X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

Originally posted by tony/troy View Post
    Has anyone noticed that Brock has a Friday night game in St. Catherines at 7:15 P.M. It will be done at around 9:45 P.M. Add about another 45 minuted to shower, dress and load the equipment on the bus and its' around 10:30 P.M. Then its' about 6 hours to Troy making there arrival time at a hotel about 4:30 A.M. on Saturday.

Only other choice they have is to go home and board the bus at around 6:00 A.M. on Saturday and arrive in Troy at about noon for a 4 P.M. game.

Either option spells no sleep, little sleep nor getting the right kind of sleep.

They should be little more than zombies by the time warm up starts at the Field House on Saturday.

Kind of leaves us with little in the way of excuses if we do not at least look good despite it being our very first game and their fifth.
    Stephen van Rensselaer wants his revenge.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

USCHO ECAC predictions https://www.uscho.com/2019/10/03/eca...n-possibly-be/

The two reporters have us 11th and 8th.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
          I noticed that once again RPI does not appear to offer the ability for an interested hockey enthusiast to purchase single game tickets online. I have to think that they are one of the few teams in D1 hockey that have not accomplished this seemingly easy task. If the goal is to grow enthusiasm for the sport and put more fannies in the seats (i.e. drive revenues up) then making it EASY for fans to part ways with their hard earned cash would seem to me to be a no-brainer...especially at a school that is supposedly all about innovation and technology.

Ok, I'll stop griping now....
          I bought Freakout tickets on line on Monday. I've been doing it for years. However, your message highlights an equally important point. It is hard to find and if long-time fans don't even know about it then it is severely under promoted. The schedule doesn't have a "buy tickets" link and the ticketing system is hidden under the "Fan Central" or "More" links. We sure don't make it easy to use our on-line system (which, once you find it, is pretty good).

Edit: I just went back and checked my email. I've got online orders dating back to 2015. It's really a rather sad commentary on our marketing outreach that long-time fans don't know about a system that is now in, at least, its fifth season. Even worse, I have online orders from Quinnipiac and Yale dating back more than ten years. Their systems are very easy to find on their main athletics web pages.

Edit 2: I do have an online RPI ticket order from 2007, but that was back when we were on Ticketmaster.
          Last edited by rpi82; 10-03-2019, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
            In the past (maybe 3 or 4 years ago), I was able to buy individual game tickets by phone. Is that no longer available? I admit that it would be a lot easier to buy them on line. I have been able to purchase tickets on line from Princeton and Quinnipiac.
            RPI should get on board with that.
            I bought tickets by phone on Monday as I have been doing for about 10 years now.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
              https://tickets.athletics.rpi.edu/Th...nt=0&genre=200

you can get there with a single click from https://rpiathletics.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=792 and they have a decent seat selector too.
              Thanks RB !...now the question remains why there is no "tickets" button beside each game listed on the schedule --- like every other team's schedule in our league and beyond ...you know, to make it easy for people to part with their money

Edit: Thanks SS !
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Thanks RB !...now the question remains why there is no "tickets" button beside each game listed on the schedule --- like every other team's schedule in our league and beyond ...you know, to make it easy for people to part with their money

Edit: Thanks SS !
                RB!?!?!

Yes it was a single click, but not very intuitive. The sports marketing focus seems very sporadic....does Sachi come here?
                Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                  RB!?!?!

Yes it was a single click, but not very intuitive. The sports marketing focus seems very sporadic....does Sachi come here?
                  Sorry, typing too fast! Ha . There is demonstrated lack of cohesion between Marketing, Rinks Ops and the Ticket office. They should all be tied at the hip with the goal of increasing attendance and the overall fan experience...but all too often the replies are the standard "not my job..."
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by tony/troy View Post
                    Has anyone noticed that Brock has a Friday night game in St. Catherines at 7:15 P.M. It will be done at around 9:45 P.M. Add about another 45 minuted to shower, dress and load the equipment on the bus and its' around 10:30 P.M. Then its' about 6 hours to Troy making there arrival time at a hotel about 4:30 A.M. on Saturday.

Only other choice they have is to go home and board the bus at around 6:00 A.M. on Saturday and arrive in Troy at about noon for a 4 P.M. game.

Either option spells no sleep, little sleep nor getting the right kind of sleep.

They should be little more than zombies by the time warm up starts at the Field House on Saturday.

Kind of leaves us with little in the way of excuses if we do not at least look good despite it being our very first game and their fifth.
                    Even worse, Brock has a game with QU on Sunday afternoon. Even the minor leagues have moved to minimize the number of three game weekends. I just checked out minor league team and they only have a handful of such weekends and they all involve at least two games in the same town (e.g. a road game and two home games or a trip that combines two games in Allentown with one in Wilkes-Barre Scranton). With three road games and that amount of travel I doubt Brock will be able to put up much of a fight against what should be a pretty good Bobcats team.

Comment

Sorry, typing too fast! Ha . There is demonstrated lack of cohesion between Marketing, Rinks Ops and the Ticket office. They should all be tied at the hip with the goal of increasing attendance and the overall fan experience...but all too often the replies are the standard "not my job..."
                      As I said, the system has been there for 5 seasons. How about spending 10 bucks to buy a domain like rpiti***** and when we promote upcoming games over the PA or the scoreboard that we drill it into everyone's heads. Also add a tickets link to the primary menu bar of the website and to each game on the schedule (which I think we used to have). It could literally be set up in an hour or two.

Comment

eliteprospects page has a box that shows the different leagues leading scorers. This is the NCAA, wouldn’t that be welcomed.......
                        # PLAYER GP G A TP
                        1. Carson Brière 0 0 0 0
                        2. A.J. Drobot - - - -
                        3. Brad Belisle - - - -
                        4. Cory Babichuk - - - -
                        5. Chad Sasaki - - -
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                          Even worse, Brock has a game with QU on Sunday afternoon. Even the minor leagues have moved to minimize the number of three game weekends. I just checked out minor league team and they only have a handful of such weekends and they all involve at least two games in the same town (e.g. a road game and two home games or a trip that combines two games in Allentown with one in Wilkes-Barre Scranton). With three road games and that amount of travel I doubt Brock will be able to put up much of a fight against what should be a pretty good Bobcats team.
                          To take it a step further Brock plays 5 games in 9 days. Also if you look at their roster, they have several big men on the roster.

I don't care who they play in an exhibition game. It's an opportunity to see the team on the ice. A starting point. Over the course of the season they will play teams better than them and teams worse. At the end of the day Saturday's game is the first game of a long season. We will all come away encouraged or shaking our heads. Just like we will every game until March. Hopefully more of the former than the latter.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

In honor of Linden Marshall and Ena Nystrøm, today is 4 October 2019. There is 1 day until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X