Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45:55: Wow, @CNN RATINGS HAVE CRASHED. LOST ALL CREDIBILITY!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:55: Wow, @CNN RATINGS HAVE CRASHED. LOST ALL CREDIBILITY!

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    How do you have a reasonable conversation with someone who thinks giving soap and toothpaste to children locked in cages is a bridge too far?
    You don't. And I'm not of that crowd. Some think I am. Some think others are. However, they refuse to even think about having a convo unless you are lock and step with them, and that's simply ridiculous. I'm not in the uber left crowd. That does not make me MAGA. It's not an either/or, and that is what frustrates me.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
      *whispers* Reganomics was a "far right" move for the GOP where just a decade earlier even Nixon campaigned for guaranteed minimum incomes as a form of welfare reform. Today, Nixon would be sitting somewhere between Warren and Bernie.
      Nixon also wanted open relations with Mao, a dictator who killed tens of millions and oppressed hundreds of millions more. What a d@mn commie! No wonder he turned out to be a crook.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        Nixon also wanted open relations with Mao, a dictator who killed tens of millions and oppressed hundreds of millions more. What a d@mn commie! No wonder he turned out to be a crook.
        Follow the US dollar. That is your answer every time.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

So then... Tulsi Gabbard is Nixon 2.0?
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            Follow the US dollar. That is your answer every time.
            That's what Cuba will be as soon as Raul is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              Right now, my honest opinion, is that if you don't follow the AOC/Bernie, maybe Warren approach, you are a MAGA, and that's not even close to the truth. The uber left, much like the uber right, is basically saying "our way or the highway, period." That's bullsh*. That is what is dividing our country in the first place.
              This link is related, and does extend to social media, also:
              https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhluYX6VAAApWoM.jpg
              You may feel that way, but not many others do.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                You may feel that way, but not many others do.
                I can only speak for myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  I wonder if he protested this much when the country was being driven to the far right. A true moderate hated that.
                  No one said a word.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

That's definitely the vibe of a couple posters here, burd.

Comment

I can only speak for myself.
                      I must have misunderstood then, because it seemed to me you were speaking for others--that they think if you don't support Bernie/AOC you are MAGA.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                        I must have misunderstood then, because it seemed to me you were speaking for others--that they think if you don't support Bernie/AOC you are MAGA.
                        That is on me, not making myself clear, so I apologize in that case. That is the attitude I am getting.

Comment

That's definitely the vibe of a couple posters here, burd.
                          That anyone not Bernie/AOC is part of trump's base?

Comment

That is on me, not making myself clear, so I apologize in that case. That is the attitude I am getting.
                            You have noting to apologize for. I'm tired, and it shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot
                              Poppycock. The extremes are not the same as far their level of influence. Also as you approach moving further and further left the motivation at that level is to help as many people as possible. As you go further right the intent is to help as few people as possible.

Also what "extreme left" initiatives are "destroying this country?" What examples of upcoming Democratic leaders are pushing law that is going to "destroy the country"?

If you want to say the furthest outer reaches of the left (ALF, ANTIFA or the like perhaps) are "just as bad" I won't argue with you. The problem is that % of the left is outnumbered 10x by the number of far right loonies so your "both sides" mantra holds no water. Just get off it because no one is buying it, and not because we don't understand but because we fully understand.
                              Those who want to go full left, the antifa, don't understand you have to win the seats first. So, go moderate, get your seat, then lay down the hammer. You go full throttle from the start, you will not get the votes you need to swing.

As far as extreme left destroying the country? That free college tuition? You're already seeing even liberals going ***. Those who have paid off their loans and all of a sudden this next wave gets it free? Gotta get mine (and in this case, I don't blame 'em).

Give me people that are willing to talk, willing to compromise, willing to sit at the table, hammer something out. It will NOT be the best for everyone, but it will hopefully be the best of both worlds, so to speak.

Edit: call me a romantic, a hopeful, this situation may be impossible, but I will carry this torch until I die.

Comment

Reposting due to a few edits:

Extreme right? Extreme left? Which is it?

Huh, both are saying that same thing.
                                I am not far left, though. Extremism is destroying this country, and I will not be a part of that extremism, right or left. I will stand by what I believe is truest to me, while voting the same way (with some variance, since no candidate is perfect), and so be it. I will not be cowed into a corner, as rufus/trix are trying to do by calling me out with their bullsh*.
                                Poppycock. The extremes are not the same as far their level of influence. Also as you approach moving further and further left the motivation at that level is to help as many people as possible. As you go further right the intent is to help as few people as possible.

Also what "extreme left" initiatives are "destroying this country?" What examples of upcoming Democratic leaders are pushing law that is going to "destroy the country"?

If you want to say the furthest outer reaches of the left (ALF, ANTIFA or the like perhaps) are "just as bad" I won't argue with you. The problem is that % of the left is outnumbered 10x by the number of far right loonies so your "both sides" mantra holds no water. Just get off it because no one is buying it, and not because we don't understand but because we fully understand.

Burd he is clarifying what you're saying. He thinks if he doesn't fall in love with Bernie/AOC that others here then accuse of being MAGA.

If anyone thinks he's MAGA it's because of my first response and for his insistence to continually equate, "both sides". It's a valid observation on their part.

Brent - discussing free tuition is destroying nothing. And btw there are plenty of initiatives out there that discuss addressing tuition without taking it to being completely free. The people "destroying" us are those that have a tantrum over AOC's initiatives.

Give me people that want to talk
                                What the eff? She wants to start a dialogue, it's MAGA want to silence her completely. Sorry again your narrative that the left is equally as dangerous is full of crap. You also failed to address the fact that the far, far right has a much larger footprint in Washington than the far left.

Comment

Working...
                                X