Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Hockey East: 2019/20 season is Joe Bertagna's last as commish

High Plains of West Parish The Roar from 124

Re: Hockey East: 2019/20 season is Joe Bertagna's last as commish

Quote Originally Posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
    Such outdated thinking by those folks. You have to play the long con and promote the experience to attract new and lapsed fans. Not to mention interested alumni with money in their pockets who donít have time to go to every game on account of family and work commitments. I know Iíd sign up.
    We all know UNH and Maine travel well, but that is like 10-20 percent of their fanbase making trips. Yes I know it's not 1999 anymore but you gotta figure the marquee sport at both schools would alone draw in enough subscribers to make this profitable.

I try to go to as many away games as possible, but sometimes a Friday night game in Boston or especially Providence is not in the works. UVM or Maine forget it, not happening on a Friday night.

How many of these schools have alumni bases spread around the country as well? They are literally leaving money on the table at this point, I don't understand why they keep trying the same square peg in the round hole of terrestrial TV
    Tully Rink Rat
    Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
    Youngstar
    UML Class of 09

https://hockeyeastonline.com/men/arti...artnership.php

So we go from basically nothing to 100 games? How is that possible?

Go 'cats!

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    https://hockeyeastonline.com/men/art...artnership.php

So we go from basically nothing to 100 games? How is that possible?
    NESN figured out viewers will watch the same Behind the B episode only so many times?

Pretty sure these will be on campus, not NESN productions.
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

That's what I am thinking. Or maybe NESN produces x amount of the games. Regardless, this is great news.

Never Forget!

Who the F cares who produces it? It's college hockey on free TV. If we can handle ESPN ****ing up our postseason tournament we can handle campus productions of regular season games.

Go 'cats!

Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    Who the F cares who produces it? It's college hockey on free TV. If we can handle ESPN ****ing up our postseason tournament we can handle campus productions of regular season games.
    Agreed. Just saying that NESN figures to increase viewers on Bs off nights at minimal cost.

I had the opportunity to chat with some UNH Wildcat Productions staff this summer. They were surprised when I told them people watch their broadcasts on the internet. They must be stoked about the NESN deal.
    Last edited by Darius; 09-26-2019 at 02:51 PM.
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

All Hail

Quote Originally Posted by ticapnews View Post
    ...we can handle campus productions of regular season games.
    Some of those local productions (if that's what they'll be using) are actually pretty decent.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Never Forget!

Quote Originally Posted by Split-N View Post
    Some of those local productions (if that's what they'll be using) are actually pretty decent.
    I wonder if they'll go the ESPN3 route of having most of them be student broadcasts. I know for UMaine baseball games they use students.

Hockey East: 2019/20 season is Joe Bertagna's last as commish

Some are frickin awful. Either way, better than following on Twitter, and maybe itíll be on at the bars.

@jimmyconnelly
    Hearing from sources that @hockey_east is very close to announcing its first league-wide digital platform to broadcast all menís and womenís games beginning this season. There are details to work out, but being told that CBS Sports will be the network hosting the platform.

Not sure what the actual cost or pay structure will be but would expect it to be something similar to what the NCHC has with their https://NCHC.tv digital platform

Quote Originally Posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
    @jimmyconnelly
    Hearing from sources that @hockey_east is very close to announcing its first league-wide digital platform to broadcast all menís and womenís games beginning this season. There are details to work out, but being told that CBS Sports will be the network hosting the platform.

Not sure what the actual cost or pay structure will be but would expect it to be something similar to what the NCHC has with their https://NCHC.tv digital platform
    https://www.collegesportslive.com/sc...ns-ice-hockey/

Now UVM Cat in Georgia

Maybe this has been answered, and Iíll apologize in advance I havenít read this thread thoroughly, but as a UVM fan living in Atlanta, will I be able to stream the games?

2016 Hockey East Overlords

You'll still be able to stream them but I suspect there's a pricing package that's yet to be announced. I'm hoping it ends up at a number that's palatable for those of us who are used to paying $10 per game to stream road games to still be happy with it even though the home games would no longer be free.

2009 NCAA Champions Sean Pickett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevengeance View Post
    You'll still be able to stream them but I suspect there's a pricing package that's yet to be announced. I'm hoping it ends up at a number that's palatable for those of us who are used to paying $10 per game to stream road games to still be happy with it even though the home games would no longer be free.
    At the moment the website lists all games through 6 October as free.

Sean

Hockey East: 2019/20 season is Joe Bertagna's last as commish

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevengeance View Post
    The 2 NU home games that are not on NESN should still be free streaming through the howlin huskies productions ... looked like 11/16 and 1/31 v. PC will be available through NU stream.

The biggest questions I have is will the cbs stream be avail on multiple screens at the same time or just 1 screen? will games not at a Hockey East arena be available through there? (Like the games at SCS and Belfast)
    Last edited by Liveatjrl; 09-28-2019 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
    Maybe this has been answered, and Iíll apologize in advance I havenít read this thread thoroughly, but as a UVM fan living in Atlanta, will I be able to stream the games?
    You're gonna need a new screen name!!
    "Never tell me the odds"

https://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Were the games on the first two February Mondays intentionally omitted from the NESN/HEA schedule?

Never Forget!

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Were the games on the first two February Mondays intentionally omitted from the NESN/HEA schedule?
    Those aren't Hockey East games, so most likely.

All Hail

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    As someone else already pointed out, they're not on the NESN/HEA schedule since they're not HEA games. But NESN owns the rights to those particular games so they'll be televised on NESN anyway. Just not as part of the HEA package.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Ofcl Riverhawk Radio Meteorologist

As someone else already pointed out, they're not on the NESN/HEA schedule since they're not HEA games. But NESN owns the rights to those particular games so they'll be televised on NESN anyway. Just not as part of the HEA package.
    There's a lot of non-conference games on the NESN package already. Just take a look at October:

RPI at UMass
    Wisconsin at BC
    Lowell at Minnesota-Duluth
    Merrimack at Holy Cross
    Union at UMass
    Holy Cross at Northeastern
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Thread Information