Dartmouth Big Green Off-Season 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dartmouth Big Green Off-Season 2019-20

The Big Green graduates 6 and add 6 new players for next year, of which 4 are D men. No surprise as BG has to work on their back-end due to the graduations of Yau and Roth who I believed logged all games last year. Yau would be the toughest to replace as he logged the most minutes playing on 5 on 5, PP, and PK. However, Matthews should be the heir apparent to those minutes based on his similar skill set to Yau's. Whereas Roth was a 3rd pairing, the replacement should play out in pre-season and on-going with the likes of Han, Dimaio, and the freshmen class. Now without knowing or seeing them, they could move up such as Markell did last year. More to come!

https://dartmouthsports.com/news/201...20-roster.aspx

Re: Dartmouth Big Green Off-Season 2019-20

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
    The Big Green graduates 6 and add 6 new players for next year, of which 4 are D men. No surprise as BG has to work on their back-end due to the graduations of Yau and Roth who I believed logged all games last year. Yau would be the toughest to replace as he logged the most minutes playing on 5 on 5, PP, and PK. However, Matthews should be the heir apparent to those minutes based on his similar skill set to Yau's. Whereas Roth was a 3rd pairing, the replacement should play out in pre-season and on-going with the likes of Han, Dimaio, and the freshmen class. Now without knowing or seeing them, they could move up such as Markell did last year. More to come!

https://dartmouthsports.com/news/201...20-roster.aspx

Hey Turk181! Hope you are well and having a great summer! What can you tell us about this freshmen class? Thanks as usual!

Comment

Hey Turk181! Hope you are well and having a great summer! What can you tell us about this freshmen class? Thanks as usual!
      Sorry BG but other than being familiar with several of the names I don’t have any insights for you here. Gallant, originally a Colgate commit, was highly thought of a couple of years ago but he seems to have leveled out with the competition. The fact his Dad (Team Pres.) called the shots when he was with the Islanders HC might’ve been a contributing factor for the early success.
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
        Sorry BG but other than being familiar with several of the names I don’t have any insights for you here. Gallant, originally a Colgate commit, was highly thought of a couple of years ago but he seems to have leveled out with the competition. The fact his Dad (Team Pres.) called the shots when he was with the Islanders HC might’ve been a contributing factor for the early success.
        Hey Turk181 great to hear from you! Being the positive person I am I will side with the unknown and have that freshmen crew surprise me. Well one thing for sure, Dad will NOT be calling the shots here at this level. Let the kid be and as Denny Green said, "They are who we thought they are!"

Comment

No problem. FWIW, there’s a infrequent Poster to the RPI site & her son played with Gallant with the Islanders. She had very good things to say about him last year. If I can catch her (FlaMom) I’ll ask her to Post any info on him here.
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
            No problem. FWIW, there’s a infrequent Poster to the RPI site & her son played with Gallant with the Islanders. She had very good things to say about him last year. If I can catch her (FlaMom) I’ll ask her to Post any info on him here.
            Keep in mind I'm far removed logistically and the IHC team you reference was the season before this past one. That having been said, in defense of young Gallant, it was a strong, older team so he wasn't necessarily a featured player yet understood his role and did well. I have no inside intel on his past season in the BCHL. Going by the stats, he may have taken awhile to get up to speed, but he's still on the young side and definitely seemed to take a step forward in the playoffs. BTW, Gallant's father was nothing if not supportive of the entire IHC team, including my son, so no complaints there. I'll also mention my son has played on the same team as several Dartmouth recruits, and they all seem to be character kids.

Comment

thanks Mom. you would know better than me.

Comment

Originally posted by FLHockeyMom View Post
                Keep in mind I'm far removed logistically and the IHC team you reference was the season before this past one. That having been said, in defense of young Gallant, it was a strong, older team so he wasn't necessarily a featured player yet understood his role and did well. I have no inside intel on his past season in the BCHL. Going by the stats, he may have taken awhile to get up to speed, but he's still on the young side and definitely seemed to take a step forward in the playoffs. BTW, Gallant's father was nothing if not supportive of the entire IHC team, including my son, so no complaints there. I'll also mention my son has played on the same team as several Dartmouth recruits, and they all seem to be character kids.
                Hey FLA Mom and Turk181! Thanks for providing that extra insight and perspective! They say Hockey is a small tight knit circle and this certainly proves it. It is great to hear about the character of the BG kids and that will loom large for post hockey life experiences.

Comment

While this does not directly relate to this upcoming season, this just proves that there is talent at the BG! A BIG BG congrats to Connor Yau and well-earned and deserved! And good luck on your next quest in hockey!

https://dartmouthsports.com/news/201...grizzlies.aspx

Comment

School is back in session and the team is back on the ice! Hell, even pre-season NHL games have begun!

The BG is picked to finish 6th in the ECAC; I believe this is more than fair as I would have put the ceiling at 4 and basement at 6. If they feel slighted then show them on the ice that the coaches were wrong yet again...yes it's becoming a broken record.

https://dartmouthsports.com/news/201...ason-poll.aspx

Let's GOOOOOOO BG!

Comment

School is back in session and the team is back on the ice! Hell, even pre-season NHL games have begun!

The BG is picked to finish 6th in the ECAC; I believe this is more than fair as I would have put the ceiling at 4 and basement at 6. If they feel slighted then show them on the ice that the coaches were wrong yet again...yes it's becoming a broken record.

https://dartmouthsports.com/news/201...ason-poll.aspx

Let's GOOOOOOO BG!

To confirm the above, the media has picked the BG to finish 5th in the ECAC. Either way, this is pretty realistic placement and prediction. We all know this goes straight out the window and into the garbage once the ECAC play begins and who ends up in Lake Placid in March!

Comment

Working...
                      X