X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2019 - 2020: Nordic Combined

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
    This is one of the things i have missed by not posting lately. Fascinating history lesson and greatly appreciated. BTW RPI Fan For Life is indeed correct about our facing Brock in the past. It had to be before 1975 as I know that Jenny was not with me for that game. It was an exhibition but I cannot recall if it was preseason or during the regular season.
    Good to have you back.

When Waite21 posted that, I also had the feeling that I recalled RPI playing Brock before. If so, it must have been during the 1973-4 or earlier, because that was my last year in Troy. Then again, it could have been Brock Higgs, whom I recalled.

Edit: I have the small schedules which the athletics department used to (still does?) produce each year from every year while I was in Troy. No game vs. Brock is listed.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 08-21-2019, 07:23 AM.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Good to have you back.

When Waite21 posted that, I also had the feeling that I recalled RPI playing Brock before. If so, it must have been during the 1973-4 or earlier, because that was my last year in Troy. Then again, it could have been Brock Higgs, whom I recalled.

Edit: I have the small schedules which the athletics department used to (still does?) produce each year from every year while I was in Troy. No game vs. Brock is listed.
      I don’t think it was earlier than that. I became a season ticket holder in the 73-74 season and do remember being at that game as I mentioned in an earlier post. I had only been for a couple of games prior to that and they were not an exhibition or preseason game.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
        Are you new here? Welcome. Have fun!
        After several surgeries, yes, somewhat new and bionic. I can't have fun, I'm married! But thank you for the warm welcome!!
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Good to have you back.

I would be able to narrow this down for sure if only Jenny could help. She remembers everything! Sometimes that is not a good thing. But her first games were during 1975 and I am fairly sure the Brock game we all cannot seem to find, was a year earlier.

Comment

I would be able to narrow this down for sure if only Jenny could help. She remembers everything! Sometimes that is not a good thing. But her first games were during 1975 and I am fairly sure the Brock game we all cannot seem to find, was a year earlier.
            I just looked at all of the game programs for 73-74, and I don't have it. Either it was during break or they didn't issue one.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

https://rpiathletics.com/news/2019/8...key-staff.aspx

New Volunteer Assistant

Comment

Today is 22 August 2019. There are 44 days until RPI's next game and still no rosters.

This is based upon 5 October 2019 for the start of next season.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by sezenack View Post
                  I have no comment as I have not met or witnessed the skills of either new coach. I'll leave it to the one and only Frank Serratore who is quoted today on the front page of USCHO, and sums it up quite nicely:

"...Great recruiting and great coaching are the keys to winning at the college level. The head coach gets way too much credit when things are going good. One man does not make a staff. If you want to credit me for something related to our success, credit me for putting together a great staff...."
                  ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Today is 23 August 2019. There are 43 days until RPI's next game and still no rosters.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      I just looked at all of the game programs for 73-74, and I don't have it. Either it was during break or they didn't issue one.
                      I am sure I would have had that program also. But years ago did some sort of clean out (after a bit of flooding here) and lots of stuff was tossed and unfortunately some without opening the boxes and crates. Lost some RPI stuff along with the first 100 issues of MAD magazine along with some even more valuable magazines.

Comment

I am sure I would have had that program also. But years ago did some sort of clean out (after a bit of flooding here) and lots of stuff was tossed and unfortunately some without opening the boxes and crates. Lost some RPI stuff along with the first 100 issues of MAD magazine along with some even more valuable magazines.
                        I just looked through the 73-74 issues of the Intercollegiate Hockey Newsletter, but I could have missed it.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Today is 24 August 2019. There are 42 days (6 weeks) until RPI's next game and still no rosters.

If the rosters aren't posted in time, I intend to ignore the incoming players whose numbers I do not know. I may edit posts later.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Our players certainly get hurt enough, and I don't get the following joke, maybe others will.

Edit: I read the comments. It is referring to Matt Patricia.
                            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 08-24-2019, 01:09 AM.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                What? Me worry? Welcome back, Doc.

Comment

Working...
                                X