Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45:55: Wow, @CNN RATINGS HAVE CRASHED. LOST ALL CREDIBILITY!

Re: POTUS 45:55: Wow, @CNN RATINGS HAVE CRASHED. LOST ALL CREDIBILITY!

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    I don't like that you deflect at every opportunity so yes I'd rather leave than play your games.
    What games? I'll answer anything honestly. Just because it's not the answer one wants, doesn't mean it's not an honest answer. Yes I am serious.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    AOC is tossing bombs in general, even DX, who is very opposite of me politically, has said so. She needs to rein it in. I also find it funny that some fall back on "both sides" argument, even when it holds truth, yet they refuse to admit it. Guess what? It's true. Both sides perform shady tactics and stances. Deal with it. I have never claimed one is better than the other, I have only stated that both sides are guilty of it.
    Be careful confusing my not wanting 100% of the things she supports with me wanting 0% of what she supports. I want probably around 87.5%** of what she wants. I just prefer a different approach. But if her approach works, and it obviously is, Iíll gladly defer to her.

Her behavior at hearings has been nothing short of inspiring and itís reminiscent of Al Franken. Learn a topic well, and use it as a cudgel.

I think she could dial back the infighting, but at some point sheís right. Nancy canít put off impeachment forever. That pendulum is swinging towards AOC and itís picking up pace. Eventually Nancy's brilliance will look like ineptitude. Even if itís not.

**Actually, itís probably a good bit higher.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Be careful confusing my not wanting 100% of the things she supports with me wanting 0% of what she supports. I want probably around 87.5%** of what she wants. I just prefer a different approach. But if her approach works, and it obviously is, Iíll gladly defer to her.

Her behavior at hearings has been nothing short of inspiring and itís reminiscent of Al Franken. Learn a topic well, and use it as a cudgel.

I think she could dial back the infighting, but at some point sheís right. Nancy canít put off impeachment forever. That pendulum is swinging towards AOC and itís picking up pace. Eventually Nancy's brilliance will look like ineptitude. Even if itís not.

**Actually, itís probably a good bit higher.
    I have said MANY times I like AOC's style, she just needs to learn Pelosi's tact. I think on that, we agree. That is where I was going with this.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Lucia Apologist

But did you miss the last half of what I posted?

But did you miss the last half of what I posted?
    I did not miss it. AOC is pushing too soon. That is my stance. Get the power, THEN push. AOC is missing that part, IMO.

Lucia Apologist

They have the power to impeach. The last few weeks has me tipping towards doing something rather than nothing.

They have the power to impeach. The last few weeks has me tipping towards doing something rather than nothing.
    If Trump somehow wins the next election? IMPEACH FULL STEAM AHEAD. But as of now, I agree with Pelosi, strategically, it's not a good idea, as much as I hate that stance.

Lucia Apologist

Oh, and she isnít missing it. Sheís just choosing the other option. Iím starting to think sheís right. Nancy is a dinosaur and the meteor hit November 8. Sheís on borrowed time and the landscape is going to look a hell of a lot different very soon.

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    If Trump somehow wins the next election? IMPEACH FULL STEAM AHEAD. But as of now, I agree with Pelosi, strategically, it's not a good idea, as much as I hate that stance.
    If he wins election next time around, the house will have flipped and I will have moved to Canada. Because we ****ed up. Worse than 2016.

If he wins election next time around, the house will have flipped and I will have moved to Canada. Because we ****ed up. Worse than 2016.
    Agreed, except the moving to Canada. I will not leave my country.

Lucia Apologist

Ainít my country if we re-elect that ****-up. And I wouldnít be able to contain myself around people I used to like who didnít do everything they could to stop the fascists from taking power. So Iíd have to make some new acquaintances.

there's a good buck in that racket.

Ainít my country if we re-elect that ****-up. And I wouldnít be able to contain myself around people I used to like who didnít do everything they could to stop the fascists from taking power. So Iíd have to make some new acquaintances.
    lotta people always claim they be leavin'......

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

I will say, if you commit, more power to you, and I give you my respect in that regard, unlike the empty promises of the Hollywood people who threatened to leave the country and didn't.

Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    If he wins election next time around, the house will have flipped and I will have moved to Canada.
    Gonna hold you to that.

Apparently the Gestapo raids scheduled for today didn't come off. Maybe they were just more Dump lies. Maybe people of conscience within ICE (unlikely) or above resisted. If and when Sh-tler gets his act together, here is some information from the ACLU for anyone who needs it.

Everyone living in the U.S. has certain basic rights under the U.S. Constitution—everyone, including people who are undocumented. That has not changed — do not let the media tell you otherwise.

Don’t open the door. Opening the door does not give the agents permission to come inside, but it is safer to speak to ICE through the door.

Ask the agents what they are there for. If the agents don’t speak your language, ask for an interpreter.

If the agents want to enter, ask them if they have a warrant signed by a judge. If ICE agents do not have a warrant signed by a Judge, you may refuse to open the door or let them in. An administrative warrant of removal from immigration authorities is not enough. If they do not have the correct paperwork, be polite, ask them to leave the literature at the door.

If they say they have a warrant, ask them to slip the warrant under the door.

Look at the top and at the signature line to see if it was issued by a court and signed by a judge. Only a court/judge warrant is enough for entry into your premises. One issued by DHS or ICE and signed by a DHS or ICE employee is not.

Do not open your door unless ICE shows you a judicial search or arrest warrant naming a person in your residence and/or areas to be searched at your address.

In all other cases, keep the door closed. State: “I do not consent to your entry.”

If agents force their way in anyway, do not attempt to resist. If you wish to exercise your rights, state: “I do not consent to your entry or to your search of these premises. I am exercising my right to remain silent. I wish to speak with a lawyer as soon as possible.”

Everyone in the residence may also exercise the right to remain silent.

Do not lie or show false documents. Do not sign any papers without speaking to a lawyer. If you need more information, contact your local ACLU affiliate at aclu.org/affiliates.
    The entire Republican Nazi apparatus in this country can DIAF. It is the responsibility of every American citizen to resist these monsters until a morally acceptable US Government can be re-established.
    Last edited by Kepler; 07-15-2019 at 09:52 AM.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Lucia Apologist

There is no saving our country if dump is elected again.

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Gonna hold you to that.
    Donít let my blather be taken as a promise 😎

But Iíll definitely be looking

...and I will have moved to Canada. ...
    Asking Canada for political asylum/refugee, or do you feel you could actually pass their immigration quiz? Because I feel like I wouldn't pass the Express entry requirement for skilled workers. Heavy highway construction engineers are a dime-a-dozen.

I'll say it again for the millionth time.

The Republicans are the radicals. Not AOC, not Ilhan Omar, not Rashida Tlaib. Lindsey Graham, Susan Collins, and Dump are the radicals.

Biden believes he can work with Lindsey Graham. It's just NOT ****ING TRUE. Biden believes he can reason with Susan Collins. It's just NOT ****ING TRUE.

And please stop forgetting that every time welfare is handed out it's handed out in larger chunks to Republican/GOP States and Voters. I give you exhibit "A".

https://www.cfr.org/blog/130-percent...-angry-farmers

130 Percent of Trump’s China-Tariff Revenue Is Now Going to Angry Farmers
    That's welfare folks. That's trickle down economics at its mature endpoint.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

Trump is a radical.
    So are AOC and Bernie.

Both can be, and are, true.

Thread Information