Hockey East: 2019/20 season is Joe Bertagna's last as commish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hockey East: 2019/20 season is Joe Bertagna's last as commish

Boy there's a whole lot of truth on this thread. Greg basically unloaded a truth bomb from the Enola Gay.

The glory days are over for us here in HE and all of college hockey. And while it has little to do with the hockey discussion, I assure you millennials really really really do suck. And I'd like to point out these young, whiny, dumb people that cannot put their phones down are NOT special; we had significant student debt too we just didn't whine about it like crybabies for attention and worked to pay it off because we had a sense of responsibility to pay it off rather than having a completely unfounded sense of entitlement. And while people my age now displace a grumpy generation of baby boomers, we respect the path they paved and carry that torch to some degree.... just with things like Excel and not an abacus.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      Boy there's a whole lot of truth on this thread. Greg basically unloaded a truth bomb from the Enola Gay.

The glory days are over for us here in HE and all of college hockey. And while it has little to do with the hockey discussion, I assure you millennials really really really do suck. And I'd like to point out these young, whiny, dumb people that cannot put their phones down are NOT special; we had significant student debt too we just didn't whine about it like crybabies for attention and worked to pay it off because we had a sense of responsibility to pay it off rather than having a completely unfounded sense of entitlement. And while people my age now displace a grumpy generation of baby boomers, we respect the path they paved and carry that torch to some degree.... just with things like Excel and not an abacus.
      You're not setting a great example for how not to be whiny.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

Get off my lawn!
        Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
          So what you're saying is, let's keep JB on board, give up entirely on developing media-related game income, play the HE Tourney at Agganis Arena, and prepare for D-1 Hockey to become D-1 Volleyball?

That's a pretty bleak outlook, Greg. Can we at least hire someone who might try to do a little better?
          D-1 Volleyball is probably the best comparison. They have six programs having 100 percent or higher capacity last season and 54 programs that draw over 1k per match.

Hockey on the other hand has two teams in Notre Dame and Penn State above 100 percent and 54 programs above 1k fans per game.
          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Chill out on the attendance talk, guys.

https://***********/exileondaytonst/...554914816?s=21
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

The hockey east tourney at the garden is still a strong event
              Attendance has been in 12-13 thousand range for a few years now
              Not the glory years but no need to go back to smaller campus sites

Comment

18,113 in Minnesota was the 2018 NCAA Volleyball Championship Final in the Timerwolves Arena

2018 NCAA Ice Hockey final also in Minnesota drew 18,303 in the Wild Building

Some crazy close comparisons between the sports...but hockey attendance overall is much higher
                Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Stolen from Facebook:

(Our play begins in a dark alley in New York City)

Millennial: What do you want us to kill?
                  Anonymous Business Executive: Styrofoam cups. We desperately need them gone.
                  Millennial: We'll need €2,000,000,000 deposited in this Swiss Bank account by close of business tomorrow. Styrofoam cups will be dead by next month.
                  Anonymous Business Executive: You...You can do it that quickly?
                  Millennial: You saw what we did to mayonnaise? We can do it sooner but it'll cost you.
                  Anonymous Business Executive: No, we need to ramp up production of our alternative.
                  Millennial: After tonight there will be no contact between us. The decision is irrevocable. Are you sure you want to go ahead?
                  Anonymous Business Executive: Yes. Our business depends on it.

(And scene...)

Comment

What did millennials do to mayonnaise?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      No longer a preferred condiment. We love our avocados on everything...
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Dead.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                          Link not found.

I’m still using mayo, millennials be d*mned. No offense to any millennials on this board.

Comment

They fired Bertagna for suggesting that HEA take UAH in.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Link not found.

I’m still using mayo, millennials be d*mned. No offense to any millennials on this board.
                              Huh. Link shows up for me. Anyway, here's a few reactions.

millennials-mayo

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                                They fired Bertagna for suggesting that HEA take UAH in.

GFM
                                Well...he DID accept Notre Dame, so...

Comment

Working...
                                X