scorer, then the other teams will concentrate on stopping him and we will be shut down. But I do think that we have a couple of guys (Reilly, Burgess and maybe even Polino) who can give the other teams something to think about.
        I'd be delighted if Todd Burgess could eclipse 10 goals, because I think we have a chance to enjoy significantly better offensive contributions from a number of other upperclassmen this year. I think Will Reilly will have a particularly good year offensively; he already has more than half of the goals he had all of last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
          I would say this statement is inaccurate. Are you basing that on the fact that Prekaski committed first?
          Personal conversation with Scott
          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Originally posted by TucsonMike View Post
            This should be on a plaque on the front of HFH. Seriously.
            I wholeheartedly second this notion! Who wants to start the petition ??
            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              It is my recollection also that Prekaski was recruited first and was supposed to be #1. The spot for another goalie (Laing) only opened when Masotta left. So, as much as I don't trust tall people, I agree with Jericho.
              I trust RB on the how dominos fell, but I do recall Fridge telling the story of first seeing Laing accidentally, when he was in Western CA scouting another player. He offered him a scholly on the spot --on the step of his team bus.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Just because he was recruited first does not mean he's a #1, or just because he is even recruited doesn't mean he was/is a #1. Look how Alford turned out. Typical follower Ralph.
                This is also true. Case in point is UMass last season. Carvel was not convinced they had enough talent at the goal position for a deep run. Benny Barr reached out pretty late -- I wanna say August- to a European hockey contact and the guy suggested one name: the Lindberg kid. Benny Skyped with the kid and he committed without ever seeing Amherst, and was the starter by the 2nd half of the year. Lesson being, coaches are always on the hunt for goalies...

Comment

Just because he was recruited first does not mean he's a #1, or just because he is even recruited doesn't mean he was/is a #1. Look how Alford turned out. Typical follower Ralph.
                  This is also true. Case in point is UMass last season. Carvel was not convinced they had enough talent at the goal position for a deep run. Benny Barr reached out pretty late -- I wanna say August- to a European hockey contact and the guy suggested one name: the Lindberg kid. Benny Skyped with the kid and he committed without ever seeing Amherst, and was the starter by the 2nd half of the year. Lesson being, coaches are always on the hunt for goalies...

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                    I wholeheartedly second this notion! Who wants to start the petition ??
                    I can ask Norris

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                      I can ask Norris
                      If you like. BTW, McElroy liked at least one of the tweets, so there is some support for what Sadeghpour wrote.

Edit: Houston Field House also liked it. Is that Norris?
                      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-01-2019, 07:55 AM.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

If you like. BTW, McElroy liked at least one of the tweets, so there is some support for what Sadeghpour wrote.

Edit: Houston Field House also liked it. Is that Norris?
                        There's a few staffers including Norris who run the HFH twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                          I agree that Zieky could be what we are looking for, but it is still a very small sample size. I surely hope he continues. I would love to see a 20 goal scorer on this team.
                          I'm gonna go out on a limb there are no 20 goal scorers on this roster maybe I'm wrong.
                          What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
                            I'm gonna go out on a limb there are no 20 goal scorers on this roster maybe I'm wrong.
                            IMO, Zieky is possible, but probably you are correct.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                                X